Sponsored

Baby seat for Mustang - which one?

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
My plan is to leave the passenger seat forward on the bottom slide.
Less time waiting for the electrics. The lack of an old school "tilt and slide" lever is a pain.
But hey, in the scheme of it, the car has greater design flaws.
That is pretty much how my car is everyday. I was actually really surprised there wasn't a lever to slide forward!
Sponsored

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
That is pretty much how my car is everyday. I was actually really surprised there wasn't a lever to slide forward!
Agreed Melbnut...after driving the car for a month, it really only has one issue for me. The bloody electric seats. I like a lever and slide set up...much faster. Due to my smashed up legs, I need the seat all the way back to get in and out of the car and then have to have it nearly all the way in to reach the clutch. It takes an eternity and then if someone is in the back, it takes twice as long. I dont get the whole technology and everything needs to be electric stuff. A simple sliding mechanism with a lever would be cheaper, lighter and easier. But then I suppose someone who is too lazy to slide a seat will moan that the car isn't high tech enough...

dreabc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The bloody electric seats. I like a lever and slide set up...much faster.
I was thinking the seats in the Mustang are actually reasonably fast. The seats in the wifes Maz3 SP25GT take an eternity to move.
No doubt the old school way is the fastest though.

I think electric seats without memory are a bit useless really. Atleast the seats can start moving into position as you unlock/approach the car. If the Mustang has memory seats, I haven't found it.

Gruntus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible in Magnetic
I was able to source a backless booster for my 6 year old which fits the back bucket seats really well. From what I've been able to find out they aren't legally able to be manufactured any more but can still be used. A few second hand ones come up on Ebay (these were originally compliant when sold and should have compliance info on them) and there are also brand new ones from overseas which look like they only have overseas compliance and I would therefore think not able to be used here legally.

MustangMark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EcoBoost Convertible - Magnetic
I ordered a Mustang last January, a baby last March, and. Maxi Cosi Hera ISOFIX seat in July...
Baby and seat arrived in November... Still waiting on the Mustang.
I bought the version that lets me use it from both til 4 years (from memory). By the time the car arrives, I would have been better off getting the 1-6 years (again, from memory).
We've actually just taken it out of the box to put in the Mrs car and try it out - Bubs about to move out of the Capsule that we hired for 6 months.

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
You got a perfectly good boot space in the Mustang, why do you need a car seat...

On a more serious note, as others have mentioned to make sure that it has Australian compliance...

Australia really needs to stop with these stupid rules, if it's good enough for Europe or USA, then its good enough for us..

We aren't that special...
Sorry to sound like one of those do gooders but lm happy we have these stupid rules. I rather have a higher level of safety for my daughter who is easily the most important thing in the universe than something less safe :thumbsup:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry to sound like one of those do gooders but lm happy we have these stupid rules. I rather have a higher level of safety for my daughter who is easily the most important thing in the universe than something less safe :thumbsup:
From all reports, the ISOFIX is the best thing to happen to kiddie seats in a long time.
For those who aren't aware, Oz and a few other countries are the only ones to insist that we retain the top restraining strap with the ISOFIX seats.
For some reason, others have decided that the mount alone is sufficient. :shrug:

I can't seem to find an ISOFIX to suit a child up to 7 years. If anyone knows of a brand or supplier, PLEASE share. :cheers:

Nicolas05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Oxford White
I have tested a lot of car seats (in the Mustang), before buying the one I got.
This one fitted the best and was the easiest to buckle up. (and isofix)

Just google'd it and it appears you have them in Australia to. It's the 'Maxi-Cosi Rodifix'

Really happy with this one, perfect match! :clap2:

quick duck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VZ Berlina wagon
Just to clarify, ISOFIX was brought in because majority of people fitted the lap sash part of the seatbelt incorrectly, in many cases not at all.

Your seat doesn't have to be ISOFIX, it just needs to be an approved seat and fitted correctly. Kids in the last bracket, 4-7 yo, are secure in a basic booster with a child satety harness that fixes to the top restaint point.

Age, weight and height are all factors in what type of seat required.

Sponsored

GTCONVERT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT Convertible (24th June 2016)
ISOFIX is far safer and I can't believe we don't have booster seats with it. I am close to getting an ISOFIX booster sent over by relatives in the UK but am worried with the non compliance. As Snake Bite said, my daughter is the most important thing and thats why I want one of these seats - especially with its locking in to seat function when I have the top down. Can't believe we are so behind with this still...

Jack79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda's
The Euro and American baby seat's are just as good.. i'm just saying our rules should be inline with other countries.. our ADR don't make our cars any safer than Euro or USA cars..

Good to see you keeping your daughter safe... there are some parents out there that only think of themselves and neglect there child's safety, by not using any baby/kid safety seat/booster..

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, so after a little research, I pulled the trigger on 2 X Safe n Sound Maxi Rider AHR's today.
My kids will be 3.5 and 5.5 years when the car arrives. Or at least, that's the plan!

Why?

Well, the base of the rear seats in the Mustang is about 300mm wide at its narrowest point, so getting something to fit in there, without distorting the leather is going to be an issue.
You can scrub most of the "Hi Liners" off your list if this bothers you.

The MR AHR fits into the rear nicely, it comes in plain black, it goes from 0 -7 years (approx), and the height adjusts by simply pulling the red handle on top, taking the belts with it (no rethreading required).
It can also be used with the lap sash belt.
Price is around $400 depending where you shop. I picked mine up for $370 a throw.
PLEASE NOTE: This seat is soon to be superseded and apparently the replacement will lack some of the functions of this particular model. Which is why I bought them well in advance.

Hope this gives some clues.
1463192889.image.jpeg
1463192937.image.jpeg
image.jpeg

MuzzGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
Ok, so after a little research, I pulled the trigger on 2 X Safe n Sound Maxi Rider AHR's today.
My kids will be 3.5 and 5.5 years when the car arrives. Or at least, that's the plan!

Why?

Well, the base of the rear seats in the Mustang is about 300mm wide at its narrowest point, so getting something to fit in there, without distorting the leather is going to be an issue.
You can scrub most of the "Hi Liners" off your list if this bothers you.

The MR AHR fits into the rear nicely, it comes in plain black, it goes from 0 -7 years (approx), and the height adjusts by simply pulling the red handle on top, taking the belts with it (no rethreading required).
It can also be used with the lap sash belt.
Price is around $400 depending where you shop. I picked mine up for $370 a throw.
PLEASE NOTE: This seat is soon to be superseded and apparently the replacement will lack some of the functions of this particular model. Which is why I bought them well in advance.

Hope this gives some clues.
I have the same seat for my 2yo, its been great. Also just purchased the isofix safe n sound trufix for my 6 month and installed it today. Both will be moved into the mustang when it eventually arrives.