Sponsored

Wheels...

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I like the look of the Forgelines wheels, but $1500-$1600 a wheel is pricey. Do they have vendors that sell them cheaper? No weights are listed as well.

Good flow formed wheels can be had for less than half these prices.
You'd have to find an authorized dealer and see what they say. The only reason why I'm considering a set is because I have an opportunity to get sponsored.
Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
From Forbes, at http://www.forbes.com/sites/billvis...th-2016-shelby-gt350r-mustangs-exotic-wheels/.

"A Ford source told us when we first viewed the carbon-fiber wheels in May, however, that nothing (being brittle) could be further from reality: the exotic wheels easily pass the company’s most demanding durability requirements, including being rammed straight into a curb at a rather sickening speed. The source said that carbon fiber’s characteristics in fact impart the new wheels with the ability to retain pressure after damage even better than today’s common aluminum wheels."

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Guys, does it make sense to buy a brand new Lamborghini and change the wheels?... it must, as some people do it. If a person has the money and they wanna do it, why not?

Maybe some people wanna take the CF wheels off for routine driving and only use the CFs for show or whatever...

Why come to a thread and just post "it doesn't make sense... just get a track pack... yada yada horsechit." If you have nothing good to contribute wy not just click elsewhere's. :cheers:
Just because people do something does mean it makes sense. Last time I checked a Lambo doesn't have CF wheels that are a critical part of what makes it better than another offering of the same car.

Plus most Lambo owners that change wheels tend to pick something gaudy. Not the best group to use as an example.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Guys, does it make sense to buy a brand new Lamborghini and change the wheels?... it must, as some people do it. If a person has the money and they wanna do it, why not?

Maybe some people wanna take the CF wheels off for routine driving and only use the CFs for show or whatever...

Why come to a thread and just post "it doesn't make sense... just get a track pack... yada yada horsechit." If you have nothing good to contribute wy not just click elsewhere's. :cheers:
To be fair some of the older Lambo wheels before the Huracan, Aventador and Gallardo, yes. Those chunks of metal with circle patterns in them were terrible looking.

But no I agree with you the CF wheels are there for a purpose on this car. Otherwise just buy a regular GT and do a rear seat delete and change the spoiler.
Sponsored