Sponsored

Where are your next events?

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Team Steeda is having a great time this weekend at the Shelby America Event! It is being held at PBIR in Palm Beach. What a great group of people!!
Next weekend is Homestead for team Steeda.
Best Lap time 1:28.03

Mike D
shelby american.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Plimmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
COTA with EdgeAddicts this Sunday May 20. Anyone else going? I couldn’t do Sat as well due to family events, so Sunday only.

dmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
Barbers Motorsports in Sept if I have the new PP1 by then.

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
PCA Chicago autocross this Saturday for me.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Battling the Arizona high temps this weekend with NASA AZ at AMP in both directions. Hopefully those Track Spec Vents help out!

JohnAZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Trackspec Vent

Battling the Arizona high temps this weekend with NASA AZ at AMP in both directions. Hopefully those Track Spec Vents help out!
I’m installing the center vent this weekend and interested to know how it does on the track. Let us know :) !!

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I’m installing the center vent this weekend and interested to know how it does on the track. Let us know :) !!
I am rocking the stock location vents as I do not have enough balls to cut that big of a hole in my hood. I have seen a 15ish degree drop in CHT and oil temp so far. That was from two runs at WHP East with and without.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Team Steeda will be at Homestead this weekend double SCCA SARRC event.
Plus, HPDE.
Will be running our S550 Street car and number #20 racer
Everyone is welcome to join us.
Steeda tech
pic size.jpg

Sponsored

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
Do you know how the test is done for sound check. Is the sound check done in a garage? Is the sound meter certain feet away from the car? Do I rev the car to a certain RPM and hold? I want to try and test my car's DB's with my iphone as a gauge before I try to register for AMP. I may come down.

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
Do you know how the test is done for sound check. Is the sound check done in a garage? Is the sound meter certain feet away from the car? Do I rev the car to a certain RPM and hold? I want to try and test my car's DB's with my iphone as a gauge before I try to register for AMP. I may come down.
The monitor is 50 ft off the left hand side of the track when run normal config. They line everyone without a sound sticker on their car up and you do a "full throttle" pull down the straight past the station. There is another station 50 ft off the track on the left on a different straight to catch the people who lifted to pass. you'll see people with turn downs pointing right or turn downs and mufflers pointing right to pass sound check.

They say to downloading a db meter app on your phone and stand 50ft away and rev it up to get an idea of what your car will do. A stock mustang passes easily.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
If memory serves me correct, before the day starts, they have us all go around the track one at a time and there is a sound check mic 50 feet off the track. You are measured as you go by. It is on a straight away so you are wide open. That same mic is running the whole day and is always measuring.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The Saleen exhaust is not too loud or I'm just used to it now. I will try a wide open throttle standing still and also a flyby in an open area with no buildings tonight as a test. Thanks guys.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
A thought.....if for whatever reason my car doesn't pass, can I switch over to my son's Ford Focus?
Sponsored