Sponsored

What's Your Car Made Of?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Something tells me if you found a 20 oz gold nugget in there you'd still whine about it. Cracks me up when someone buys a car, and only after driving it over the curb, decides to give it the magnifying glass inspection that now starts feeding the already lurking buyers remorse that was remotely present when they over purchased to begin with.

Trade it in on a Pruis,
I'm sorry if you don't find stuffed plastic bags in the fender of a $45K car a concerning discovery. If not for any other reason than moisture buildup. I would think something a bit more classy like dynamat treatment or similar may have been a better choice than a plastic foam filled bag.
Sponsored

Reactions: A7X

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
I'm sorry if you don't find stuffed plastic bags in the fender of a $45K car a concerning discovery. If not for any other reason than moisture buildup. I would think something a bit more classy like dynamat treatment or similar may have been a better choice than a plastic foam filled bag.
I'm sorry you (or the OP you are defending) didn't have the additional $40K plus to buy the new BMW M3 ( or similar over fluffed luxury sport coupe) you would likely have preferred but were unable to afford. It would have been one less whiner thread to see pop up. Further I am sorry you are so unable to note the difference between a trash bag and moldable sound deadening material. The same material is in my GT as well. It's there for sound deadening and its not a trash bag.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I'm sorry you (or the OP you are defending) didn't have the additional $40K plus to buy the new BMW M3 ( or similar over fluffed luxury sport coupe) you would likely have preferred but were unable to afford. It would have been one less whiner thread to see pop up. Further I am sorry you are so unable to note the difference between a trash bag and moldable sound deadening material. The same material is in my GT as well. It's there for sound deadening and its not a trash bag.
I think that comment speaks for itself, and I'm defending everyone here who owns one. Whether you approve or disapprove of the method of sound deadening isn't the point.
The point is, that although it is NOT a trash bag, I do not think anyone is happy when they see it simply because of the aesthetics being so closely associated to that of an actual trash bag. I'm aware that while this may be a difficult concept for those with normally low expectations to grasp, but aesthetics play a large role in people's opinion of quality. Voicing a negative opinion regarding their choice of materials allows companies like Ford gather the feedback in order to do better for all of us.
I am always amused at those who criticize threads like these and yet always seem to be there to respond to them. In all honesty, I'm not going inside my fender on a regular basis so it is rather nitpicking, but since they brought it up...........

Last edited:

rebellovw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
Ahhhmen brother. I agree with you 1000%. Whiny posts drive me batshit crazy. Especially folks that don’t know squat about sound deadening and various techniques. What is worse is when a moron here comes up with an alternative idea on how it is used. Too many armchair engineers that know better.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Looks like a fine way to dampen and insulate a good size void in the body. The older generation of car engineers would have left the void open thus gathering dirt/crud, holding moisture, and eventually rot through the fender creating that cancer you often seen just behind the front wheel/rocker panels. I guess with enough organic build up it may have accidentally provided some sound dampening. It was really bad on the older Chevys, and Mopars. Ford was just a little bit better back then.

Sponsored

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
When the auto industry switched from fine hand-crafted metal tires to mass-produced molded solid rubber tires I was ticked off... but then they got even cheaper and hollowed out the rubber and filled it with air!!!! Can you believe it!? And now this!

Never mind that today a set of these hollowed out rubber tires costs about as much as a whole car did when they had hand-crafted metal tires.

OP
OP
frank s

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
Seems as if the meaning of "whine" has evolved beyond what it meant to me. Hard to keep up in these days of wall-to-wall, nobody-knows-you're-a-dog Social Media (he whined).
RagnHeartOn.jpg

DB5991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT '03SportTrac
It is common on almost every passenger vehicle produced, Im going to point out that ford went a step beyond by putting it in the “garbage bag” for lack of better terms. Most manufacturers leave the insulation material unprotected by the plastic coating and it often deteriorates much quicker and loses its intended function.

Sponsored

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
It is common on almost every passenger vehicle produced, Im going to point out that ford went a step beyond by putting it in the “garbage bag” for lack of better terms. Most manufacturers leave the insulation material unprotected by the plastic coating and it often deteriorates much quicker and loses its intended function.
Does it provide any rigidity to the aluminum fenders, or is it just used as sound deadening?

RedEcoJet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jerryallgire.com
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Ecoboost - Pre-Production #280 Product Planning & Styling Vehicle
Vehicle Showcase
Does everyone have the black plastic cover on the bracket for the door stop, in the first picture? Mine does not, but I'd like to get some.

green97probe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Edge
Vehicle Showcase
Does everyone have the black plastic cover on the bracket for the door stop, in the first picture? Mine does not, but I'd like to get some.
I remember someone posting on this forum that they bought those covers on ebay.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
You know just maybe President trump telling the Chinese to stick it until a new TRADE DEAL is struck may be a good thing. I do not know about you. Myself I am tired of the crap they send us and the shitty clothing as well. If I can I will not knowingly buy products made in China. I went through two Warranty gear boxes in my 2011 due to inferior metal in the gears and bearings and the car was never raced. The Chinese produce inferior products period.

Disclaimer this is not a political statement JMO.
Sponsored