Sponsored

What's Up With This?

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
They are both already sharing the new A10 transmission.
They've been co-developing and sharing transmissions for at least two decades. This is nothing new.

JR
Sponsored

Elvis66

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT ..2014 Camaro ..72 Chevelle ..67 LeMans..97 4runner..2001 tundra
The Ford-GM merger won’t be officially announced for another few months with our source indicating that the announcement could come as soon as June 2019. As such, our source has chosen to remain anonymous out of fear of consequences but has assured us that every bit of what we’ve been told is indeed true. The merger all began back when Ford started collaborating with GM for the 10-speed automatic transmission that’s now found in both the Ford Mustang and Chevy Camaro, a “partnership” that dates back to 2013. Apparently, this partnership became a love affair that has been kept secret all this time but will ultimately result in the two companies becoming one. Since the two companies understand the drama that will be created among dedicated fans of both brands, they have agreed to ease into things, if you will. As such, the merger will start with electric versions of the Ford F-Series and the Chevy Silverado. As the year goes on, GM will copy Ford’s move to remove most cars from its lineup, with the exception of the Chevy Camaro and Chevy Corvette. By 2019, both Chevy and Ford will only offer sports coupes, trucks, and SUVs.

not-sure-how-to-proc-1_400x266w.jpg

Will it be a Ford Corvette or a Chevy GT?
not-sure-how-to-proc-3_400x266w.jpg

While I’m sure this is already a huge blow to your psyche, regardless of which brand you claim loyalty to, things actually get even crazier. With the 2020 Chevy C8 Corvette experiencing so many problems, Ford has been helping the brand solve all of its issues. As it turns out, all of the complicated problems aren’t of GM’s engineering, but the fact that the mid-engined C8 Corvette will actually be powered by the same mill that powers the new Ford GT. So, the 2020 Chevy Corvette won’t feature that twin-turbo V-8 with 800 horsepower after all. Instead, it’ll feature Ford’s new 3.5-liter, EcoBoost, V-6, and it will be tuned to deliver 775 horsepower, a mild bump over the current supercharged, 6.2-liter, LT5, V-8 found under the hood of the current Corvette ZR1. Now, if this wasn’t enough to make you stroke out, the next-gen Ford GT will actually feature a similar setup as Ford is planning to use a lot of Chevy’s engineering to help save time in the creation of the new GT, which we’ve now been told will actually make its debut in 2021, just five years after the current GT hit the market and one year after the new mid-engined Vette will make its debut. Since both cars will no longer compete with each other directly, both the Ford GT and C8 Corvette will feature the same exact performance figures. To make this transition easy, both models will feature battery-hybrid technology with the electric motors tuned specifically to even out the performance of both models.

The Long-Term Effects of the Ford-GM Merger
It’s going to be a busy couple of years, but by 2022, the two brands will effectively become one. As we’ve been told, the two companies want to soften the blow among their respective enthusiasts, so the two companies will take things slow for now. As a new generation of each model rolls out, the two companies will collaborate on each and every one. Our source has indicated that the two companies have projected that this merger will help strengthen their hold on the automotive market and will, eventually, lead to growth for both brands. One of the only things left to figure out is what the two companies will do with their existing logos. Once the merger is complete, we could start seeing “FGM” badges everywhere, or the Ford and Chevy badges could live on, even though they will ultimately be built by the same company – a move similar to what VAG does with its conglomerate of companies. Finally, we have to let you know that this entire article has been complete bullshit. April Fools!

Sponsored

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
why are you using bing search though?
Because I despise google. Too big, too left for me. Google rigs their search engine to bring up the results they want you to see first. Old news

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
According to my housekeeper's hairdresser's boyfriend, he heard, second hand in the locker room at Gold's Gym, that the head pro at the local country club has a step son that details cars at the Isuzu dealer and knows for a fact that this is probably not true. :rockon::giggle:

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
Because I despise google. Too big, too left for me. Google rigs their search engine to bring up the results they want you to see first. Old news
Any you think bing is any less lefty? Use DuckDuckGo if you want a search engine that doesnt track you or artifically 'seed' search results :p

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
That’s why you ditch f’n google and bing and use DuckDuckGo... privacy as it should be and you can adjust more in advance settings.

OP
OP

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'll check out duckduckgo...thanks

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
That’s why you ditch f’n google and bing and use DuckDuckGo... privacy as it should be and you can adjust more in advance settings.
Being tracked by a search engine should be the least of your worries. All of your information is already floating around on the internet anyway. Do you honestly think using DuckDuckGo will help your privacy?

If so, stop using the internet right now. Go read a book or be Amish or something.
Sponsored