Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
What IS your car made of? Aluminum, paint, glass, rubber, plastic. You know. I thought I knew, but I had occasion to look at the front of the driver door opening, and it seemed to me the fender, or part of it, was/is filled with a plastic trash bag stuffed with something. Really. What's that all about?
YellowCarDoorBagFar_DSCN5537.jpg
YellowCarDoorBagClose_DSCN5540.jpg
Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Gumdrops and jelly beans!!

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Mine is made of snips and snails, and puppy dogs tails.

Joking aside, that is called "Foam-in-Place". It's an expanding spray foam that is injected into a plastic bag. This is primarily used for protecting and packaging irregularly shaped items. In this application, it's used to dampen and support the lower fender and likely to reduce road noise from the front wheels.

Last edited:

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It's all about: Cutting down noise from the super thin presumably Chinese metal they now use while providing (I think) some level of ding resistance with the added benefit of trapping moisture. I do have to say I was kind of disappointed to have seen that as well. It really shouts "crappy".

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
and if it was not there leaving an exposed gaping hole, then there would be complaints that dirt, road debris and the noise is unsettling....

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
and if it was not there leaving an exposed gaping hole, then there would be complaints that dirt, road debris and the noise is unsettling....
Wow. I wonder how the automotive world got along thus far without plastic bags and spray foam.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
It's all about: Cutting down noise from the super thin presumably Chinese metal they now use while providing (I think) some level of ding resistance with the added benefit of trapping moisture. I do have to say I was kind of disappointed to have seen that as well. It really shouts "crappy".
That metal has a name you know, it's called Chinesium.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
What IS your car made of? Aluminum, paint, glass, rubber, plastic. You know. I thought I knew, but I had occasion to look at the front of the driver door opening, and it seemed to me the fender, or part of it, was/is filled with a plastic trash bag stuffed with something. Really. What's that all about?
YellowCarDoorBagFar_DSCN5537.jpg
YellowCarDoorBagClose_DSCN5540.jpg
Something tells me if you found a 20 oz gold nugget in there you'd still whine about it. Cracks me up when someone buys a car, and only after driving it over the curb, decides to give it the magnifying glass inspection that now starts feeding the already lurking buyers remorse that was remotely present when they over purchased to begin with.

Trade it in on a Pruis,

OP
OP
frank s

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Something tells me if you found a 20 oz gold nugget in there you'd still whine about it. Cracks me up when someone buys a car, and only after driving it over the curb, decides to give it the magnifying glass inspection that now starts feeding the already lurking buyers remorse that was remotely present when they over purchased to begin with.

Trade it in on a Pruis,
Huh?

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
OP
OP
frank s

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In any case, it has to be better tha KimJongUnium.
Sponsored