Sponsored

Anyone putting on wheel locks on their GT350?

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Still waiting for mine to arrive, but wondering if anyone is putting wheel locks on their GT350?

My PP GT has them and the dealer said i could take the locks off and put the on the GT350 when it comes in when i trade it in if i want. Just wanted to make sure they would work on it, same threads, etc., or if its better to leave the locks off of it.

Not really worried about them being stolen, since it will be garaged kept unless im at work with it or take it out someplace.

what do you think?
Sponsored

Xonicwave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Shelby GT350 #364
Disneyfun1...since yours will be garaged and you don't have the CF wheels I wouldn't worry about it. However, if it makes ya feel safer then to each his own. Still waiting on mine too, but I think it'll be here by NYE...fingers crossed :)

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium ETA 8/3/18
I've been wondering about this also. I would like a wheel-lock kit for my GT350. I have one on my GT.

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
It is not as important in comparison to other cars since the wheels and tires are specific to GT350s.

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is not as important in comparison to other cars since the wheels and tires are specific to GT350s.
But if other wheels can fit on a GT350, why couldn't these wheels fit on another car?

Plus, stupid criminals don't know that. They'll just take what looks expensive.

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have an extra set Im saving for it yeah

mustang_lurkers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT 350 Tech Package
The rear wheels will fit on other cars but very few cars can handle 10 inch wide front wheels. The car has different fenders and modified steering knuckles to accommodore such wide front wheels. The tires are specific to the GT350. I don't think people who have GT350s will be out to steal your tires and wheels.

Texas Gator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 magnetic w/blk stripes, tech pack
But if other wheels can fit on a GT350, why couldn't these wheels fit on another car?

Plus, stupid criminals don't know that. They'll just take what looks expensive.
This is what I thought about as well... I will likely put locks on mine also just for peace of mind.

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt 350, magnetic with white strip
not sure about locks yet. wait for car
But i am sure I want to change out the lug nuts to black to match the wheels
anyone looking to change?

Sponsored

UMDrummer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've been thinking more about this, and honestly it doesn't matter...if someone wants your wheels bad enough, they'll get them. My dad had wheel locks on his car, lives in one of the safest cities in the state, and his wheels were stolen with only 85 miles on the car...from his own driveway. The thieves froze the locks off.

Also, thieves know people usually keep their wheel lock key in the glove box, so if you have locks on....you're also asking for a broken window.

GTA Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT350
I've been thinking more about this, and honestly it doesn't matter...if someone wants your wheels bad enough, they'll get them. My dad had wheel locks on his car, lives in one of the safest cities in the state, and his wheels were stolen with only 85 miles on the car...from his own driveway. The thieves froze the locks off.

Also, thieves know people usually keep their wheel lock key in the glove box, so if you have locks on....you're also asking for a broken window.
Locks are useless. Just ask any tire shop what do they do if a customer shows up with wheel locks but no key. They will all say they have tools to bust it open easily, no problem! Crooks can do the same.

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
I hate that at work we put them on every new car. BMW's current wheel lock kit has anti tamper rings on them that have to be cut off before you can use a Easy Outs to get the lock off. We had one in the shop last night that was over torqued and it broke 4 keys!!! Had no more spares in the shop kit. So have to spend an hour carefully grinding the anti tamper ring off with a pencil grinder and do it without fucking up the wheel! I hate wheels locks! Needless to say I made sure that they were not installed on my car as they were part of the enhanced security package. Ford doesn't use anti tamper rings. So they're even more pointless to have. So still sitting in the package.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
The factory wheel locks are a big joke, any vise grips will take off in seconds.
Sponsored