Sponsored

Whats the coolest feature you didn't know your car had?

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Just saw the slit next to the foglight that leads towards the wheel well.... mindblown!
Would you mind elaborating on this? What's the point of this slit? Keep in mind I don't have my car yet!
Sponsored

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Would you mind elaborating on this? What's the point of this slit? Keep in mind I don't have my car yet!
I think they are to help keep the brakes cool.

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
Side Aerocurtain

I think they are to help keep the brakes cool.
It is actually part of the aero work they did in the design. Channels air across the wheel well to reduce turbulence along the side of the car. There is a video somewhere that shows the development work in the wind tunnel.

The performance package has a special lower air dam with channels that cool the brakes, but it is different from the slit along side the fog lights.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
It is actually part of the aero work they did in the design. Channels air across the wheel well to reduce turbulence along the side of the car. There is a video somewhere that shows the development work in the wind tunnel.

The performance package has a special lower air dam with channels that cool the brakes, but it is different from the slit along side the fog lights.

[ame]

Mustang8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium

Got them mixed up, thanks for the correction!

Sponsored

redline727

Thread Killer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rocky
Vehicle(s)
2021 Oxford White Mustang GT
Awesome video!

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
After almost 1 year in the car I found a new one today: With AC/heat system off adjust temperature control, system comes on. Dunno how cool it is but I stumbled onto something I did not know, and I thought I knew it all. :D

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV

There was a thread a while back about some Mustangs having a foam block stuffed inside those vent slits. Some people were saying the foam blocks were part of shipping the car and should have been removed by the dealer during new car prep. See the 2 minute mark in the video in post #410 where they are putting smoke through the vents.

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
There was a thread a while back about some Mustangs having a foam block stuffed inside those vent slits. Some people were saying the foam blocks were part of shipping the car and should have been removed by the dealer during new car prep. See the 40 second mark in the video in post #410 where they are putting smoke through the vents.

You are right, there is a thread discussing this. I want to say that there was also some discussion about maybe the 20" wheels required the slot to be filled, perhaps not needed with the 20" wheels, but I don't know if anything was ever confirmed on that.

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
When you lock the doors the center console will lock . I guess know one could lean in with the window down and grab something .

Also, the sunglass holder is really cool
Is that future only on Electronic Locking package?

Sponsored

CompO5.sl0w

GTFO_0021
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP / 2015 Jeep Rubicon
I believe the locking center console is part of the Enhanced Security Package.
That's what I meant, my fault lol. That's what I was figuring.

TWilliams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Premium
It comes standard on convertibles
Ah, you are probably right. I'm not a convertible guy, so I didn't consider that there might be different specs for the convertible, but it makes perfect sense. Console can be a lot more exposed with the top down. I amend my statement to be specific to the coupe :D

Stang16

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT Premium PP
I have the Sync 3 unit and I paired my phone and tablet but I can only use one at a time. Someone mentioned that you can play music through one and make calls with the other simultaneously. It doesn't work for me so if I'm listening to music through the tablet and want to make a call I have to go to the bluetooth menu and connect to the phone first which of course cuts off the tablet. Anyone know if simultaneous bluetooth is possible?
Sponsored