Sponsored

Wheel hop

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium Plus Magnetic GT
How much is too much? Mine hopped 2 times sat night racing. I launched, it spun the I felt " hop hop". Think it broke anything? Car still drives fine but I'm leary of racing again. Was it not enough to worry about?
Sponsored

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
BMR CB005 and walk away. Diff bushings also help. If you see how much the rear end bounces around when you hop on the OE bushings, and how much they compress and things shift around..., it would make you sick. I doubt you hurt anything, but I always try to avoid it. I haven't had hop since installing the BMR kit and Steeda diff bushings. Though, my paranoia comes mostly from when I had my 2004 Cobra and the whole back end assembly was made of pre-fractured glass.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stang1971

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm an auto with 5C stall and 3:73 gears... first time it has ever hopped

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
BMR CB005 and walk away. Diff bushings also help. If you see how much the rear end bounces around when you hop on the OE bushings, and how much they compress and things shift around..., it would make you sick. I doubt you hurt anything, but I always try to avoid it. I haven't had hop since installing the BMR kit and Steeda diff bushings. Though, my paranoia comes mostly from when I had my 2004 Cobra and the whole back end assembly was made of pre-fractured glass.
This. BMR CB005 is the best bang for your buck in wheel hop removal. I like Steeda's parts, but you'll be spending a lot more money chasing that wheel hop.

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I honestly can say, I never experience noticeable hop since I lowered the car and put good tires on it. I still will end up doing the cradle lockout. I could still feel it in the burnout box after pulling away but now I have slicks so shouldn't be an issue.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
A "little" bit of hop is fine and wont hurt anything, typically.

It's the teeth jarring, body flopping, car bouncing Ermagherdddddd wheel-hop that is not good for the car or it's components.

The CB005 as mentioned is a great part to have, not only to lessen wheel hop harshness...but for an all-around better performing and feeling vehicle.

I have the CB005, and several other components on my MT82 PP GT and I will still get some hop on aggressive 1-2 shifts on the street tires, but it is controllable and so minor that I call it a "nibble". lol

OP
OP
stang1971

stang1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It wasnt anywhere close to a bad hop..... just startled me.... ive made 100 passes in this car and thats the first wheel hop ive ever had.
Sponsored