Sponsored

Whipple car runs bad - tune issues

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
HaHa guy complains about thread crapping, then comes here to crap himself. I love it.

The internet is awesome.
Sponsored

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
Nah [MENTION=20919]superman07[/MENTION] mine was showing negative values on both banks. Think I may have found the issue. The bypass line fitting where it connects to the manifold. The damn vacuum elbow was dry rotted all to shit. Barely moved it and it popped off and broke

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Man, I thought it had to be air leaking post MAF but I was wrong about everything else to that point I tried to stop while I was ahead. Glad you found it. What will need replaced?

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Easy answer:
Whipple guy is over in the Edelbrock post spending his time bashing other company’s blowers rather than helping you fix yours. But that’s ok they have a lot of fan boys to make up for it.
Actually, we have this technology called email. We've communicated with customers. We have also stated here that the issue was resolved and we are building the files, putting on the server, and will let all know when they are available to download. 300+ cals take sometime to build (done now) and convert for the server (in process). As always, we post when the update is available.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Getting frustrated here. Whipple keeps saying they have a fix, but it never comes... The answer is always "by the end of the week" or a non-committal "it takes time." Which is it? This has been going on for almost a month now. Meanwhile my car runs like crap (along with other cars) and is eating catalytic converters. Give us a promise date!

I'm feeling like Whipple is all over the forums giving the impression they're giving good support, but our problems never get fixed. I get PMs from guys who have had this issue for well over a year with no resolution asking me if Whipple has helped me yet... It's making me really consider parking the car until the weather gets warm again and that would suck.

The whole reason for the OP was that my emails to Whipple requesting support were not responded to or I was told that they'd never heard of the problem before, or that I needed to put a restrictor in the bypass valve line.

I hate to be negative but I'm frustrated... I'm willing to be a guinea pig to see if their fix works, but all I get is crickets...

John
John,

On 1-22 and 1-30, I stated that we found the issue and working on a resolution, we would let all know when update is available. It's not an overnight thing, were knee deep in the 2018 F150 and Mustang, along with 2019 programs. We had to get a car that we could test on, as our test cars don't show these issues. We tested multiple concepts and strategies, we resolved the issue. Once that was done, we have to build every calibration (near 300). Once that's done, they have to get converted to go on the server, then placed on the server. All this takes sometime, but it allows everyone to have access all at once.

As we've said before, as soon as the update is available to download, we will post.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
I have not been in as long as you or others but I am feeling the same way. Dustin responds to my emails but its always a date further out than I was given in the last email. I have been told my issue is a vacuum leak yet I tested it at home twice and took it to a shop with a good smoke tester and found no leaks there either (money out of pocket again). All I want is to get what I was promised. Stock like cruising with a lot more power when WOT.

I am not sure what the holdup is, I have been given bits of information on a root cause by Dustin but said i would not post it here so I wont, but I am seeing no resolution.....
Matt,
As I said in the emails, we are waiting for the files to be converted and put on the server, there is no question on what we are waiting for. I've offered to pay for a custom tune, I've offered to flash the PCM if you sent in vs waiting for the server update. I've answered each and every email, question and have given you the best estimates available to me.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Although I went with Kenne Bell Whipple went out of there way to answer any questions I had in a timely manner. It's alot of work to do what they are doing for the community and still run their development programs for new model years. To me it seems like they went out of their way to resolve an issue that only a few people noticed in a short time. Mad props to Dustin and his team.

OP
OP

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
Matt,
As I said in the emails, we are waiting for the files to be converted and put on the server, there is no question on what we are waiting for. I've offered to pay for a custom tune, I've offered to flash the PCM if you sent in vs waiting for the server update. I've answered each and every email, question and have given you the best estimates available to me.
Meanwhile all of my emails to Jeff et al, went unanswered (he was who was asked to support me). I would've sent my PCM if that was an option given to me... I sent my logs and have heard a whole lotta nothing since. But, thanks to Will for acknowledging he received them.

I have faith that you guys will make it right so I will stand down and eagerly await a fix.

J

brandonalberd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic S550
Man, I thought it had to be air leaking post MAF but I was wrong about everything else to that point I tried to stop while I was ahead. Glad you found it. What will need replaced?
Didn't fix it. I had to go buy a new vacuum elbow and cut it to size, but still doing it. What's weird is I've noticed with more the throttle, the trims level out, and even doing WOT the car's adding timing, and maintaining a .80-.83 lambda. Don't get it. But as soon as you go back to just cruising/light throttle, the STFT bounce around from -15 to +15. Almost wonder if it's something PCV related.

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I never expected my car to run like stock with a blower. It changes so many things it is near impossible to have it drive like it did off the showroom. When that 800 horsepower hits its all worth it. I like taking people for rides and rolling on in 4th gear and snapping the tires sideways.
Well tons of stock cars with PD blowers do. Whipple claim to fame is their tune is developed from the ground up by a ford engineer to provide stock like performance.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Matt,

Dustin,

yes you did tell me I could send it to you but this is my daily so I cant be totally down that long.

custom tune you asked if I could get one never offered to pay.

You also told me on 1/19 you found the issue and i would have a fix in a couple days. Then on 1/24 you told me you thought it would be that week but may spill into the next week. on the 29th you said your software guys were back and they are converting it for the server so I could get it . I have tried my best to only email you for an update once a week and early on you requested that I not post what was found and I have respected that request so you would not be inundated with emails. The point was you told me a week about a 4 weeks ago and with my car running like crap it feels much longer and I worry about burning up the cats due to excessive fuel being sent into the engine.

Not trying to be a pain but after a week I was ok his guys were out for vacation I understand then two and three etc..... the 18s and 19s? well IMHO customers with issues should always come before a new product.

racingmason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
Dustin,

yes you did tell me I could send it to you but this is my daily so I cant be totally down that long.

You also told me on 1/19 you found the issue and i would have a fix in a couple days. Then on 1/24 you told me you thought it would be that week but may spill into the next week. on the 29th you said your software guys were back and they are converting it for the server so I could get it . I have tried my best to only email you for an update once a week and early on you requested that I not post what was found and I have respected that request so you would not be inundated with emails. The point was you told me a week about a 4 weeks ago and with my car running like crap it feels much longer and I worry about burning up the cats due to excessive fuel being sent into the engine.

Not trying to be a pain but after a week I was ok his guys were out for vacation I understand then two and three etc..... the 18s and 19s? well IMHO customers with issues should always come before a new product.
I disagree. We are talking about a few issues out of how many thousands of kits? Be glad you the support you did on here. Complaints like this is what is wrong with todays me me me generation.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I disagree. We are talking about a few issues out of how many thousands of kits? Be glad you the support you did on here. Complaints like this is what is wrong with todays me me me generation.
I respectfully disagree the mark of a good company is service after the sale not bringing a product to market first. I work in an industry where service is 1st and foremost. If you remember back, if you are old enough, QC was a huge thing when bringing products to market due to the fact they could not remotely fix issues and it required either a service call or mailing the product back. The advent of the internet allowed companies to use end users to complete QC tasks by providing updates after implementation of the product. This has brought us to where we are today with you thinking me me me when if enough time had been spend QCing a product there would be no need for rework after the sale. The support after the sale would be left to manufacture defects in production of the physical product.

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Dustin,

How do you think I would get you a custom tune? I offered, I was going to take care of it. I mentioned that I'm limited in what I can do in updating the calibration and wanted to help you. You said you didn't want it because you wanted our safety and features which we understand.

Having a slight hesitation in 5th and 6th gear only during certain driving conditions does not mean the car runs like crap. It also has nothing to do with fuel mileage or excess fueling, nor damaging the cats. The issue is actually in the cat light off mode and what it does to light the cat off. You have to go richer to light the cat off after a decel when the injectors cut. It takes multiple scenarios to even do it. There is no danger to your vehicle.

I said on Jan 19th, that we had resolved the issue and we were going to update all the stage 2 manual cals. On the 24th, I said that we actually found one more item during validation testing. As I said, files are being converted and that's where we are. I offered to reflash here to save time as that's the fastest method, you declined. When the update is available, it will be posted here so you can use your voucher to request a new file.
Sponsored