OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I'm just tooling with the idea of bronze...
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Pressure cast center which is strong but not as light as fully forged. Good option. Like the adage you get what you pay for.
Yep. My mistake on the center disks. These are top quality wheels. Figure roughly $4000 just for the wheels only.
I wonder what the off set is on the R, or the NON R....my concern with these rims, would be the wheels are in-set to much on the GT350 (the fenders look wider on the GT350 from the fender air vents behind the front tires...I heard they are 1/2 inch wider than the stock GT Mustang....:shrug:
The offsets on these are completely customizable by 1mm increments which makes it nice to get your own custom offset based on how aggressive you want to me.
Where do you see fully forged? All their centers I can find are pressure cast?
Yeah, my mistake. A very top quality wheel that is pushing into the American muscle car segment. Lots of these wheels on Porsche, Lamborghini, etc.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
I like the look of the Forgelines wheels, but $1500-$1600 a wheel is pricey. Do they have vendors that sell them cheaper? No weights are listed as well.

Good flow formed wheels can be had for less than half these prices.

Big reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX50S
Nice choice on Work wheels I had set of Works on an STI I bought new back in 2003. They have been big in the import community for years. Nice to see them step out and expand their brand.

Drum, I recommend True Forged wheels as well. I had a few sets on 03 Cobras and a CTS-V. Fully forged, any color or finish you can imagine and reasonably priced for a 2 or 3 piece wheel. Steve is the owners name. He is a sponsor on a few forums I am on.

I've used CCW wheels in the past as well. They have a new line of modular wheels I really like.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I know we've talked about wheels before, but since I changed my R color to Race Red, I've been thinking about a nice bronze will to do driving around with. Anyone have any recs on some good aftermarket wheels?

I know, for the Shadow Black cars coming, that bronze wheel would look sick!
From the tone of your post, the aftermarket wheels will be for the street. I would tone down the light weight and quality from what everyone else is saying and buy something a little more reasonable. Not like you will be driving 10 10ths on the street, especially in cornering.

I'm not so sure whether bronze will look that great, though. You might want to try photoshop to get an idea of what they will look like before buying. All the black accents, red car and Boom! bronze wheels.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I like the look of the Forgelines wheels, but $1500-$1600 a wheel is pricey. Do they have vendors that sell them cheaper? No weights are listed as well.

Good flow formed wheels can be had for less than half these prices.
+1...as much as I like the Forgeline and HREs...very hard to justify a $6000 set of rims..when there is only a 7k difference between the R and track pack options. Really shows the value of the R package, just wish they could be had at MSRP.

The car is still way to much for me to handle stock, so I would be looking at rotary forged options as well if I decide to ditch the stockers.

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
I have Rennen Forged 3 piece wheels on the wife's / family car that are priced well and manufactured here in the U.S.

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
I'm lost on why someone would want to change the wheels on their R. It's one of the main reasons to get one. Otherwise just get a regular GT350 with the Track pack and change away!

The only thing I could see making sense is adding a second set of wheels for daily driving.

Belobog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Viper, 2012 Boss 302
The R is basically a wheel, tire, and aero package. Makes no sense to immediately change the wheels.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The R is basically a wheel, tire, and aero package. Makes no sense to immediately change the wheels.
Guys, does it make sense to buy a brand new Lamborghini and change the wheels?... it must, as some people do it. If a person has the money and they wanna do it, why not?

Maybe some people wanna take the CF wheels off for routine driving and only use the CFs for show or whatever...

Why come to a thread and just post "it doesn't make sense... just get a track pack... yada yada horsechit." If you have nothing good to contribute wy not just click elsewhere's. :cheers:

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
The ford guys said they made all the wheels black for that exact reason. Pretty much any street pad brembo has is going to dust like crazy, and these are some of the biggest you can buy.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack