what wheel specs for flush fitment?

David Vizard

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David Vizard
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ecoboost Mustang
something to consider is what you are going to use the car for and what size tire you are going to run and if you want to be limited on what you can set the rear camber to.
Mr. Wraith sir,

By lowering the car by means of a smaller tire I will have left all the stock geometry remaining unchanged. The tire size difference lowers the car just shy of 1 inch.

I described and explained what and why it was done in several youtube video's. Links as follows:-

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
20x10 +35 all the way around. Stock suspension /ride height (non-magride). Magride cars sit slightly lower but not much.

If you want 19, go 19x10 +35 to +40, both offsets work nicely. I prefer square personally, but if you want staggered there were some good suggestions in previous posts.

Agree with Matt and others, don’t want to drop too much then you’re going to need to adjust other things. If that’s your style, go for it, just know it’s not as simple as changing shocks/struts and springs. Lots of threads on both wheel/tire fitment and suspension stuff.

IMG_2280.jpeg

IMG_2124.jpeg

IMG_2086.jpeg

IMG_0744.jpeg

Wraith_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Mr. Wraith sir,

By lowering the car by means of a smaller tire I will have left all the stock geometry remaining unchanged. The tire size difference lowers the car just shy of 1 inch.

I described and explained what and why it was done in several youtube video's. Links as follows:-

I was not referring to your post or video's I was referring to the the original post/ topic.

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
I was recently down this road myself and found that the 35 or 50mm rear offsets on some of the most common offerings are too aggressive for my taste and are poking a bit. Additional camber can be added to make them tuck but then it gives a stanced look, which I am not fond of. My suggestion is to head to a car show and find a S550 with a 19x11 or 20x11 rear and give it a good look over. My eye opener was viewing a S550 with 20x11 P51 wheels. The wheels had 50mm offset and you could drop a ruler down by the edge of the fender and it would have rested comfortably on the top of the tire.

The manufacturers that have dialed in their fit for a true flush, or in some cases tucked OEM fitment in the rear have offsets between 52mm-56mm on an 11" wide rim. Some of the brands to include in your search are TSW, Weld, Forgestar, Shelby (made under contract by Weld and Forgestar), Velgan, and Steeda Tridents.
Sponsored