Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
AAwireless works fine, we have them in use with Ford Sync3 and GM Intellilink.
Advantage over the Motorola is the not permanently attached cable.
So you can choose a cable that fits for your mounting position (double sided tape).

In my Bullitt with that cable https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07HVX2NNF/ (lenght 9")
1680418520167.png
Seems like the Motorola MA1 is better than AA Wireless:

I was an early supporter of AA but while it does work it does so with multiple bugs.. some of which are significant and one that to this date even after my repeated submission of issues to support have gotten ZERO response. The two biggest issues I've had with AA if 1.) the simplicity of a Ringtone makes it useless for calls and being able to hear a caller when they call. While there is a frustrating work around that is not well documented.. it can and has reoccurred to me. 2.) and this is equally as big and frustrating and was the cause of my acquiring a MA1 is the frequent and random reboots of the hardware w/o any identifiable cause. It never fails.. when traveling using Google Maps the AA device will suddenly reboot w/o cause. Most of the times it will reboot once and be good for a while.. other times it will reboot many times in quick sucession. I've gotten to the point that I'm just about to toss the AA product as these constant reboots in high density urban situations when Google Maps is critical is a serious issue. To this date AA support has not provided one single bit of support or acknowledgement related to the reboots and I've discovered thru MA1 posts that I am far from the only one frustrated by those unwanted REBOOTS.
Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
That post seems to be one year old.
AAwireless released some updates for the firmware since than: https://github.com/cpebit/aawireless-issues/blob/master/FIRMWARE-CHANGELOG.md

We do not have any of these issues with our 3 AAwireless modules from at least 2 different hardware generations.
I expect only one has got the newest firmware, because i did not take care.
But there was no need for updates, because there are no issues with 1.8.0 (newest is 2.1.0; Firmware updates for AAwireless come easy through a dedicated app).

Last edited:

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
I have been using the Motorola in my Volvo for a while now and have been happy with it. I had some initial problems with audio "skipping", but it turned out to be a Spotify problem that was cured with an update.

I plan to use the same adapter in my Mustang this spring.

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
If I understand this correctly, my FitcamX app will appear on the infotainment screen? Will it show videos?

OP
OP
superspartan

superspartan

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hidevolution.com
First Name
Spartan
Vehicle(s)
2023 Nissan Z
If I understand this correctly, my FitcamX app will appear on the infotainment screen? Will it show videos?
you mean when you use the AA Wireless or the Motorola MA1? That'd be awesome if you can watch videos on the screen. I had that function in my 2018 BMW M4 and I miss it.

Sponsored

Nightmonkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jens
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt
@Johnny Rockit
That's not how it works.
Not every app is mirrored on the HMI with AndroidAuto.
But you can probably change that with a jailbreak on the phone.

I would assume that the Fitcamx app is not approved or optimized for AndroidAuto.
Test it with wired AndroidAuto, these boxes just replaces the USB-cable with a wireless connection.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
@Johnny Rockit
That's not how it works.
Not every app is mirrored on the HMI with AndroidAuto.
But you can probably change that with a jailbreak on the phone.

I would assume that the Fitcamx app is not approved or optimized for AndroidAuto.
Test it with wired AndroidAuto, these boxes just replaces the USB-cable with a wireless connection.
There is an Android phone mirroring app called Screen2Auto, its a PITA to setup, and its not free. Having the touchscreen working with Sync when mirrored only works half of the time, plus you can't dim your phone or the Sync screen goes dim as well.
You can jailbreak your Sync and install an app in Sync (not phone) that allows you to watch videos/movies in Sync (while car is moving, no restriction). But you have to rip the movie to USB first, blahblah, yes, works, but its a PTIA to rip movies as well. The screen aspect ratio of ripped movies need to be taken into consideration as well because your Sync will mess with the resolution. VLC Video player lets you do that. So yes, I had Avatar 1 going once and it works. But not worth the trouble in my eyes.
And there is an app called CarStream that is compatible with Android Auto (and free). With that app you can watch Youtube videos in your car (while driving). When you log in with your Youtube credentials you can lookup your Youtube history and lets you continue from there, pretty nice.
I wished there would be a solid app that just lets you connect your damn phone to your sync and mirror it, done, nothing else. If anyone has something let me know please. There is an app for Androids that lets you mirror you phone to Windows or Mac, called Vysor. Something simple like that. I tried pretty much everything out there, nothing is solid and easy to use with Sync.

Last edited:

Johnny Rockit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT 6-speed. 2015 F-250XLT,73 Torino
you mean when you use the AA Wireless or the Motorola MA1? That'd be awesome if you can watch videos on the screen. I had that function in my 2018 BMW M4 and I miss it.
I was only rhinking about watching the rear camera on the screen. I would not be watching for entertainment purposes.
Sponsored