Sponsored

What would make you walk away?

bvdawg13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black Mustang GT
What made me walk away....the Sales manager just curbed up my front bumper on his test drive appraisal and then acts like those scrapes were there. Then low balls me on an offer saying the car needs repainted and that there is a recall out on my 335i so it adds to his timeline of selling my car. Fuck that!
Sponsored

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
What made me walk away....the Sales manager just curbed up my front bumper on his test drive appraisal and then acts like those scrapes were there. Then low balls me on an offer saying the car needs repainted and that there is a recall out on my 335i so it adds to his timeline of selling my car. Fuck that!

Duuuuuuuude!!!! :O how disappointing!!

Drive fast, pass on the right. [emoji594][emoji100]

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Now that I have a VIN? Nothing.

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
i had the absolute opposite experience. My sales guy always returned my calls and was very responsive. regardless of my questions. It paid off for him because he returned my call without me telling him what i needed, and i upgraded to the premium 50yr package. (easiest upsell of his life)

He told me after the ceremonial handing over of the keys and hand shake, he loved talking with me because he learned so much about this car and mustangs in general. he said that he will probably call me when my original order arrives and he is working on a sale, if he gets a question that he can't answer.. :)

there is serious benefit to treating people right.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Yes, it definitely depends on the dealer. My first dealership experience was awful; they really were just uncommunicative, unresponsive, and in general unconcerned with their customers.

The second order I placed has been an absolute pleasure in every way. Night and day, seriously.

Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
I can't say this often enough.... post reviews!!

too many people only take time to say anything when they are pissed. My wife and i have made it a habit to commend great service.

If you have a bad experience, Point that out. A dealership that wants to stay in business will address such issues.

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Did you order retail or stock? (meaning was it ordered specifically for you, or a dealer stock order that you will simply purchase as soon as it's delivered).
If you ordered as dealer stock, mentioning the survey might mean they back out of selling you the car, since it's not yours yet and dealerships will do EVERYTHING they can to prevent a bad score, even cancel orders.

If you ordered as a retail order, then feel free to mention the survey, but do it in a passive-aggressive manner. Not getting responses from the sales guy with your delivery date so soon means you should go over his head and talk to the sales manager, or the general manager, and let them know that the communication between the dealership and yourself is not up to your expectations and ask them if there is a place on the survey to note that (there is).

Either way, if I were you I would type out the concerns you have, date the paper, and personally take it to the dealership. Tell them if your concerns aren't addressed, you will walk away from the car.

svt93style

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Slow
I would never buy a car like that - Im not picking on you but the way I see it they got you by the ovaries.

Car comes in and now we talk financing? I don't think so - they are going to squeeze you.
This is equivalent to loving someone that you know doesn't love you back but you keep calling - they have all the power.

I might go else where if this is enough to push you to. Then redo a deal completely and get it in writing.

Just my 2 cents. Best of luck either way!

KARR_956

Magnetic Mania
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Edson
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang v6
I see that you have the car already order so you just have to wait it out, but I would make sure to be truthful on the survey.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I haven't been able to unload my current car...trade in won't get me enough out of the deal to put down on the GT. This is causing me stress!!

Sponsored

sublime5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Let me preface that I work for one of the top insurance companies in their automotive total loss dept as a claim rep.

I went to my dealership today to go over numbers since my car should exit production tomorrow. They insulted me with lower than rough trade-in value via NADA on my 13 with under 6k miles & $3,000+ worth of parts. I understand the added parts don't add much value, especially in trade. This is the 4th vehicle my family has purchased from the same dealer and salesman within the last 11 months. Any other experience they start at average NADA trade in and negotiated from there. To be honest, I would be ok with average trade in for my 13 which is what I have crunched all my numbers based off of. Maybe it was just me, but as a loyal customer, my experiences with them, and the fact I evaluate vehicles all day everyday at work, I am insulted and told him I am considering shopping around. I'm sure they will do what they can to retain my business and order, but at this point I'm not as excited as I was about my order.

I left him my copy of the current NADA values on my current car and an itemized list of parts on it. He assured me he will come to the numbers we can agree on by noon tomorrow (which also is my blend date). So we will see.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
i had the absolute opposite experience. My sales guy always returned my calls and was very responsive. regardless of my questions. It paid off for him because he returned my call without me telling him what i needed, and i upgraded to the premium 50yr package. (easiest upsell of his life)

He told me after the ceremonial handing over of the keys and hand shake, he loved talking with me because he learned so much about this car and mustangs in general. he said that he will probably call me when my original order arrives and he is working on a sale, if he gets a question that he can't answer.. :)

there is serious benefit to treating people right.

That's just fantastic. I wish my sales guy would be receptive like that. I was his first custom order customer ever. And his first 2015 Mustang customer. He learned a ton just by me asking questions during ordering and he had to learn how to put the order in also.

I'm glad it works out so well for you!! :)

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
I would never buy a car like that - Im not picking on you but the way I see it they got you by the ovaries.

Car comes in and now we talk financing? I don't think so - they are going to squeeze you.

This is equivalent to loving someone that you know doesn't love you back but you keep calling - they have all the power.

I might go else where if this is enough to push you to. Then redo a deal completely and get it in writing.

Just my 2 cents. Best of luck either way!

Lmao got me by the ovaries? I'm gonna have to use that one :).

They don't though. I have no obligation to buy the car. But I see what you are saying. Doesn't make a good excuse for bad customer service though. I'll see what happens over the next few days I suppose.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
I can't say this often enough.... post reviews!!

too many people only take time to say anything when they are pissed. My wife and i have made it a habit to commend great service.

If you have a bad experience, Point that out. A dealership that wants to stay in business will address such issues.

I agree! I've had great interaction with some of the other guys in the sales team. Just today I stopped by to check out the one they got in Saturday as stock for their lot. Guy let me poke around on the inside and start it up when I said I was just curious and already had one on order. And the sales manager is great. But my sales guy, not so much. I will write a review, and it won't be all bad.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
Did you order retail or stock? (meaning was it ordered specifically for you, or a dealer stock order that you will simply purchase as soon as it's delivered).
If you ordered as dealer stock, mentioning the survey might mean they back out of selling you the car, since it's not yours yet and dealerships will do EVERYTHING they can to prevent a bad score, even cancel orders.

If you ordered as a retail order, then feel free to mention the survey, but do it in a passive-aggressive manner. Not getting responses from the sales guy with your delivery date so soon means you should go over his head and talk to the sales manager, or the general manager, and let them know that the communication between the dealership and yourself is not up to your expectations and ask them if there is a place on the survey to note that (there is).

Either way, if I were you I would type out the concerns you have, date the paper, and personally take it to the dealership. Tell them if your concerns aren't addressed, you will walk away from the car.

Being that this is the first time I ever ordered a car, I didn't know there was a difference until maybe 2 weeks ago when I was giving my info or the forum stays on car orders. Apparently mine is a stock order, so no one until I finance and take delivery.

I will address my concerns on the survey for sure once I have the fob in hand. Can't even say key cuz it isn't one hahaha :). Funny thing is that when I ordered they never tried to have me finance that day to make it officially mine. I think they intended on using my order for stock regardless of what I wanted to do that day. *shrug*

Sponsored