Sponsored

What's your blend date if you're waiting for a steering wheel?

Duffman8887

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Based on your production date I think you should have avoided the steering wheel issue....
Yeah that’s what it seems like. Just sharing some more info for other guys and the spreadsheet. Love the color Jholly i was back and forth
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Mine also updated today.

upload_2019-3-19_17-16-38.png

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT
I'm really starting to get frustrated over here :devil::punch:

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered mine because it would be impossible to find a duplicate on any lot. Does not leave me any options, but my 2013 is probably one of less than a dozen existing and is customized to make it one of a kind. This Mustang will be just as unique when I finish. So, I have no choice but to wait, but I also have the experience to be patience (call it old age, if you must). But I sure do hope it gets here while I am young enough to enjoy it.:whew::blush:

Sponsored

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
I ordered mine because it would be impossible to find a duplicate on any lot. Does not leave me any options, but my 2013 is probably one of less than a dozen existing and is customized to make it one of a kind. This Mustang will be just as unique when I finish. So, I have no choice but to wait, but I also have the experience to be patience (call it old age, if you must). But I sure do hope it gets here while I am young enough to enjoy it.:whew::blush:
I think the same way. Anyway, there's still 4 feets of snow outside here and I couldn't enjoy it even it would appear within the next 6 weeks.

Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hi Guys, mine just updated to 'Awaiting Shipment' :) Its build date was Feb 12 and had been stuck 'In Production' since then. I especially made an account on here to post this to give the people waiting some hope

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Hi Guys, mine just updated to 'Awaiting Shipment' :) Its build date was Feb 12 and had been stuck 'In Production' since then. I especially made an account on here to post this to give the people waiting some hope
What is the blend date shown on your sticker (if you have access to it)?

Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
What is the blend date shown on your sticker (if you have access to it)?
Blend date is 01/22. Actual build date (in production) is Feb 12. Awaiting shipment date is March 19

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blend date is 01/22. Actual build date (in production) is Feb 12. Awaiting shipment date is March 19
That makes it 2 of 7 known cars built without steering wheels to apparently have them installed. That's promising. Can't see any pattern as to how they're getting selected, though, and we haven't seen any of them actually ship.

Sponsored

MMApex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP GT
That makes it 2 of 7 known cars built without steering wheels to apparently have them installed. That's promising. Can't see any pattern as to how they're getting selected, though, and we haven't seen any of them actually ship.
My blend date 1/22 car is in transit. But still sitting in New Boston, MI, just down the street from the plant at a rail yard.

Interestingly, every other car at my dealer has CONVOY on the window sticker. I get RAIL.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Your dealer is involved in making the arrangements for shipping. Simply ask your dealer when it is being shipped. At the very least, they will know for sure if it is really waiting or not.

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your dealer is involved in making the arrangements for shipping. Simply ask your dealer when it is being shipped. At the very least, they will know for sure if it is really waiting or not.
No, I don't think so. Per my dealer last week, Ford controls the entire process, and gives them the status on a daily basis. They have no input into the process.

Direct quote: "Well, we'll just have to wait and see what happens."

Why do you think the dealer arranges it? I could see, perhaps, that they approve local dropoff times from the transhipper from the rail depot, but I can't see thousands of Ford dealers trying to interact with Ford's shipment system with the railroad across multiple individual plants. That would just be a hash, as every dealer tried to get first slot and fill the transporters with his vehicles.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Was told this through FPC. I have a call into my dealer to confirm. Maybe there is a difference between using Rail and Convoy.

Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Good News! A custom order by my dealership was delivered today. Blend Date - 01/23, In production Feb 12, Awaiting Shipment Mar 17, Delivered Mar 20.
Sponsored