Sponsored

What's your blend date if you're waiting for a steering wheel?

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
In transit 3/20
Sponsored

crewdawg16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Kona Blue Focus ST3, 2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT PP1
Not sure if I'm waiting on a wheel with a blend date of 2/27 but no update since "In Production" was started on 2/28.

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Not sure if I'm waiting on a wheel with a blend date of 2/27 but no update since "In Production" was started on 2/28.
Hmmm, Zooks527 would know for sure but that date seems late enough to make me think it is not the steering wheel...

crewdawg16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm, Zooks527 would know for sure but that date seems late enough to make me think it is not the steering wheel...
Thanks, VIN is 1FA6P8CF6K5169388

FPC wasn't able to give me any further info than what the tracker shows.

Btw, am I the only person who has their entire VIN memorized?

Jps920

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Explorer Sport, 2019 GT
lol yes.

Sponsored

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Lol - no - I have the OLD ordered car’s VIN memorized but now need to relearn the replacement’s. Will do that AFTER (if??) the old one shows up cuz I am still watching it...sit....

jholly36

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

That was also the issue I was having with the tracker and FPC etc ... no info at all. So maybe certain dealers or types or states/cities are getting the shaft/random replacement of the missing wheels deal - your lower sticker date worries me 2/20 might be at the tail end of the steering wheel neverland. It is a hot mess of a situation for “us” for sure.

crewdawg16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That was also the issue I was having with the tracker and FPC etc ... no info at all. So maybe certain dealers or types or states/cities are getting the shaft/random replacement of the missing wheels deal - your lower sticker date worries me 2/20 might be at the tail end of the steering wheel neverland. It is a hot mess of a situation for “us” for sure.
Yeah, I saw your post about your car in the other thread, the lack of information is the most unnerving thing. I've been waiting 6 months already so I am pretty committed to the car at this point.

RTB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Joined to post some updates. Ordered 01/03/2019, Blend date 02/22/2019, "In Production" 02/22/2019. EDD 03/20/2019 which was yesterday haha. My Vin tracker is still stuck on the "in production", however, FPC told me last update was "Awaiting Shipment" 03/06/2019.

Tiger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

Your's was built without a steering wheel and is now among those waiting for a wheel

Sponsored
OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
Ford's official statement on the matter was that all cars manufactured as of 2/25 had steering wheels and were being made correctly. You may be pulled aside for a QC correction matter (i.e. a squeak or the like found during rolling testing). There are a number of reasons for a car to be held. Just today I saw a post on another forum from someone whose Taurus SHO was pulled aside and had 70 miles put on it by Ford for on-road testing.

Then again, on my more cynical days I'm not always certain that public statements made by major corporations concerning potentially embarrassing situations are always completely truthful, so a missing wheel may certainly be a possibility.

crewdawg16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford's official statement on the matter was that all cars manufactured as of 2/25 had steering wheels and were being made correctly. You may be pulled aside for a QC correction matter (i.e. a squeak or the like found during rolling testing). There are a number of reasons for a car to be held. Just today I saw a post on another forum from someone whose Taurus SHO was pulled aside and had 70 miles put on it by Ford for on-road testing.

Then again, on my more cynical days I'm not always certain that public statements made by major corporations concerning potentially embarrassing situations are always completely truthful, so a missing wheel may certainly be a possibility.
Thanks Zooks, normally I would complain about my luck with such things but it seems like I have plenty of company in this case.

Chs51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I ordered mine because it would be impossible to find a duplicate on any lot. Does not leave me any options, but my 2013 is probably one of less than a dozen existing and is customized to make it one of a kind. This Mustang will be just as unique when I finish. So, I have no choice but to wait, but I also have the experience to be patience (call it old age, if you must). But I sure do hope it gets here while I am young enough to enjoy it.:whew::blush:
I feel your pain Steve! I’ve been waiting since My Jan 1/23 blend date to see some movement but alas, none. I’ve also bought and paid for options sitting at the dealership and therefore cannot cancel my order. The dealership is sympathetic and is trying to find out from their rep what’s going on but hearing crickets on that end as well. Once shipped and delivered, it will probably be another 30 days for my mods and then need it shipped across country to me. I hope I get it before my 68th B-day in June!

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
IN TRANSIT ! :rockon:

Chs51

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
So, not that it will do any good but will at least give us something to do, anyone interested in looking at blend dates versus when things actually happen? If so, post your blend date, in production date, and any dates on shipping issues below. I'll aggregate the posts into a table here, starting with some I found in other threads.
View attachment 350634
Sponsored