Sponsored

Which one of you will be the first to top $100,000 on your GT500?

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
At this point, dealers know if they have allocation for CFTP. If your dealer is telling you to order both - it’s because they don’t have an allocation (they might be hoping for a late favor) or they intend to sell their CFTP to someone else, IMO.
I came across a dealer who is 20k ADM, but 30k for golden ticket.
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
People still paying ADM just to have a depreciating asset first. Nobody learns and the cycle continues... :(

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
People still paying ADM just to have a depreciating asset first. Nobody learns and the cycle continues... :(
But if it is a very small ADM, I think that is just fine. :sunglasses:

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
Have you ever taken an interest loan on a car?

Is that better or somehow smarter than paying cash and an ADM?

Your just taking your ADM and calling it a car payment. It's still your same (or possibly more) money going to a bank vs a dealership... for a depreciating asset.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
You could compare it to buying a new car. Everyone knows that cars depreciate the fastest when they are new. You will save a ton of money if you only buy cars that are at least 2 years old. Many ADMs are less than the amount a car could depreciate in 2-3 years.

But is saving money the most important thing in your life? That's something only you can decide.

Sponsored

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
To a degree yes but lets look at the other side of the coin....resale. I don't see any 2016-2018 GT350R sellers pricing their cars where normal automobile depreciation would/should have them pricing their cars, right? I'd almost assume those R's would bring you a handsome trade value if you were trading it on something else?
I personally am not in a super hurry for this car so I'm not likely gonna pay ADM or possibly a small ADM if the market still dictates it when I can no longer stand the itch but I have no issue with the guys who want one right off the bat paying a "market premium" for their's is it will most likely keep values a little higher as the car ages.

I could be wrong but I doubt you'll be able to find a 2020 CFTP GT500 on the used market a year from now for under 90K or for that matter a base 2020 GT500 for under $70K.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
But if it is a very small ADM, I think that is just fine. :sunglasses:
Define small ADM? At most I could see $1k over MSRP to cover the cost of entering the program for a dealer that's only going to get one car.

Have you ever taken an interest loan on a car?

Is that better or somehow smarter than paying cash and an ADM?

Your just taking your ADM and calling it a car payment. It's still your same (or possibly more) money going to a bank vs a dealership... for a depreciating asset.
It's very unlikely most of the people paying ADM are cash transactions for the entire price of the car. There will be some level of financing involved adding interest on top of ADM paid for those buyers.

To a degree yes but lets look at the other side of the coin....resale. I don't see any 2016-2018 GT350R sellers pricing their cars where normal automobile depreciation would/should have them pricing their cars, right? I'd almost assume those R's would bring you a handsome trade value if you were trading it on something else?
I personally am not in a super hurry for this car so I'm not likely gonna pay ADM or possibly a small ADM if the market still dictates it when I can no longer stand the itch but I have no issue with the guys who want one right off the bat paying a "market premium" for their's is it will most likely keep values a little higher as the car ages.
Yes, for the first two years the GT350 held its value pretty well, but the bottom fell out in most markets. The GT350R has done well longer only for time to catch up with it as well. Ford's $5k price increase for 2020 might help GT350R values spike up a little but only time will tell.

Last edited:

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
At this point, dealers know if they have allocation for CFTP. If your dealer is telling you to order both - it’s because they don’t have an allocation (they might be hoping for a late favor) or they intend to sell their CFTP to someone else, IMO.
No they do not, and if they are saying this is completely false info. They will not know until the scheduling begins from Ford. Until then you better have a back up car in the system. This "golden ticket" is a false rumor.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
No they do not, and if they are saying this is completely false info. They will not know until the scheduling begins from Ford. Until then you better have a back up car in the system. This "golden ticket" is a false rumor.
No, this is completely false. Allocations were given out just prior to the order banks opening up. The allocations are set in the computer and if your dealership doesn't have the allocation, they can't order the car.

For the reason above, you cant order a backup car either, unless the dealer has multiple allocations. Its the same model as the GT350 allocation system. Someone, somewhere, came up with this golden ticket crap.

The Golden ticket term is used for someone who doesn't understand the allocation process.

Nolimits88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500 2020 TO GT500 2021 GT500 CARBON PKG
No, this is completely false. Allocations were given out just prior to the order banks opening up. The allocations are set in the computer and if your dealership doesn't have the allocation, they can't order the car.

For the reason above, you cant order a backup car either, unless the dealer has multiple allocations. Its the same model as the GT350 allocation system. Someone, somewhere, came up with this golden ticket crap.

The Golden ticket term is used for someone who doesn't understand the allocation process.
Right I was referring to the golden ticket bs...My dealer has allocations for the car, but we are talking those who assume they will get a CF pack just because they put it in the system and the dealer basically not stating what we are mentioning, that until the scheduling begins is when you know you have the cf allocation. Or the regional rep will call up that dealership and ask them to make the change in the system to a base allocation before such a deadline.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
The CFTP as well as painted stripes are allocated items. The system will not accept the order if the allocation does not exist.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
ADM=MSRP

Both are made up things that hold no relevance in a capitalist society
Sponsored