OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
Let me preface that I work for one of the top insurance companies in their automotive total loss dept as a claim rep.

I went to my dealership today to go over numbers since my car should exit production tomorrow. They insulted me with lower than rough trade-in value via NADA on my 13 with under 6k miles & $3,000+ worth of parts. I understand the added parts don't add much value, especially in trade. This is the 4th vehicle my family has purchased from the same dealer and salesman within the last 11 months. Any other experience they start at average NADA trade in and negotiated from there. To be honest, I would be ok with average trade in for my 13 which is what I have crunched all my numbers based off of. Maybe it was just me, but as a loyal customer, my experiences with them, and the fact I evaluate vehicles all day everyday at work, I am insulted and told him I am considering shopping around. I'm sure they will do what they can to retain my business and order, but at this point I'm not as excited as I was about my order.

I left him my copy of the current NADA values on my current car and an itemized list of parts on it. He assured me he will come to the numbers we can agree on by noon tomorrow (which also is my blend date). So we will see.

Oh wow, Id love to hear how it turns out for you.

Drive fast, pass on the right. [emoji594][emoji100]
Sponsored

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
I see that you have the car already order so you just have to wait it out, but I would make sure to be truthful on the survey.

Thank you for your input!

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
I haven't been able to unload my current car...trade in won't get me enough out of the deal to put down on the GT. This is causing me stress!!

My car isn't really worth jack squat either. So I'm not bothering to trade it. It's going to my brother.

Sorry it's stressing you out tho! :/ save a little here and there?

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
Yes, it definitely depends on the dealer. My first dealership experience was awful; they really were just uncommunicative, unresponsive, and in general unconcerned with their customers.

The second order I placed has been an absolute pleasure in every way. Night and day, seriously.

I'm glad you're having a better experience this time around!! It sure makes the process less stressful I'm sure.

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Let me preface that I work for one of the top insurance companies in their automotive total loss dept as a claim rep.

I went to my dealership today to go over numbers since my car should exit production tomorrow. They insulted me with lower than rough trade-in value via NADA on my 13 with under 6k miles & $3,000+ worth of parts. I understand the added parts don't add much value, especially in trade. This is the 4th vehicle my family has purchased from the same dealer and salesman within the last 11 months. Any other experience they start at average NADA trade in and negotiated from there. To be honest, I would be ok with average trade in for my 13 which is what I have crunched all my numbers based off of. Maybe it was just me, but as a loyal customer, my experiences with them, and the fact I evaluate vehicles all day everyday at work, I am insulted and told him I am considering shopping around. I'm sure they will do what they can to retain my business and order, but at this point I'm not as excited as I was about my order.

I left him my copy of the current NADA values on my current car and an itemized list of parts on it. He assured me he will come to the numbers we can agree on by noon tomorrow (which also is my blend date). So we will see.
I'm surprised they'd let you trade in a car with aftermarket parts on it. I certainly wouldn't buy a used car that had been modified -- you'd think that they'd have to charge you their labor costs for taking off whatever you put on it.

sublime5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm surprised they'd let you trade in a car with aftermarket parts on it. I certainly wouldn't buy a used car that had been modified -- you'd think that they'd have to charge you their labor costs for taking off whatever you put on it.
All my cars I've traded in had a/m parts on them. :shrug:

RussTKD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Being that this is the first time I ever ordered a car, I didn't know there was a difference until maybe 2 weeks ago when I was giving my info or the forum stays on car orders. Apparently mine is a stock order, so no one until I finance and take delivery.

I will address my concerns on the survey for sure once I have the fob in hand. Can't even say key cuz it isn't one hahaha :). Funny thing is that when I ordered they never tried to have me finance that day to make it officially mine. I think they intended on using my order for stock regardless of what I wanted to do that day. *shrug*

As a former salesman, I'd suggest just chilling out and relaxing until the car arrives.

If you're that concerned with financing, get your own financing lined up now so you have some ammo when you pick your car up. That way the dealer can't bump your rate for more profit.

As far as X-Plan pricing goes, they're not gonna help you get X-Plan if they're making more than an X-Plan commission on the deal as it sits now. But about 17 seconds of searching on here will tell you what you need to do to get X-Plan pricing. And since you're ordering an EcoBoost, it's probably not going to be an issue if you show up on delivery day with a PIN. If it was an LE, then most likely you'd have issues.

Basically, calm down, join MCA and get your X-Plan PIN, and get a financing approval from your bank and wait. When the car shows up, your salesman will be your best friend again, and will be ready to bend over backwards to answer all your questions. Remember, he's got to earn a living and you're not his only customer.

Also, edit your sig with your 'drive fast' thing so you don't have to type it with every post. :)

Flak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 SVT Fusion Coupe
No no, join EAA and support general aviation and get X-Plan and the $750! Then join MCA to support MCA.

Murdered Out Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP
I would never buy a car like that - Im not picking on you but the way I see it they got you by the ovaries.

Car comes in and now we talk financing? I don't think so - they are going to squeeze you.
This is equivalent to loving someone that you know doesn't love you back but you keep calling - they have all the power.

I might go else where if this is enough to push you to. Then redo a deal completely and get it in writing.

Just my 2 cents. Best of luck either way!
I got my car at invoice plus 110$ doc fee. No xplan or anything.
I have a paper signed by salesman agreeing to price.
I am doing financing when the car comes in.
I do not feel like they have me by the balls (no overies here)

Sponsored

ponyup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic PP Ecoboost, 2013 Volvo XC60r-Design
No haggle no games..ordered retail. Friends with the second in charge at the dealership since the fifth grade...she gave dealer invoice. no padding. Car will come in with my own financing and walking out clean. Pretty cool...doing it without games.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
As a former salesman, I'd suggest just chilling out and relaxing until the car arrives.

If you're that concerned with financing, get your own financing lined up now so you have some ammo when you pick your car up. That way the dealer can't bump your rate for more profit.

As far as X-Plan pricing goes, they're not gonna help you get X-Plan if they're making more than an X-Plan commission on the deal as it sits now. But about 17 seconds of searching on here will tell you what you need to do to get X-Plan pricing. And since you're ordering an EcoBoost, it's probably not going to be an issue if you show up on delivery day with a PIN. If it was an LE, then most likely you'd have issues.

Basically, calm down, join MCA and get your X-Plan PIN, and get a financing approval from your bank and wait. When the car shows up, your salesman will be your best friend again, and will be ready to bend over backwards to answer all your questions. Remember, he's got to earn a living and you're not his only customer.

Also, edit your sig with your 'drive fast' thing so you don't have to type it with every post. :)

Thanks for your input. I appreciate it!! I ordered a premium GT not an ecoboost. I am trying to chill and just see what happens when the car gets here. It helped just being able to vent my frustration here and get responses from yall.

I have my x-plan pin already :) and my signature is set. I don't type it in every time lol.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
No haggle no games..ordered retail. Friends with the second in charge at the dealership since the fifth grade...she gave dealer invoice. no padding. Car will come in with my own financing and walking out clean. Pretty cool...doing it without games.

Awesome :)

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
I got my car at invoice plus 110$ doc fee. No xplan or anything.

I have a paper signed by salesman agreeing to price.

I am doing financing when the car comes in.

I do not feel like they have me by the balls (no overies here)

That makes me feel better actually. I don't feel like I would be screwed out of the price I was told when I ordered. I don't get the vibe they are jerks like that. Although there is time for them to change my mind on that lol. But I was starting to feel like I did something wrong by not financing when I ordered the car.

OP
OP
2015CoyoteV8

2015CoyoteV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Race Red s550 GT {50th}
No no, join EAA and support general aviation and get X-Plan and the $750! Then join MCA to support MCA.

I just earned about EAA yesterday. I've learned so much here! I am a member of MCA. :)

Sponsored