Sponsored

What is your carvana sell offer for your Gt?

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
2020 GT Base, no options, 6-spd, no accidents, no mods that they know of :wink:

Carvana: $34,941
Vroom: $33,000

I gotta confess: at nearly $35K I am tempted.
And the big question that comes up a lot during these times, what would you replace it with? Carvana will sell yours in the 36-38k range. A loaded low miles, premium,PP1 will run close to $50k.
Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
And the big question that comes up a lot during these times, what would you replace it with? Carvana will sell yours in the 36-38k range. A loaded low miles, premium,PP1 will run close to $50k.
Well, as it turns out, I took the Carvana offer (which ended up lower, but still more than I paid for the car new) and I bought a new BMW M4. Yes, it cost more than twice as much as the Mustang, but it's a tremendous car, and I don't regret it for a minute.

Of course... I bought that car in May of last year, out of dealer stock at a slight discount to MSRP. That's just about impossible these days.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
He posted that in March. I'm sure it would be worth more now.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Well, as it turns out, I took the Carvana offer (which ended up lower, but still more than I paid for the car new) and I bought a new BMW M4. Yes, it cost more than twice as much as the Mustang, but it's a tremendous car, and I don't regret it for a minute.

Of course... I bought that car in May of last year, out of dealer stock at a slight discount to MSRP. That's just about impossible these days.
You went the opposite way I did. I ended up selling my 2019 GT PP1 to Vroom for almost $42k then bought a $20k used BMW. I "downsized".

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
2019 401a a10 29,000 miles
Paid $36k new at dealer

Carvana $33,000
Edmunds/CarMax $32,500

Used car market is getting crazy. Man I would love to upgrade to a Mach 1. With Zach’s prices...hmm...
Exactly what I did. They gave me $37,200 for my 2017 GT Premium. Vroom was on crack. I upgraded because of that.

Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
You went the opposite way I did. I ended up selling my 2019 GT PP1 to Vroom for almost $42k then bought a $20k used BMW. I "downsized".
LOL, I love your signature:

"PPF is like the plastic slipcover on your grandma's couch."

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox

My grandma had the plastic on her couch. It had me thinking about enjoying the things you own at an early age.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Any new mustang at invoice or 4% below. How many have mustang as their only form of transportation? Basically nobody. Therefore there is no need to replace it.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
caution and full research into each jurisdiction particulars before taking on legal exposure. Instead of running a devil-may-care, "we're a new paradigm, we're an app company, this is the new economy" Silly-Con-Valley funded money grabbing operation designed to extract 'value' by taking advantage of arbitrage and let the lawyers figure it out long after the principles have skipped town with their winnings and left the "corporation" a worthless husk.

See also Uber, Lyft, Instacart, Grubhub, and dozens more unicorns.
My daughter bought 2 Mercedes from Carvana. Perfect experience. This yr I bought a 2013 Shelby GT500 with 6k miles out of Virginia. Not a flaw in it, every option available. Carvana financed it. Try getting financing from your bank on a 10 yr old supercar.

I also bought the wife a Lexus 2012 RX350 with 19k mile, one owner out of Palm Springs. The undercarriage on both cars look like they have never seen rain.
Hell Carvana even put a new set of Michelins on the Shelby.

Carvana was a few days late with the Shelby. Without asking they sent me a $500 check for my troubles. Arrived in less than a week.

I have been in the car business since 1985. A car dealer for 15 of those yrs. I can honestly say it was the best retail buying experience I have ever had.

shelby 1b.jpg

Last edited:

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

As a Pro Detailer and Ceramic Installer. I completely agree. Unless you are putting 40k miles per year commuting it's a waste of money.

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
As a Pro Detailer and Ceramic Installer. I completely agree. Unless you are putting 40k miles per year commuting it's a waste of money.
In all honesty, most of the people installing this stuff on a Mustang are not daily driving it. It's a little silly to pay so much to protect a car that is hardly driven and sits in a garage 95% of the time. I don't currently own a car worthy of PPF, but if I ever do, I will definitely consider it.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
In all honesty, most of the people installing this stuff on a Mustang are not daily driving it. It's a little silly to pay so much to protect a car that is hardly driven and sits in a garage 95% of the time. I don't currently own a car worthy of PPF, but if I ever do, I will definitely consider it.
I have more than a few customer who have PPF'ed the whole front end. It's a problem to remove if you wait too long.

Last edited:

njlime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT/CS Vert-'18 Volvo XC60-16" MKC
Stranger706 said:
2019 401a a10 29,000 miles
Paid $36k new at dealer

Carvana $33,000
Edmunds/CarMax $32,500

Used car market is getting crazy. Man I would love to upgrade to a Mach 1. With Zach’s prices...hmm...
---------------------------------
Prices are all over the place. I just sold my 2013 GT Convertible, Brembo Pkg, etc with 14k miles.

KBB offered $25,600 through a local participating dealer
Vroom only offered $18,500
CarVana offered $22,500
Dealer offered $21,800 on a trade but would adjust price at time of actual trade when my 2022 is delivered. I decided to sell it now to eliminate the risk of the used car market dropping.
CarMax gave me $27,500 & because there is a CarMax location near me, I was paid on the spot. I drove to CarMax & left with check in hand within about 40 minutes.

I experienced a similar price disparity when I bought the 2013. The dealer I had done business with for years closed (owner died). I went to another local dealer & was offered $11k on my 2005 GT Convertible I thought my car was worth $20k based on low mileage etc so went to a different dealer. I was offered $19,500 & that dealer did not even detail the car. They just took a few pics & sold it within 4 days for $23,500. They were very happy with a quick $4k profit.

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Only way to buy a BMW. New. And sell it before the warranty runs out. I have had 5 of them.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
Only way to buy a BMW. New. And sell it before the warranty runs out. I have had 5 of them.
I've owned 5 BMWs and not a single one has had a warranty, but I'm a weirdo. I enjoy wrenching on them. You just have to understand the fact that you MUST replace parts before they fail. When I bought my current M5, I replaced everything. Oil and filter, air filters, DCT fluid, differential fluid, plugs, coils, thermostat, coolant, and I'm getting ready to do brakes. I feel like I spend a lot more time under a car than I should. The undercarriage of my car is cleaner than the painted parts of most cars in the road. I'm a little OCD. I can't stand rust either.

20220107_163417.jpg
Sponsored