Sponsored

When will ford.com support "Build a 2024 Mustang"?

Onewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I'm just curious what people's expectation are for Ford to include a "Build" for the 2024 Mustang on their website? It seems like historically Ford is WAY BEHIND on the Mustang "build" support.
Sponsored

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
LOL. Since they didn't even manage to get one up on the MY23 before the order cutoff date, I doubt you will see anything earlier than Spring at best!

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Build and Price didnā€™t flip to 2022 until March of this year, order banks opened in November of 2021 I believe. So maybe by calendar year 2024 šŸ˜‚

Bullittproof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium Fastback - Race Red !
I was foolishly watching the Ford site every day thinking that it was the 'official indication' that the order bank was open, fortunately members on this site explained the Ford site's shortcomings which led me to my dealer to order one at the end of September.
Thanks, guys.

Sponsored

TentacleKitty

Tentacle Kitty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Premium, 2014 Toyota Tacoma
With what I have learned, seen and experienced in the past year with Ford's internet tech capabilities (vehicle build, email/order notices, order/vehicle tracking), I don't get the feeling of a lot of confidence. Emails from Ford are hit and miss, sometimes order tracking works, and sometimes it doesn't. Many Ford customers have been feeling this and expressing frustration about these problems, and not just here on the Mustang forum. Go look at F150 and Bronco forums, if not further. Same problems and frustrations there.

We live in an age where other companies have and demonstrate more competent abilities to keep their customers informed of their orders, shipping and status. Why is it I can order 20 things on Amazon and get immediate email order confirmations, better order status and tracking of all items, but Ford cannot reliably do the same for a single $50K vehicle I have on order from them? I believe it is because Ford has chosen not to prioritize, invest and work harder to make their systems and processes better. If other companies have done it, Ford could do it too.

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't up until fall of 2023. A coworker of mine still hasn't gotten his 2022 Super Duty he ordered October 2021, he was recently notified that he can no longer get a 2022 it will have to be a 2023 and it'll be $4000 more.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
5 five months into them hitting dealer lots. later.

SlaughterOfTheSoul

Actual Engineer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang gt pp1
I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't up until fall of 2023. A coworker of mine still hasn't gotten his 2022 Super Duty he ordered October 2021, he was recently notified that he can no longer get a 2022 it will have to be a 2023 and it'll be $4000 more.
lmao I assume he only put a deposit down?

arigr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 eco pp mustang
With what I have learned, seen and experienced in the past year with Ford's internet tech capabilities (vehicle build, email/order notices, order/vehicle tracking), I don't get the feeling of a lot of confidence. Emails from Ford are hit and miss, sometimes order tracking works, and sometimes it doesn't. Many Ford customers have been feeling this and expressing frustration about these problems, and not just here on the Mustang forum. Go look at F150 and Bronco forums, if not further. Same problems and frustrations there.

We live in an age where other companies have and demonstrate more competent abilities to keep their customers informed of their orders, shipping and status. Why is it I can order 20 things on Amazon and get immediate email order confirmations, better order status and tracking of all items, but Ford cannot reliably do the same for a single $50K vehicle I have on order from them? I believe it is because Ford has chosen not to prioritize, invest and work harder to make their systems and processes better. If other companies have done it, Ford could do it too.
*ford's website is near the bottom (4th from) of industry...in between buick and hyundai... lol *says jd power

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford seems to run no less than 3 different CMS/Order systems and naturally none of them talk to each other, nor can keep data in-sync. It's pathetic beyond words.

Then I rewind my day and realize Dell/EMC/VMware have the SAME (worse?) degree of sheer unadulterated disfunction just in hardware support and repair.

As they say "you had ONE job!" The people may be well-meaning who are on the front-lines but the IT is run by friggin' useless eaters.