Sponsored

Wheel locks

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2021 Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Can anyone tell me what brand of wheel locks these are? Was having calipers painted and just found out it has locks on it šŸ˜¬
FC69D385-86C7-4D73-99BD-D6AB1338A363.jpeg
Sponsored

GT4EVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 K2498; 2014 M-B SLK350; 2010 Maxima SV;
They look like Gorilla brand wheel locks like I have on my car. You may have all locking wheel lugs, which is the one I have at the 3 o'clock position on my wheel.

Center Cap & Lug Nuts.jpg

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
So you recently bought the car and you do not have a key for the locks?
Unless you get lucky and find the right key, your best bet would be to get an extractor to remove those locks. It can be a PITA to remove just oneā€¦.you have twenty.
Have a new set ready to install after your caliper paint.
I would assume if they are Gorilla locks, Gorilla makes several different lock and key combinations. In other words, you need the ā€œrightā€ key for those locks.

OP
OP
Saxgod

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So you recently bought the car and you do not have a key for the locks?
Unless you get lucky and find the right key, your best bet would be to get an extractor to remove those locks. It can be a PITA to remove just oneā€¦.you have twenty.
Have a new set ready to install after your caliper paint.
I would assume if they are Gorilla locks, Gorilla makes several different lock and key combinations. In other words, you need the ā€œrightā€ key for those locks.
I think I finally identified them
As gorilla locks. Talked to someone with their company who said they might be able to help. Stinks the old owner didnā€™t leave the sticker or the key though.

I canā€™t believe I have owned the car since October and never noticed the locks till now.

šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«

OP
OP
Saxgod

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They look like Gorilla brand wheel locks like I have on my car. You may have all locking wheel lugs, which is the one I have at the 3 o'clock position on my wheel.

Center Cap & Lug Nuts.jpg
Thank you. Yup all 20 :(

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 GT350 (sold)
I think I finally identified them
As gorilla locks. Talked to someone with their company who said they might be able to help. Stinks the old owner didnā€™t leave the sticker or the key though.

I canā€™t believe I have owned the car since October and never noticed the locks till now.

šŸ˜µā€šŸ’«
If you bought from a dealership, sometimes the keys just get pitched. Scary to think if you did buy from a dealership that nobody took the wheels off to do a once over on the car. Was it a certified pre owned? If so, go back to the dealership and have them deal with it. If it was a CPO, the wheels must come off for inspection.
Of course if it was a private party, maybe reach out to them. Maybe they just forgot to include them.
Iā€˜m always puzzled by how many people donā€˜t keep the locks with the car.

OP
OP
Saxgod

Saxgod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you bought from a dealership, sometimes the keys just get pitched. Scary to think if you did buy from a dealership that nobody took the wheels off to do a once over on the car. Was it a certified pre owned? If so, go back to the dealership and have them deal with it. If it was a CPO, the wheels must come off for inspection.
Of course if it was a private party, maybe reach out to them. Maybe they just forgot to include them.
Iā€˜m always puzzled by how many people donā€˜t keep the locks with the car.
Unfortunately not CPO. Bought it 6 months ago with 4500 miles. I did contact the dealer who said i could bring it in and they would remove/replace. The only issue is that its a 2 hour drive. Hopefully Gorilla sends me a key based on the pictures i sent. (crosses fingers)

I always keep the lug keys in the glovebox and put a sticker in the owners manual. I guess this guy didnt think it was important ;) lol

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
Unfortunately not CPO. Bought it 6 months ago with 4500 miles. I did contact the dealer who said i could bring it in and they would remove/replace. The only issue is that its a 2 hour drive. Hopefully Gorilla sends me a key based on the pictures i sent. (crosses fingers)

I always keep the lug keys in the glovebox and put a sticker in the owners manual. I guess this guy didnt think it was important ;) lol
I double dog dare you to try this methodā€¦
1650589173386.jpeg

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
I double dog dare you to try this methodā€¦
1650589173386.jpeg
When I was in college working at a tire sales/service garage that is the exact way we removed locks when a customer would come in without the key. Works very well but the sockets donā€™t last more than a lug or two.

65straight6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
09 Ram 6.7l 3500 4x4, 55 Studebaker P/U, ā€˜19 GT350
When I was in college working at a tire sales/service garage that is the exact way we removed locks when a customer would come in without the key. Works very well but the sockets donā€™t last more than a lug or two.
There you have it Saxgodā€¦ no need to wait for the key, GTthree50 says so.šŸ¤£

GTthree50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Grey 2017 GT350
There you have it Saxgodā€¦ no need to wait for the key, GTthree50 says so.šŸ¤£
Haha, Iā€™m not the final word but it does work. Just have a decent supply of cheap sockets. Iā€™d be wary of letting a dealer do it unless they could show me that they have a tool for the job.
Sponsored