Sponsored

What is the Differnce Between the Various Camber Plates??

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Porsche GT3, '15 BMW M3, '17 GT350R, '05 997
I am looking to buy camber plates as my car will be 50% track/50% street. There are so many darn choices out there! Vorshlag, Steeda, Maximum Motorsports, J&M and BMR to name a few.

I have never installed camber plates before so I don't know what to look for or the right questions to ask. Can someone please explain some of the main differences between whats available?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I went with steeda because the quality seemed good and they offer the largest adjustment range available in the market.

I'm going to install them when I get back from Europe after my long weekend here.

I'll try to make it a point of giving you my install impressions then.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Here is what you will get with the Steeda Plates:

From the factory, the OE components are designed without any camber adjustment for alignment purposes. The factory strut mounts also utilize a bushing style mount resulting in excessive bending stress on your dampers, steering system bind, and may even cause pre-mature failure.

Our Steeda S550 camber plates are made right here in the USA and are great for both street and track use. Our camber plates come into play especially when lowering your vehicle. With the addition of our new adjustable strut mounts on your lowered S550 you will be able to correct excessive negative camber and increase your front steering response. If you lowered your daily driven S550 Mustang, running the correct camber will eliminate uneven tire wear.

With the addition of these camber plates you will be able to dial in precise front suspension camber for each front toe adjustments resulting in a more balanced and predictable vehicle on the street or track. You will notice improved overall handling capabilities, elimination of understeer and increase in your Mustang's turn-in response. In testing, we have seen maximum lateral acceleration increase by .11 G's post-installation of our Steeda camber plates; maximum lateral acceleration may vary depending on other variables such as tires or outside weather factors. If you're in the market for springs or anything else that requires an alignment, these camber plates are a great addition.

Key Benefits:
- Ideal for any lowered street or track Mustang
- Reduce excessive uneven tire wear which can result from lowering your car
- Most adjustment range on the market
- Adjust camber angle from -0.3 degrees to -2.8 degrees
- Highest quality, stainless steel, Teflon-lined bearings included
- Nickel-plated bearing housing
- Tig-welded
- Grade 10.9 hardware and nylock nuts included
- CNC machined to exact tolerances
- Increased front grip, turn-in response and cornering performance
- Reduced understeer
- Increase overall cornering capability by .11 G's
- No increase in NVH
- Specifically designed for the S550 chassis and front suspension system
- No permanent modifications required
- Steeda American-made quality, backed by a lifetime warranty

Happy to help with any questions you may have or if you would like me to help with forum pricing. You can email me at [email protected].

Best Regards,

TJ

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
If you have the money buy the vorshlag! They are truly the best!

OP
OP

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got it. Thanks for the responses guys. I will do a little more research and pick one!

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I have both the maximum motorsports camber plates and the vorshlag plates. NOBODY makes a better camber plate than Vorshlag.

If you're interested in a brand new, never used set of maximum motorsports plates I have a set I'll sell. But in my opinion is get the vorshlag.

Another plus with the vorshlags are you can use stock style springs and if you ever decide to go with coil overs, all you need to do is swap spring perches. No need to buy new plates.

Another plus with vorshlag is you "DO NOT" use any of the stock plastic pieces, they have the largest bearing than any other brand. http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_322_329&products_id=825
image.jpg

Last edited:

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Bottom
image.jpg

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Side.
image.jpg

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
I went with the Steeda's. I like that they use the factory thrust bearing. No worries on it lasting or where to get a replacement if it fails. I've had camber plates on other cars in the past that the thrust bearing was a bit sketchy.

Lowered on Steeda Ultralite's and camber plates I'm sitting at -2.5*. According to tire temps it's not enough on the track. I have some camber bolts going in. Plan is to get the max from the camber bolts and then add for the track with the plates. The front suspension design of the Mustang lets us do that pretty easily.

Sponsored
OP
OP

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I went with the Steeda's. I like that they use the factory thrust bearing. No worries on it lasting or where to get a replacement if it fails. I've had camber plates on other cars in the past that the thrust bearing was a bit sketchy.

Lowered on Steeda Ultralite's and camber plates I'm sitting at -2.5*. According to tire temps it's not enough on the track. I have some camber bolts going in. Plan is to get the max from the camber bolts and then add for the track with the plates. The front suspension design of the Mustang lets us do that pretty easily.
So I understand you correctly you lowered the car? How is the Magnaride affected? What did you use to lower with?? I don't see anything on Steeda's website to lower a GT350.

OP
OP

alevine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have both the maximum motorsports camber plates and the vorshlag plates. NOBODY makes a better camber plate than Vorshlag.

If you're interested in a brand new, never used set of maximum motorsports plates I have a set I'll sell. But in my opinion is get the vorshlag.

Another plus with the vorshlags are you can use stock style springs and if you ever decide to go with coil overs, all you need to do is swap spring perches. No need to buy new plates.

Another plus with vorshlag is you "DO NOT" use any of the stock plastic pieces, they have the largest bearing than any other brand. http://www.vorshlag.com/product_info.php?cPath=141_322_329&products_id=825

Yeah, these look like real quality pieces. I'll probably give those a try. Thanks for sharing!

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
So I understand you correctly you lowered the car? How is the Magnaride affected? What did you use to lower with?? I don't see anything on Steeda's website to lower a GT350.
2016 Premium GTPP

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
He doesn't have Magnaride like we do. Nobody has lowering springs for the GT350's. I have the same springs on my gt350 as you and I use the vorshlag plates without any issues at all. You won't be disappointed.

Gatorac

Chin Tack Days Event Mgr
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GTPP Triple Yellow
2016 Premium GTPP
Yup. My bad. I always click the "New Posts" button and failed to pay attention to the forum this was posted in. :headbonk: Sorry.
Sponsored