PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Interested in what made you start using Ceratec? have you noticed any benefits?
I first changed my oil at 3000 ks. Immediately there was a ticking noise that had not been there previously. I was well aware of the condition from this forum so just started adding a bottle of Ceratec after each oil change. All good. I don't think that I have anything to worry about.
Sponsored

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
I first changed my oil at 3000 ks. Immediately there was a ticking noise that had not been there previously. I was well aware of the condition from this forum so just started adding a bottle of Ceratec after each oil change. All good. I don't think that I have anything to worry about.
I use Ceratec also to quiet the tick. It said the ceratec should keep working for 40 or 50000 Klm before adding more. I havent done an oil change since adding it so i see how it goes. I chang oil every 10000 Klm.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I use Ceratec also to quiet the tick. It said the ceratec should keep working for 40 or 50000 Klm before adding more. I havent done an oil change since adding it so i see how it goes. I chang oil every 10000 Klm.
Hi Keith. I have added Ceratec 4 times now after the initial 3000klm oil change and each annual oil change. Each time before adding there was a slight amount of tick that had returned. I think that some or most of the Ceratec effect was being lost with the old oil. Last time that I bought Ceratec through Supercheap special orders Liqui Moly had changed their supply requirements of minimum 6 bottles (a box). Buying it this way works out very cheap compared to buying it off Ebay one bottle at a time and I am good for another 5 years.

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
Hi Keith. I have added Ceratec 4 times now after the initial 3000klm oil change and each annual oil change. Each time before adding there was a slight amount of tick that had returned. I think that some or most of the Ceratec effect was being lost with the old oil. Last time that I bought Ceratec through Supercheap special orders Liqui Moly had changed their supply requirements of minimum 6 bottles (a box). Buying it this way works out very cheap compared to buying it off Ebay one bottle at a time and I am good for another 5 years.
Thanks PK I'll try super cheap also. It says to use one bottle of Ceratec per 5 litres of oil but sounds like your using one and finding that works ok, is that right. I used two as we have 10 litres of oil.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Thanks PK I'll try super cheap also. It says to use one bottle of Ceratec per 5 litres of oil but sounds like your using one and finding that works ok, is that right. I used two as we have 10 litres of oil.
I have only ever used one bottle per oil change. Some people use only half a bottle.

Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
I checked my receipt and I was charged the equivalent of $20.40 per 300ml bottle when I bought it this way by the box of 6. I got it at the time of a storewide sale including special orders. Normally $178.26 a box of 6 ($29.71/bottle). Ebay sells it at near double and then postage on top.

Keeffa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
ford mustang 2018 gt
I checked my receipt and I was charged the equivalent of $20.40 per 300ml bottle when I bought it this way by the box of 6. I got it at the time of a storewide sale including special orders. Normally $178.26 a box of 6 ($29.71/bottle). Ebay sells it at near double and then postage on top.
Yeah, that is cheap .

OP
OP
65muzzy

65muzzy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT
Just to confirm. Is the engine oil capacity 7.6l or 9.5l.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Just to confirm. Is the engine oil capacity 7.6l or 9.5l.
The 18+ is 9.5 and I think the earlier engines may be different.
Sponsored