Sponsored

Wheel/Tire ?

bjblackout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Thinking about going to a drag pack or at least the look of a drag pack without ever going to the track. I love the look of everyone doing the VMS wheel packages with the for lack of a better term skinnies on the front of their car with the wide look on the rear. I have no desire to go to the track or drag strip to race as this is my daily driver but again love the look. My dilemma is this car is my daily driver and while I realize ride quality will diminish somewhat with this change will it indeed be ok for a daily driver to sport this look. I drive this car all year unless it snows and i could keep my stocks for winter I guess but wanted to get peoples opinions that have made this change.

Is your ride quality awful with the skinnies up front and do you trust them at highway speeds as this is what I drive 90% of the time.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
No way I'd trust them. Not in the rain, not in a corner, not if I had to actually stop suddenly.

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
I ran 15x3.5" skinnies on my WS6. Normal driving wasn't much different, curves at speed were a different thing. It got pretty sketchy at times.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I used to run on a drag pack on my previous mustang. The skinnies up front really impact your braking ability. I had to panic stop once and the tires locked up instantly. Was terrible. I never ran the skinnies on the street after that.
Sponsored