Sponsored

Which One?

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Hello All,

Still debating on my next mustang which will be a long term daily driver. Model years 2018 - 2021 as I want the 12 inch instrument cluster and newer options. Choices are a new or low mileage GT Premium with PP1, A new or low mileage stage 2 Roush or a new or used Mach 1. One of the big musts for me is the A10 as my legs can't handle the daily driving anymore with a manual. The car will not be tracked. While some of the options on these cars will be overkill on the streets I am good with that as I just want something very cool with power on demand and something I can have a lot of fun with on the back roads that drives well. First color choice is Ruby or Rapid red so any pictures, if you care to share, would be great!

Fire Away!!
Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If itā€™s in the budget, go Mach! It will be the most unique and sought after. The RS2 would be nice as well, but thereā€™s no forced induction. Or, thereā€™s nothing wrong with a PP1 GT and throwing the difference in $ into the parts to make up the difference between the other trims. All of them are great choices, but I would join the Mach club.

Jumpmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darron
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I have the 2020 GT Premium with PP1 for a daily driver. I added the Ford Power Pack level 2 and now get 27 to 28 MPG on the highway with cruise set at 73. That being said if I get in town it drops to 24 and 25 real quick.

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Won't be a used MACh1 market for atleast a year, so that would switch you over to new purchase.
With chip shortage even a regular GT maybe hard to find in the future.
Ford already said they will concentrate on money makers first (trucks)

I will opinionate my choice.
California Special (new/used)
1. You seem to want something that sets you apart from regular GT
2. Interior is more comfortable for commuting
3. Available in A10
4. PP1 spoiler from factory
5. If buying used, there's a good chance they were NOT owned by the town hot rodder. So they haven't been beat on. The other models mention increases that possibility considerably.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
According to the info you're sharing, you want either a new or used Mustang. Ranging in model from a GT500 to a standard PP1 GT, and including a Mach 1 and Roush S2 as further considerations. From MY2018 to brand new.

giphy.gif

How about you share your budget with us? Or is that not a concern? Because if it isn't, I've got a great car to sell you for about $80,000.00 $..........$180,000.00

Wait.....it's $1,800,00.00

It's a very rare s550 with low miles. It's a 2016 pp2. One of a kind.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
According to the info you're sharing, you want either a new or used Mustang. Ranging in model from a GT500 to a standard PP1 GT, and including a Mach 1 and Roush S2 as further considerations. From MY2018 to brand new.

giphy.gif

How about you share your budget with us? Or is that not a concern? Because if it isn't, I've got a great car to sell you for about $80,000.00 $..........$180,000.00

Lol...no problem. Budget wise I can do the 50K range. I just want to make the best decision for my money especially since i will be keeping the car for a good while.....

Thanks!!

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Lol...no problem. Budget wise I can do the 50K range. I just want to make the best decision for my money especially since i will be keeping the car for a good while.....

Thanks!!
So that rules out the Mach 1, Roush, etc. Get a loaded GT PP1 car, with Magneride and Active exhaust, along with the A10. Do NOT skip the Magneride and Active Exhaust options, they define the driving experience.

Buy new, don't buy someone else's problems. And have a full 3 year factory warranty.

And stop fucking around, and go buy it already. Don't waste time/life screwing around debating and pondering and continuously questioning.

https://www.koonssterlingford.com/new/Ford/2021-Ford-Mustang-0bd7ba070a0e0a6b26c3e9e8355a581b.htm

Bronco2fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Taurus SHO LMS V11 Tune, 2006 F150 Harley-Davidson, 03 Mustang GT Conv.
There are low mileage PP1, A10 GT's out there. Mine for instance, 2019, Velocity Blue, 3k on it. I work from home so I rarely get to have it out of the garage. But when I do, boy is it fun. And as stated, chips are gonna drive the prices up on everything. 50K is a good budget, buy something before the shit hits the fan.

OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So that rules out the Mach 1, Roush, etc. Get a loaded GT PP1 car, with Magneride and Active exhaust, along with the A10. Do NOT skip the Magneride and Active Exhaust options, they define the driving experience.

Buy new, don't buy someone else's problems. And have a full 3 year factory warranty.

And stop fucking around, and go buy it already. Don't waste time/life screwing around debating and pondering and continuously questioning.

https://www.koonssterlingford.com/new/Ford/2021-Ford-Mustang-0bd7ba070a0e0a6b26c3e9e8355a581b.htm
Well first off thanks for the fun response...lol. Being in the 50K range does NOT rule out the Mach 1 or Stage 2 as they can both be had in that range. I agree with buying new for the reasons you specified but I have also found a lot of used stock mustangs under 10K miles which me for is perfect as they have not been driven for a long time, they are still under warranty (well...depending on the year) and of course that first person took the biggest hit!

As far as wasting time, while I would love to have one right now, people do have their own unique circumstances as to why they have to wait a little while which is where I am right now. So, in the meantime this is a great forum and I love to hear people's experiences and opinions because I get to learn so much. As expressed though, I genuinely appreciate your input and all I can say is I am working on it....LOL.

OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are low mileage PP1, A10 GT's out there. Mine for instance, 2019, Velocity Blue, 3k on it. I work from home so I rarely get to have it out of the garage. But when I do, boy is it fun. And as stated, chips are gonna drive the prices up on everything. 50K is a good budget, buy something before the shit hits the fan.

Hey Bronco,

I am thinking along the same lines as far as the shortage. I just read that Ford is shutting down or drastically reducing their builds for the next two weeks due to the chip shortages. Tough times indeed for everyone.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/b...ushes-ford-cancel-more-production/4825723001/

Sponsored
OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the 2020 GT Premium with PP1 for a daily driver. I added the Ford Power Pack level 2 and now get 27 to 28 MPG on the highway with cruise set at 73. That being said if I get in town it drops to 24 and 25 real quick.
Have any good pictures to share of your Rapid Red?? Would love to see them!

OP
OP

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Won't be a used MACh1 market for atleast a year, so that would switch you over to new purchase.
With chip shortage even a regular GT maybe hard to find in the future.
Ford already said they will concentrate on money makers first (trucks)

I will opinionate my choice.
California Special (new/used)
1. You seem to want something that sets you apart from regular GT
2. Interior is more comfortable for commuting
3. Available in A10
4. PP1 spoiler from factory
5. If buying used, there's a good chance they were NOT owned by the town hot rodder. So they haven't been beat on. The other models mention increases that possibility considerably.

I would like something that sets me apart from the Standard GT so you are on target there. I do like the California Special and owned a 16' CS in Ruby red which I loved. Problem now is, at least for me, is that I cannot get a newer one in Rapid Red which I love. Not even Velocity Blue which is my second choice so for me that unfortunately does make the short list. I have a lot of frustration with how they knock out certain colors for certain models. I really wanted a Mach 1 in Rapid Red but they don't offer it although maybe velocity Blue as a consolation prize. It is a very nice color.

It looks like the California Special this year only has about half the color palette which for me is a major disappointment. I can get a GT500, a Standard GT, a Mach "E", an Escape and even a Bronco in Rapid red but NOT a Mach 1 or California Special. Sounds to me like the inmates are running the asylum and making some very bad decisions but it is what it is. I absolutelty hate the fact that they can't give customers the full color pallette on every model they have. Makes absolutely no sense at all. It's like they love screwing with people on purpose!

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX

giphy.gif

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ please continue your never ending shit talking to every thread. The forums were getting pretty boring over the last few months with endless worry about epa BS but you have turned that around lately!
Sponsored