Sponsored

What is easier: To install rear seats in the R, or add Tech package to the base track

stinger556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family hauler, for now
I think it would be easier (but much more expensive) to just add rear seats to the 'R' model, and just order the 'R' model with the Electronics package.

That way you get the 'R' Recaros, rear seats, all the 'R' goodies, and the technology...

As oppose to just getting the GT350 w/ the track pack, and having the electronics installed which I dont even know if it is possible.

Sounds like the easiest way to have it all is just to get the 'R' how you want it and have the rear seats.

Sorry if I am getting a two seater for that price I am going with a lightly used Viper or used C7 Z06. I have a little guy and need to be able to attach his carseat in the rear.

thanks.

I hear rumblings that in 2017 Ford will mix it up and address the above issues better, we shall see.
Sponsored

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
Install rear seats. Ford Racing offers a package to put the seats back in a R.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Why not just get the GT350 with tech pack?

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I think it would be easier (but much more expensive) to just add rear seats to the 'R' model, and just order the 'R' model with the Electronics package.

That way you get the 'R' Recaros, rear seats, all the 'R' goodies, and the technology...

As oppose to just getting the GT350 w/ the track pack, and having the electronics installed which I dont even know if it is possible.

Sounds like the easiest way to have it all is just to get the 'R' how you want it and have the rear seats.

Sorry if I am getting a two seater for that price I am going with a lightly used Viper or used C7 Z06. I have a little guy and need to be able to attach his carseat in the rear.

thanks.

I hear rumblings that in 2017 Ford will mix it up and address the above issues better, we shall see.
If you can get your hands on an R, then add the rear seat... Should be plug n play.

Ultimately, good luck with whatever choice you get... You have a good array of choices in mind. :cheers:

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
This brings up a good question. Is it even possible to add the Sync3 system to a track pack car?

Sponsored

Sb31767

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby gt350r w electronics. DIB w White Stripes
Way easier to add seats in rear than change out those electronic adds

Reactions: 113

speedrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT500
Way easier to add seats in rear than change out those electronic adds
Yes, there is no difference in the rear seat area of the R and non-R, they just delete the seats in the R. Everything is there to install a set.

CoolTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cooltechllc.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 Ford GT - Tungsten Garage Queen
If you can manage to get an R, I'm sure there would be MANY people willing to trade you your RSD components for their rear seat components.

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be willing to bet that you could probably even find a wrecked 15/16 MY mustang and put the back seats in the R. Anyone care to elaborate if that would be a no fit situation?

bpracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FR-S, 2005 F250
This brings up a good question. Is it even possible to add the Sync3 system to a track pack car?
It will be one of the things I would like to do. I'm not sure if Ford matches radio IDs in the ECU or if they can just be plugged in. Since both radios can be put in the cars I'm hoping if the harness is not the same that it is just a pigtail needed.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'd be willing to bet that you could probably even find a wrecked 15/16 MY mustang and put the back seats in the R. Anyone care to elaborate if that would be a no fit situation?
Ford is already planning to sell a rear seat kit for the R, I'd just get that to have the matching fabric

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford is already planning to sell a rear seat kit for the R, I'd just get that to have the matching fabric
Yeah I know, but in sure there will be a couple who would rather not pay the FP premium and stop by the salvage yard and pick up a rear seat for cheap.

Hermz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
350R
Does anyone know if Ford plans on selling a rear seat delete kit/cover for the regular GT350s? I ultimately would want to go this route if/when I put a roll bar in.

ConspicuousConsumption

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MT, Explorer ST
I definitely don't understand this. If I had the coin to make such decisions, I would get an R model for one thing: racecar. I'd have my racecar and keep it pure racecar, and I'd have my daily driver kind of vehicle. To each their own, I understand. Just saying I don't get it.
Sponsored