Mattrix

The Engine Destroyer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Mustang
I'm doing the LAPS event at Road America next week. First time there in the Mustang (been doing PCA events there since 1997).
I'm still working on the tuning of the car after a big turbo install. Once everything is ironed out and solid then I'll look to take an out of state trip to a new track. I've been waiting for power to be added to go to a big course like that. I'll be sure to post in here when I do decide to get out there.

Have a great event and have fun!

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
I'm still working on the tuning of the car after a big turbo install. Once everything is ironed out and solid then I'll look to take an out of state trip to a new track. I've been waiting for power to be added to go to a big course like that. I'll be sure to post in here when I do decide to get out there.

Have a great event and have fun!
Power doesn't hurt for sure. But it's humbling when you see a 20 yr old spec Miata run a 2:40 with about 130 hp.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Arizona Motorsports Park on cinco de mayo! Looking like 100deg. weather.
Was a a blast out at AMP today. A lot of people seem to be avoiding the heat so each session had plenty of room to ring the car out. Loved it.

Can't wait for Indie in a few weeks!

Sponsored

AZFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401a GT/PP
What sort of CHTs were you seeing? I figured with my car hitting high 240s at west track, amp in the heat would be even worse.

JohnAZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I'm considering Track Night in America (SCCA) on this Friday May 11th at Wild Horse Pass (east track). Anyone planning on going to this? I've never driven with this club, curious how it is.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I'm considering Track Night in America (SCCA) on this Friday May 11th at Wild Horse Pass (east track). Anyone planning on going to this? I've never driven with this club, curious how it is.
It is going to be pretty hot out there at that time! I have not run with their track night program but the last one was not too populated so there was lots of open track from what I heard.

johnson.ba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Track Pack
I ran their last TNiA at WHP east. There was maybe 30 cars total and besides some track noobs screwing up the first novice session it was a good time. It was a wonderful 75 degrees with a slight breeze and my car being stock with pads and fluid had no problem running hard for the full 20m sessions.

They gave out some swag and lots of stickers(if that's your thing). I also only used up 5/8 of a tank for the whole afternoon. There was a photographer taking pics of all the cars in the paddock and on a couple corners that they shared with us for free. I will go to their events again, just not this weekend.

Sponsored

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Was a a blast out at AMP today. A lot of people seem to be avoiding the heat so each session had plenty of room to ring the car out. Loved it.

Can't wait for Indie in a few weeks!
Did you get any lap times by chance? I am going there next weekend and was trying to get a ballpark as I have never driven my own car out there.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
Did you get any lap times by chance? I am going there next weekend and was trying to get a ballpark as I have never driven my own car out there.

I actually just started using Harry's Laptimer. My best that day was a 1:52:89 on RS4s. Averaged 1:53s and 1:54s throughout the day... it was blazing hot so I was short shifting around 6-6.5k.

AlbertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
What sort of CHTs were you seeing? I figured with my car hitting high 240s at west track, amp in the heat would be even worse.

Sorry just saw this... I don't normally monitor CHTs on track, but rather keep on eye on oil temp. I purposely shift early around 6-6.5k as I've noticed it keeps oil temps well below yellow on the dummy gauge. If I shift at 7k or higher I've noticed that temps start climbing quite rapidly. A bit of a sacrifice to run in hotter temps, but well worth it in my opinion for more track time.

I am actually installing the trackspec center hood vent this weekend in preparation for Indie at the end of the month. I plan to wring the car all the way out to 7k to see how the oil temp holds up.

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
The events are so cheap. I should’ve signed up even if it’s for a few sessions before the heat gets us. I’m getting the itch to go again. I probably won’t wait until after summer.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The events are so cheap. I should’ve signed up even if it’s for a few sessions before the heat gets us. I’m getting the itch to go again. I probably won’t wait until after summer.
NASA will be out at AMP next weekend, 19-20th. I just hope I'll pass sound.
Sponsored