Sponsored

Which model did you choose? (Aussie votes please)

Which Mustang model did you order?

• Total voters

lovesny2001

Stang rider
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Swraj
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang Ecoboost 2016
I thought it be cool to see how many of us have gotten GT or GT convertible or Ecoboost. Please vote your Mustang model :cool:

Inspired by [MENTION=19801]2-STANG[/MENTION]S poll on colours :)

Australian orders only please so we can get an idea on what to expect on our roads. Please only keep this to cars that have been ordered and not what you think you might order so that the numbers are close to real.
Sponsored

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
gt auto race red black wheels

OP
OP
lovesny2001

lovesny2001

Stang rider
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Swraj
Vehicle(s)

tarabrae

How's the serenity?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback MT
For those who are still making their minds up, here's what I based my decisions on:

GT vs Ecoboost: I do a lot of driving, 30 to 40,000km per year due to my 160km round trip commute, and this was to be my daily driver so my first thought was to go for the Ecoboost. Of course the pull of the GT was strong so I calculated the yearly difference in fuel cost and when it came in at a reasonable level my decision was made for me. Can I just say that there was also a fair bit of influence coming from the other half who, when I first met her, was driving a V8 Kingswood HZ.

Fastback vs Convertible: I love convertibles and it is what I initially wanted and would have ordered, but even more than that I love a manual transmission so when Ford AU said they wouldn't offer a manual transmission in the convertible then that was it, decision made. In hindsight I'm glad it worked out this way because I do like the look of the fastback much more than the convertible with the top up. A reason that I had in favour of the convertible was rear headroom (especially with the top down!) but really, was I buying this car for rear passenger comfort? NO!! Other reasons I'm glad it worked out this way are that it better suits the cold climate down here, and I have another convertible (my Jeep TJ) anyway.

OP
OP
lovesny2001

lovesny2001

Stang rider
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Swraj
Vehicle(s)
As expected we have majority of orders on GT :) Although, I am surprised very few convertibles were ordered.

Sponsored

stasik-a4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP1
I have a bit of a dilemma which i need your guys positive opinions which may help me out with making decisions.
I have ordered GT Fastback Auto based on Mrs wanting Auto and not wanting to drive manual especially in traffic, but now she is not sure if she will be driving it that much cause of long front and not being able to see the end of it. So i'm considering changing it to manual from auto, what are everyone's opinions on this?
She said that she is going to be more inclined to driving the RS Focus which happens to be manual. :doh: :headbonk:

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
I have a bit of a dilemma which i need your guys positive opinions which may help me out with making decisions.
I have ordered GT Fastback Auto based on Mrs wanting Auto and not wanting to drive manual especially in traffic, but now she is not sure if she will be driving it that much cause of long front and not being able to see the end of it. So i'm considering changing it to manual from auto, what are everyone's opinions on this?
She said that she is going to be more inclined to driving the RS Focus which happens to be manual. :doh: :headbonk:
stay with the auto its so quick, put into sports mode and it down shifts so aggresivly plus you also got pedal shifters ;)

OP
OP
lovesny2001

lovesny2001

Stang rider
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Swraj
Vehicle(s)
I test drove an Auto Ecoboost few weeks ago, it was pretty quick when compared to any other car in this price range. The GT Fastback will only be better! But, I have to say, driving a manual just gives you a different feeling. I think, there's no additional benefit of owning a manual when compared to Automatic, but just the feeling you get :)

disco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Gidday guys, I'm new on here.

I ordered a GT Fastback.

My missus had also suggested I get an auto so she could drive it at times, however this would prob be less than a handful of times a year. I on the other hand love shifting my own cogs. So had to make a long term judgement and stuck to my guns. MT82 it is! :)

Cheers,
Dave.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lovesny2001

lovesny2001

Stang rider
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Swraj
Vehicle(s)
Gidday guys, I'm new on here.

I ordered a GT Fastback.

My missus had also suggested I get an auto so she could drive it at times, however this would prob be less than a handful of times a year. I on the other hand love shifting my own cogs. So had to make a long term judgement and stuck to my guns. MT82 it is! :)

Cheers,
Dave.
Welcome to the forum disco :clap2:

disco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thank you for the welcome mate.

Now between this forum, the S550 Mustang groups on Facey and just day dreaming on the arrival of my new Mustang - just don't find the hours in the day! lol!

cheers,
Dave.
Sponsored