Sponsored

Wheel spacers and Magneride compatibility.

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
I was looking for 12-15mm wheel spacers and the Eibach site warns that theirs are
not compatible with Magneride. What's up with that? I watched Goose17's vid on
changing to longer rear wheel bolts & really don't want to go that route.
Anyone know of a good centric 12-20mm spacer that fits a 500?
Sponsored

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
The front hub/bearings on Magneride cars are completely different than non-MR cars. They bolt on to the knuckle instead of having a spindle/nut arrangement. The studs are longer for the MR cars up front.

A way around this would be to trim your studs if you want to use bolt-on spacers.

OR

Use a 20mm rear and 25mm front and do nothing to the studs

OR

Use some version of a slip-on spacer. I use OPMustang.com spacers on Ford Performance rear hub assembly with the ARP studs. Up front I just used a pair of the GT350R hub assemblies since those studs are extra long for the CF wheels. You will need open-ended lug nuts or trim the studs if you plan on staying with the same size spacers.

OP
OP

Melmark93

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mel
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Kona/White stripes, 93 MarkVIII Vortech, 94 Mark VIII, 13 MKS Ecoboost
I am working only on the rear to put on some 19" wheels for MT ET Streets SS drag radials.
On Goose's vid, you have to pull the rear hubs to get the factory (base) studs out. šŸ˜–
May have to go the trimmed stud route. Maybe 20mm spacers have enough room so that
won't be necessary.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I am working only on the rear to put on some 19" wheels for MT ET Streets SS drag radials.
On Goose's vid, you have to pull the rear hubs to get the factory (base) studs out. šŸ˜–
May have to go the trimmed stud route. Maybe 20mm spacers have enough room so that
won't be necessary.
Not sure how different GT500 MR hubs are but with 25mm spacer studs will still stick out - so it depends on the wheel design if it has deep enough pockets to fit it - with 20mm chances are unlikely and using bolt on spacers is a horrible idea anyway - recommendation above for slip on spacer and longer ARP studs is what I would do as well (and have done myself).

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
I have another video coming out eventually, but I added longer studs yet to the front of my CFTP with 3/4ā€ spacers. I ran this setup HARD at COTA this past weekend and it worked like a champ. I also just added 1/4ā€ spacers on the rear, but due to a winter storm, I havenā€™t driven it yet with the back spacers. Details on the studs and spacers and why I went this route will be in the video.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking for 12-15mm wheel spacers and the Eibach site warns that theirs are
not compatible with Magneride. What's up with that? I watched Goose17's vid on
changing to longer rear wheel bolts & really don't want to go that route.
Anyone know of a good centric 12-20mm spacer that fits a 500?
Iā€™m a GT guy, but I think the info I found is still relevant and itā€™s based on you mentioning 12mm spacers (and for the front only).

The (GT) MR fronts have 36mm stud protrusion (the backs have 30mm).

Iā€™ve heard that the standard 30mm studs will safely take a 6mm spacer.

If thatā€™s true, then the fronts should take a 12mm spacer.

Nice 12mm hub centric / wheel centric spacers can be found here :

https://www.opmustang.com/store/p83...ric_-_Integral_Cap_Wheel_Spacer_-_Pair.html#/

WD :like:
Sponsored