Sponsored

What injectors came in your E-Force kit?

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
My 2015-17 stage 2 kit came with DW-78s. AED won’t tune for them or any DW injectors for that matter(for coyotes). Lund said they will but recommend changing and won’t chase injector related issues with them. Both tuners have experienced engine failures with DW-78s. AED said they could tune it with LU47s. Not sure why Edelbrock is using them, but with these top of the industry tuners not wanting to touch them why would EB be sending them out on a kit they offer a powertrain warranty with.
Sponsored

lx347cd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT and 2003 Cobra
these DW 78's must be new. My recent Stage 2 Whipple kit came with DW 72's. I would think both ID and DW are good injectors for tuning. Some tuners will tell you that certain injectors are wrong with their injector data and inconsistent. Hellion uses DW as well. I know Lund with tune with the DW 95 lbs as he did with my 03 Cobra but he prefers ID.

moffetts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Whippled 2015 GT PP
Whipple uses DW injectors in their kits, too. The kit isn’t sold with aftermarket tuner support in mind.

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
Edelbrock wont really cater to what outside tuners prefer as they offer their own tuning services with kits and supply based on that. If you are going to go with a outside tuning source its best to do a tuner kit and choose your fueling components separately. Most tuning companies are going to be a bit more in depth/aggressive with their tuning procedures over a companies tuning such as Edelbrock as they usually tune within standards for being Emissions legal.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
Lund has tuned cars with this setup for me multiple times. Never had problems.
Sponsored