Sponsored

What other Gauge for forced induction

Berry79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550
Just finished installing my ProCharger. Going to swap out my performance pack factory gauges in the center with the adapter from lethal that always for 2 auto meter gauges. Boost gauge is going in one opening. What would be beneficial in the other that is something I wouldn’t be able to see on the ngauge?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Berry79

Berry79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550
Seen those as well. Just wasn’t sure how accurate they are. I know they use some type of calculation to get the boost value. Yours seem fairly accurate? Those would definitely be a easier option

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Seen those as well. Just wasn’t sure how accurate they are. I know they use some type of calculation to get the boost value. Yours seem fairly accurate? Those would definitely be a easier option

It shows 10lbs of boost when I'm WOT. That's what my Whipple is supposed to be putting out, with the pulley I'm running. I like the gauges, they match the stock instrumentation and is plug and play. Easy peasy.

OP
OP
Berry79

Berry79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550
Perfect. Might give them a try. Thanks

Sponsored

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
So honestly IF you have to install 2 gauges I’d say get an oil pressure and a fuel pressure gauge, preferably a fuel pressure gauge with some low pressure alert light. I’ve had a boost gauge installed for quite some time and can say I never look at it at WOT and it doesn’t help the tuner because he can’t see it, so if using an nguage find a way to hook up a boost reading to the analog inputs, helps the tuner do his job and makes it easier for you to go back and see any boost issues you might have recently encountered since you can now form a trend from previous logs.

458FD865-1DEA-4DF4-B747-D5DC252265C9.jpeg

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I would do something like this. Oil pressure/fuel pressure

DE12C5B8-C919-4453-8115-DCED7752B701.jpeg

Orly6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Orly
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Just a heads up the performance pack gauges with the boost gauge didn’t work with mine with my pro charger kit. I’m not too sure why just yet but I’m still looking into it. It does work with the whipple & roush super chargers though.

OP
OP
Berry79

Berry79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550
Just a heads up the performance pack gauges with the boost gauge didn’t work with mine with my pro charger kit. I’m not too sure why just yet but I’m still looking into it. It does work with the whipple & roush super chargers though.
Damn, just ordered it last night to give it a try. I guess if it doesn’t work, I’ll have to try something different.

Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Damn, just ordered it last night to give it a try. I guess if it doesn’t work, I’ll have to try something different.

You might try reaching out to Procharger, to see if there is a workaround.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
Boost gauges are cool, but it’s not something that you need to readily monitor in my opinion, especially on a blower car. Turbo car with a wastegate and boost controller, yes. Personally I would install an ngauge and monitor basically everything on one gauge. On my Paxton 18 I always find myself monitoring IAT, knock, timing, fuel pressure and lambda. Those (again, in my opinion) are the most important things I check as fuel consistency and ambient temp can change and affect my performance and health of my motor. I’ve never looked at my gauge and been like crap! My boost is low I should shut the car off and let it cool down... where as IAT or knock tells you that you have bad fuel or are too heat soaked and it’s gonna pull timing.

OP
OP
Berry79

Berry79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550
Boost gauges are cool, but it’s not something that you need to readily monitor in my opinion, especially on a blower car. Turbo car with a wastegate and boost controller, yes. Personally I would install an ngauge and monitor basically everything on one gauge. On my Paxton 18 I always find myself monitoring IAT, knock, timing, fuel pressure and lambda. Those (again, in my opinion) are the most important things I check as fuel consistency and ambient temp can change and affect my performance and health of my motor. I’ve never looked at my gauge and been like crap! My boost is low I should shut the car off and let it cool down... where as IAT or knock tells you that you have bad fuel or are too heat soaked and it’s gonna pull timing.
That’s exactly what I have up on the ngauge as well.

GuardGT

is currently pooping
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crimson GT 10r80
That’s exactly what I have up on the ngauge as well.
Somehow I missed the ngauge part, that’s totally my bad man. Just went back and read it. I mean the ngauge reads basically anything you might need on stock sensors, which covers most things. If you have a fuel system with a regulator you could hook up a
Fuel pressure sensor to get a direct reading off the rails. I’d see that being helpful despite the redundancy

OP
OP
Berry79

Berry79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 S550
Somehow I missed the ngauge part, that’s totally my bad man. Just went back and read it. I mean the ngauge reads basically anything you might need on stock sensors, which covers most things. If you have a fuel system with a regulator you could hook up a
Fuel pressure sensor to get a direct reading off the rails. I’d see that being helpful despite the redundancy
Lol, I do the same when I read post
Sponsored