'17 GT350
:sunglasses:

I have some advice for you :
  • Wait till April 1st.
  • Enter April's photo of the month.
  • Wait till April 30th.
  • Win April's photo of the month.
WD :like:
We got another one a couple years later that's pretty great. Daytime(ish) rotor glow!
Angle.jpg
Sponsored

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
It certainly doesn't seem like a huge issue. However, I ended up at TMO researching, and found the parts needed for under $100. Since it's not critical, I'll probably take care of it this summer.

You are not the only person I've heard never have an issue with it.

I messaged a friend late last night after I couldn't get the dang brakes bled, despite doing it three times. He said pump the clutch until your leg feels like it is going to fall off. "Huh, did you read my text, or are you drunk?" Sure enough, pumped the clutch a ton, and the brakes got significantly stiffer. Going to do one more round of bleeding at the caliper tonight just to make sure all the air is out, but interesting design from Ford for sure!
FWIW, I use the Motive Power Bleeder and I haven't had any brake issues on any of the track cars I've used it on since. It's really worth the investment, IMHO.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
FWIW, I use the Motive Power Bleeder and I haven't had any brake issues on any of the track cars I've used it on since. It's really worth the investment, IMHO.
Thanks, I went that route too. At 5 PSI, and the gauge has an audible leak around it that I need to seal. It seems like a bit of a clunky unit, I am going to install a quick connect on the hose just because the threaded connection gave me plenty of trouble last night. Since it's SRF in there, anything I can do to completely seal it and not have to empty the main tank would be helpful.

Live and learn.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Thanks, I went that route too. At 5 PSI, and the gauge has an audible leak around it that I need to seal. It seems like a bit of a clunky unit, I am going to install a quick connect on the hose just because the threaded connection gave me plenty of trouble last night. Since it's SRF in there, anything I can do to completely seal it and not have to empty the main tank would be helpful.

Live and learn.
Weird. Are you able to send it back?

So - if I am doing a quick bleed, I don't actually put any fluid in the motive bleeder. I just pressurize and try not to run the reservoir out of fluid. If I am doing a full flush, I'll fill the Motive Bleeder itself up with 1.5-2x the needed amount.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Weird. Are you able to send it back?

So - if I am doing a quick bleed, I don't actually put any fluid in the motive bleeder. I just pressurize and try not to run the reservoir out of fluid. If I am doing a full flush, I'll fill the Motive Bleeder itself up with 1.5-2x the needed amount.
I was told not to send it back. The Motive people were great. They are sending a new tank. Good company right there. Im sure it's dirt cheap to make the tank, but still, no questions asked was nice.

In the mean time, my wife helped me bleed with the old fashion "1-2-hold" method. And we went through a lot of fluid.
Sponsored