Sponsored

What's the funniest/oddest/ignorant comment someone said about your 350?

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I'm getting quotes for PPF and Ceramic and have had several installers call it "Bad Ass" I contemplated taking the stripes off, (mainly for maintenance/upkeep reasons) but every one said, no, leave them on, it's a Shelby.
In regards to whether it's a "Mustang" or not, I'm actually in the camp that says YES, it is a Mustang. I'm proud of the heritage, the logo (running pony) everything about it. In fact I wish there was a running pony logo somewhere on the vehicle, but I know that would elicit harsh criticism in some circles.
My custom license plate is MESTENO.... still waiting for someone to ask me about that...
I grew up in the 70's and 80's where all my buddies had older model Pontiac GTO's, Mustangs, Camaro's etc. I admired every one of those cars even though they were different brands and styles.....I don't understand the hating on other brands and looking down on any car. I was at a car meet recently with a young kid who had a Honda Civic all decked out with Vinyl.. i went out of my way to compliment him on the wrap job as it was done really well.
I also don't understand de-badging or blacking out badges, primarily if they are trying to disguise the car in some way. It is what it is, you picked it out, be proud of it.
Sponsored

EvilMerlin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
201 GT350 - Lead Foot Grey with Black stripes.
By some kid in a Honduh with cambered wheels with rubber band tires on them and a trunk fin taller than the car itself "Its just a Mustang. My car is twin turbo and has a titanium exhaust, I'd smoke you".

Uh huh. It was a 1998 Honda Prelude...

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
Neighbor - Nice camaro
Me - Thanks, it's the new Shelby ZL1

Johnnydarkgt350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R, 91f150,Lexus GX460 , 1965 Mercury comet cyclone 4speed
Vehicle Showcase
It’s that perfect day after four days of paint correction compound polish and hand waxing I’m so happy to have it out and take it to its gas station or it’s Fill up with octane booster! I notice a beater 07 Prius with a young man filling up on the other side. He nods and says what will I do ? ( i’m at a gas station it could be he means gas mileage? TopSpeed? 0 to 60?) I choose TopSpeed he says good . He keeps Smalltalk and finally says at the end of his small talk but he really doesn’t like the styling of the new mustangs. Then says “ this isn’t my car is my girlfriends” . Everyone here needs to realize that this is just north Idaho.

Sponsored

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
Went for a ride yesterday. When I got back I was in my driveway cleaning the car before putting it back in the garage. My neighbor stopped by in his Prius to check out the car. (I have three neighbors with a Prius) He started a conversation about the car:
Neighbor: Every time you go by my house I can hear you go by, this thing is loud.
Me: Ya, that’s one of the things I love about it!
Neighbor: My Prius is nice a quiet.
Me: To each his own, what ever turns you on.
Neighbor: What kind of car is this?
Me: It’s a Shelby Mustang.
Neighbor: Shelby? That’s a funny name for a car!
Me: Named after the 60s Mustang designer, Carroll Shelby.
Neighbor: This car was designed by a woman?

I kid you not! This conversation went on for awhile longer. This guy is truly NOT
A CAR GUY! Car clueless is an understatement! He has different priorities and
Interests in life then I do. Doesn’t make him a bad guy but we are definitely two
opposites! We got into exhaust sound, horsepower, acceleration, wax, rain and cost
and so on! There wasn’t one thing we could agree on. He tired me out by the time he left!

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Neighbor: What kind of car is this?
Me: It’s a Shelby Mustang.
Neighbor: Shelby? That’s a funny name for a car!
I find it odd that people would not know what a mustang is they must be the same people who never heard of star wars. Like the car or not watch the movie or not all personal taste but to never have heard of it? I mean the car is like a American Icon. That almost like saying what do you want from McDonalds and the answer being what is a McDonalds.

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
It's nice when you get a compliment. And thankfully there are enough motorheads left in the world to do so.

But in today's world, most anytime someone you do not know has something to say to you it is usually some virtue signaling, passive aggressive, victimization excuse as to why they have more rights than you do and your choices do not matter, so just comply. I swear the days of 'Hi my name is X and it is nice to meet you' are fossils of humanity. Today, some clod comes up to you and just starts barking 'I am a single mom, school teacher, with adopted children, who have ADD and I do not have to follow HOA rules nor traffic signs.' My immediate thought would be - you just gave me all the reasons why you are a PITA.

But with the Shelby I just blip the throttle and gesture I cannot hear you (and don't care). Oh, and my other car is a Hybrid.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
I find it odd that people would not know what a mustang is they must be the same people who never heard of star wars. Like the car or not watch the movie or not all personal taste but to never have heard of it? I mean the car is like a American Icon. That almost like saying what do you want from McDonalds and the answer being what is a McDonalds.
A lot to think about in your response. I have experienced a similar level of oblivion from other people in my community on a variety of topics. This oblivion has been noticeable to me in the last decade.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
These people go through life thinking everyone else is crazy/horrible - lol.

GT350HE29

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350HE, 1966 Mustang Coupe, 1966 Corvette Sting Ray, 2014 F250
First time I pulled in for a fill up a guy does a hard double take and says beautiful car. He asked his 10 - 12 YO son do you know what that is? With the same look of awe I had at that age he said yes. There is some hope for the future.
Of course I told them thanks.

Les

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lester
Vehicle(s)
19 GT350-Ruby Red, 12 Roush RS3 Kona Blue, 33 Ford
Vehicle Showcase
I find it odd that people would not know what a mustang is
He knew what a Mustang was but not a Shelby! Not knowing the name Shelby tells me he has no interest in cars at all. He just couldn’t grasp the idea of being a car enthusiast. To this Prius guy a car is transportation from point A to point B and that’s it. When I explained about the Shelby, His comments: why do you need a car that fast- you can’t use it. Why do you want to shift, isn’t an automatic easier. Why would you pay extra for it, that’s crazy a regular Mustang will get you there and they’re already to expensive. You payed that much for a car and the tires don’t have any tread, what’s wrong with you..... and on and on and on!!! I know now that it makes absolutely no sense trying to explain it to him. I really don’t care what he thinks. One press of the start button and the Shelby rocks to life and it drowns out his voice and that makes me really happy!!

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
He knew what a Mustang was but not a Shelby! Not knowing the name Shelby tells me he has no interest in cars at all. He just couldn’t grasp the idea of being a car enthusiast. To this Prius guy a car is transportation from point A to point B and that’s it. When I explained about the Shelby, His comments: why do you need a car that fast- you can’t use it. Why do you want to shift, isn’t an automatic easier. Why would you pay extra for it, that’s crazy a regular Mustang will get you there and they’re already to expensive. You payed that much for a car and the tires don’t have any tread, what’s wrong with you..... and on and on and on!!! I know now that it makes absolutely no sense trying to explain it to him. I really don’t care what he thinks. One press of the start button and the Shelby rocks to life and it drowns out his voice and that makes me really happy!!
Ah ok got ya. yeah I had a guy next door ike that once I just found ways to be always busy when he came around LOL Yes dear Ill be right there.. Sorry I gotta run wife needs me.
Sponsored