Sponsored

What's up with people changing lug studs?

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Yes, this is correct if you buy the spacers and studs separately. I don't see why anyone would do that but to each their own.
Because bolt on spacers create 2x failure points, multiplied by the use of chinese fiinest alloy. This topic has been beaten to death, just use the search please. Great to hear that you have 15 years of racing, though your questions don't add up to that to be honest.
Screen-Shot-2022-04-09-at-11.24.33-am.png
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Can I reach out to you on Instagram for direct messaging? @nickel_reed

Sorry to be a PITA, but I really got a few questions. Lol
Absolutely. Always here to help…and question lol

OP
OP
Nickel

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Because bolt on spacers create 2x failure points, multiplied by the use of chinese fiinest alloy. This topic has been beaten to death, just use the search please. Great to hear that you have 15 years of racing, though your questions don't add up to that to be honest.
Running 25mm hub centrics did fine on my GTPP. And sorry, but I have 15 years of pictures, videos and trophies as well.

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Running 25mm hub centrics did fine on my GTPP. And sorry, but I have 15 years of pictures, videos and trophies as well.
You keep calling them hub centric, though both slip-on and bolt-on spacers can be hub centric. One require extended studs and are a common standard for track use, other are just asking for a disaster. Please google it, it's a 101 level stuff :facepalm:

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Its not even the dubious quality control of no-name aluminum bolt on spacers (and the studs and nuts that come with them)…

… Its the hub to stud to spacer to nut to stud to wheel to lug nut clown car arrangement of the whole thing.

but I get it, its cheap, and cheap things are always the best things, especially for important stuff like holding your wheels to the car. In fact, the more important a job is, really the less money you should spend on it.

You know, saving a couple hundred bucks on good quality wheel studs is pretty great, but you can save /even more/ money if you cancel your car insurance. That nonsense is a waste. I’ve yet to have even a fender bender since like 15 years ago. I’m starting to think car accidents are fake news.

Also, bike helmets are for loosers, I think we can all agree on that.

Sponsored

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
I'm trying to store the HP wheels on the Sport Cups and replace them with the SVE MHP1 wheels in probably a 19x10 square. I can't see the reason for needing to replace your studs, run a spacer or use different lug nuts. They're the same spec as Ford wheels.
I have two staggered HP wheel sets and Apex forged square setups in 18x11 and 19x11 with a 25mm spacer. The ARP studs allow me to run anything. I can rotate my square setups unlike the staggered sets. Being able to rotate tires for track use is huge.

Palacios289

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clemente
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Why would you need extended studs if you're running hub centric spacers? The hub centrics basically give you a new hub to bolt the wheel to.
You’re confusing a bolt on spacer by calling it hubcentric. Both Bolton and slip on spacers can be hubcentric.

i don’t think many of us would ever use a bolt on spacer. I also am using a Hubcentric slip on spacer with extended lugs.
Sponsored