What is your daily driver?

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't surprise me one bit! - do you know if it was a manual or DCT? Mine is DCT (so the wife can drive it :like:... she can't drive stick)... which would not be my first choice... but that is why I have the R! That said, the DCT is impressive on putting the power down, no noticeable disruption in power delivery. I have thought about adding more boost but it really doesn't need more power for a daily...
It was a DCT...
Sponsored

TMully06

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2017 F80 M3, 2020 Lincoln Navigator Black Label
Awesome to hear. If circumstances were different (closer commute, not having to drive in poor winter weather, etc) I would probably look into the new G80 M3 since the F80's are being phased out. Hopefully they are similar, from what I've read it seems like BMW is keeping with the turbo I6, but also making an AWD M3, so that would be a benefit for daily driving.

Who knows though. Only thing for certain is that I do not want to get rid of my GT350, probably the best car I've ever owned.
Yeah - I bought a low mileage one used... and my commute is 6 miles round trip - so I am lucky in that sense. Now ~3 years old and only has 8,300 miles on it. Agree with you on the GT350, my intent is to keep it in the collection long term.

AWD would be nice in the snow... but with an M3... limit in snow is really ground clearance... so AWD is not going to help you much IMO. Car was excellent last winter (had several decent snows) - good set of winter tires and she is ready to go!

oldbmwfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I'm thinking about a Fiesta ST for the worst days of the upcoming winter, though. Not sure whether I will enjoy it, but at least it will have a manual transmission and be a relatively small car.
Some people think low power can't be fun. I'm not one of those people. The Fiesta ST is a total blast.

RareBreed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Challenger Hellcat Widebody M6, 2018 F-150 Raptor, 2003 Corvette, 1998 Mustang Cobra
I like to drive my most fun car the most, so when I owned the GT350 it was my daily unless the weather was terrible. I had a set of snow tires for it for when it was too cold for the Pilot Super Sports.

Now I treat the Z06 the same way. I do own a pickup, but I only use it when I need it to haul, push snow around, etc. I can't stand driving a vehicle that is big, bulky, doesn't turn/accelerate/stop quickly and that doesn't have a manual transmission. I especially can't live with driving something like that for my daily commute to work. Feels like a soul killer to me.

I'm thinking about a Fiesta ST for the worst days of the upcoming winter, though. Not sure whether I will enjoy it, but at least it will have a manual transmission and be a relatively small car.
I think a lot of our personal choices boil down to where we live and what our daily commute is like. I live in a small town and drive 15 minutes each way to work in another small town, and my drive, although two lane highway, is through cornfields and wooded hills with deer everywhere. I personally feel more comfortable driving a full size, full frame truck through that environment, which is why I have a Raptor. Raptors are anything but boring to drive. I just wish they would’ve went with a V8 in the Gen2s though.

Sponsored

OP
OP
NJ2A

NJ2A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
I think a lot of our personal choices boil down to where we live and what our daily commute is like. I live in a small town and drive 15 minutes each way to work in another small town, and my drive, although two lane highway, is through cornfields and wooded hills with deer everywhere. I personally feel more comfortable driving a full size, full frame truck through that environment, which is why I have a Raptor. Raptors are anything but boring to drive. I just wish they would’ve went with a V8 in the Gen2s though.
I agree. I wish I had that kind of drive. I wouldn't say my car is a garage queen, but I am choosy with the conditions in which I drive it in. I have driven it in the rain before, not that big of a deal, but any chance of snow or heavy storms and I leave it at home.

Hamster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT350
How did a simple question from OP turn into so much crap?

Sponsored

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo
I like to drive my most fun car the most, so when I owned the GT350 it was my daily unless the weather was terrible. I had a set of snow tires for it for when it was too cold for the Pilot Super Sports.

Now I treat the Z06 the same way. I do own a pickup, but I only use it when I need it to haul, push snow around, etc. I can't stand driving a vehicle that is big, bulky, doesn't turn/accelerate/stop quickly and that doesn't have a manual transmission. I especially can't live with driving something like that for my daily commute to work. Feels like a soul killer to me.

From what I hear the Fiesta ST's are a blast to drive, but coming from a Mustang you might want to consider a Focus RS. they are an all weather FORD GT! If you have never driven one I suggest you do.

Last edited:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I think Raptors are really cool vehicles. Just not for me. I like the idea of a big, spacious vehicle but I get bored by them easily. I agree with a V8 they would be more tempting to me.

My commute starts out similar to yours. I live in the "big city", but my first five miles is quite secluded with lots of trees and windy 2 lane roads. I saw a deer this morning during my drive. I figure I can dodge a deer more easily in a quicker vehicle. The one this morning was less than 20 feet away when I saw it though. :crazy:

s2ms

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
1966 GT350 - 6S1757, 2017 GT350 - H3303
2009 Ranger. If I'm lucky my wife lets me drive her 2017 Cayenne hybrid...

OP
OP
NJ2A

NJ2A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
How did a simple question from OP turn into so much crap?
I'm not complaining, like oldbmwfan said, we're all passionate about cars. I just enjoy learning about other people's experiences in cars other than the ones I have personally owned or driven.

OP
OP
NJ2A

NJ2A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shelby GT350
Charger Hellcat, from drag radials to snow tires and back again :)
-J
Another good choice that I thought of looking into, as a daily driver, that I'd lease. How is it in bad weather? Got any pics?
Sponsored