Sponsored

What to add factory subwoofer to trunk.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
If that is the case no wonder they are on back order.

There are usually more lurkers than posters so there is probably a rush on Shaker Pro parts from the 2018 active exhaust owners.

I must have gotten one of the last few harneses in stock.
Sponsored

Robertp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 gt and 03 and 04 terminater
And I got the first harness lol sorry guys been busy with my father in the hospital and it not alerting me there are replies to the post, hexstails550 said not worth changing the rear coaxial speakers, sonup date is on how they sound and I’m certain hexstail said the dsp modules are identical minus sub output on the shaker units

Robert

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Manual Magnetic GT Premium w/401a, Performance Pack and Active Exhaust
And I got the first harness lol sorry guys been busy with my father in the hospital and it not alerting me there are replies to the post, hexstails550 said not worth changing the rear coaxial speakers, sonup date is on how they sound and I’m certain hexstail said the dsp modules are identical minus sub output on the shaker units

Robert
Sorry to hear about your Father, hopefully all is well.

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
I decided to tackle a large part of this project this past weekend. I've got the sub all mounted and ready to go, but have yet to receive the first or second wiring assembly so the sub is all show and no go for now. All of the bolt holes were aligned in my car's trunk, so it was an easy affair. You'll definitely want one u-nut for that top bracket bolt, I'd be super fearful of dropping a regular nut deep down into the bowels and creating a rattle, the u-nut is the way to go.

I also had to modify the rear carpet to mount the sub as the carpet that was sent with the sub by the salvage yard was for a convertible and was too short for my coupe. This was a royal pain with lots of trial and error, but the results are decent and good enough for me; it's easy to cut it with a typical razor utility knife.

I also replaced the front center channel speaker and the rear deck speakers. I haven't installed the replacement DSP yet, but the difference in sound is profound. It's much crisper and cleaner. The front center channel speaker is easy to replace; three pieces of trim and two 7mm screws and it comes right out. The rear speakers are much more difficult, mainly due to the mounting screw in the very back of each speaker, there just isn't enough room to get your hand in there to get the screw started.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible / 2018 Mustang GT
What
I decided to tackle a large part of this project this past weekend. I've got the sub all mounted and ready to go, but have yet to receive the first or second wiring assembly so the sub is all show and no go for now. All of the bolt holes were aligned in my car's trunk, so it was an easy affair. You'll definitely want one u-nut for that top bracket bolt, I'd be super fearful of dropping a regular nut deep down into the bowels and creating a rattle, the u-nut is the way to go.

I also had to modify the rear carpet to mount the sub as the carpet that was sent with the sub by the salvage yard was for a convertible and was too short for my coupe. This was a royal pain with lots of trial and error, but the results are decent and good enough for me; it's easy to cut it with a typical razor utility knife.

I also replaced the front center channel speaker and the rear deck speakers. I haven't installed the replacement DSP yet, but the difference in sound is profound. It's much crisper and cleaner. The front center channel speaker is easy to replace; three pieces of trim and two 7mm screws and it comes right out. The rear speakers are much more difficult, mainly due to the mounting screw in the very back of each speaker, there just isn't enough room to get your hand in there to get the screw started.
What center speaker did you go with?

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible / 2018 Mustang GT
I saw some photos that show that in pre 2018s, there isn't a connector in the trunk. The wire for the sub is part of a bundle that comes from the front of the car all the way to the back and is then split off and wired to the connector. So if you want the wiring harness, the salvage yard has no choice but to cut it, assuming the donor car isn't a 2018.
That makes total sense, so I didn't throw a fit over the cut cable. They also didn't send the DSP, so I got them to send that out. I specified that it had to be from a Shaker Pro donor car and sent them a link to a DSP that they had on eBay that had "CN" on the engineering number . . . they sent a different one

Nice score on the DB351. Those seem to be discontinued so I'm looking at other options.
IMG_20180905_112303.jpg

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
That makes total sense, so I didn't throw a fit over the cut cable. They also didn't send the DSP, so I got them to send that out. I specified that it had to be from a Shaker Pro donor car and sent them a link to a DSP that they had on eBay that had "CN" on the engineering number . . . they sent a different one

Nice score on the DB351. Those seem to be discontinued so I'm looking at other options.
Something similar happened to me with the DSP that I ordered off Ebay. The one pictured was a 'CP' but the one delivered was a 'BL.' To the seller's credit, once I explained to him the difference between the two, he shipped the proper DSP immediately and told me to just keep the wrong one.

It's a shame the DB351's are discontinued as it's nice drop in replacement with little to no fitment issues. Good luck on sourcing another option.

On the rear speaker front, I installed a pair of coaxial Rockford Fosgate R1675X2's using a pair of Metra 72-5602 wiring harnesses and a pair of Metra 82-5605 adapters. I had to drill new holes in the adapters, but it was all plug and play from there. They sound really nice with the factory amp/DSP.

IMG_20180901_082815 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20180901_082835 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20180901_082840 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20180901_082914 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20180901_083133 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20180901_083438 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20180901_083447 - Copy.jpg

Darkhorse18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So if you dont have a connector and want to get the inputs from the speakers is there a remote turn on for the amp in the bundle on the other 2 connectors so you don’t have to run the enable all the way from the front of the car?

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Still waiting on my backordered sub harness. ETA was second or third week in Oct. Hopefully it shows up eventually.

Sponsored

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Still waiting on my backordered sub harness. ETA was second or third week in Oct. Hopefully it shows up eventually.
Still waiting on mine as well. I was told the same ETA and I've yet to hear anything.

eddison

So if you dont have a connector and want to get the inputs from the speakers is there a remote turn on for the amp in the bundle on the other 2 connectors so you don’t have to run the enable all the way from the front of the car?
No, the remote turn on is only in that connector.

opengl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 400A 6MT
Finally got the call from my dealer, the sub harness landed. I'll probably tackle it this weekend.

Akeldama

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Finally got the call from my dealer, the sub harness landed. I'll probably tackle it this weekend.
Same here; got the call yesterday morning and picked up the harness late yesterday afternoon. It seems like it took forever.

On the bright side, I did get to check out a brand new Shelby Super Snake they just got in, it side tracked me on my way to the parts department. Then I saw the sticker price of $134,000 and quickly left to get my harness!

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
Same here; got the call yesterday morning and picked up the harness late yesterday afternoon. It seems like it took forever.

On the bright side, I did get to check out a brand new Shelby Super Snake they just got in, it side tracked me on my way to the parts department. Then I saw the sticker price of $134,000 and quickly left to get my harness!
Which dealer did you order if from?
Sponsored