Sponsored

What happens if this New GT500 can't beat my C7 Z06?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Just out of curiosity: why stoke the fire on a mustang-dedicated forum when you don't own one? (judging from your list of cars). I too own a C7Z06, but I am very excited to see the reveal of the new Gt500. I remember a top Ford (or Shelby?) Rep stating in a video that he couldn't say much about the new GT500, after he had just gone for a spin on a test track with it. He did say that he can safely say "Venom beats demons". I feel like that's saying a lot. And again, the weight is all speculation at this time. The spec-sheet that was released with this weight had a lot of red flags (spelling errors, weird word usage, etc...) so it's not 100% certain. That said, I am a little worried about the weight as well, but it's hard to imagine that Ford won't deliver after such success stories as the '13-14 Gt500 and the current Shelby GT350.

I'm not stoking any fires, just voicing my opinion.

I'm ordering a 2019 Shelby GT350.

Hopefully, by next spring, I'll be a Mustang owner, although I don't really think of a Shelby as a Mustang. :shock:

Different heritage, track car, hand-built engines, legacy, etc...

Probably the same reason I wouldn't be caught driving a Camaro SS.

I will drive a Camaro SS 1LE though, different car. :curse:
Sponsored

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not stoking any fires, just voicing my opinion.

Hopefully, by next spring, I'll be a Mustang owner, although I don't really think of a Shelby as a Mustang. :shock:

Different heritage, hand-built engines, legacy, etc...
Same chassis/body = mustang. Yes it's a Shelby, and they're great, but you're kind of full of it if you think that the Mustang doesn't have a prestigious heritage/legacy as well. And again, you don't own one. Should have read through previous posts to see that you are just a troll.

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Same chassis/body = mustang. Yes it's a Shelby, and they're great, but you're kind of full of it if you think that the Mustang doesn't have a prestigious heritage/legacy as well. And again, you don't own one. Should have read through previous posts to see that you are just a troll.

Shelby has a hand-built engine, better trans, better suspension, better legacy and has way more prestige IMHO than a Mustang.

I'm too old to be caught driving a GT Mustang, but I have no problems driving a Shelby. :blush:

So as a former Mustang, Torino owner, I am not allowed to voice my honest opinion on a car?

Got it. :shock:

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Shelby has a hand-built engine, better trans, better suspension, better legacy and has way more prestige IMHO than a Mustang.

I'm too old to be caught driving a GT Mustang, but I have no problems driving a Shelby. :blush:
Tell that to the Boss, Mach 1, Cobra, etc.... owners. And I'm too old to be dealing with trolls. Have fun driving your honda.

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Tell that to the Boss, Mach 1, Cobra, etc.... owners. And I'm too old to be dealing with trolls. Have fun driving your honda.

Shelby owns all those cars. :rockon:

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Wait, what? This is the first we've heard of this ...

You should, it's a Mustang, built on a Mustang platform, using Mustang parts ... just like an AMG is a Mercedes.

See even Ford says so:

DEARBORN, Mich., June 11, 2018 – To improve the new Ford Mustang Shelby® GT350 driver confidence and lap times, Ford Performance leveraged its Mustang road course racing programs and all-new upcoming Shelby® GT500, infusing GT350 with the very latest in track and street technology.

“Somewhere, Carroll is smiling,” said Hermann Salenbauch, global director for Ford Performance vehicle programs. “The new Shelby GT350 is our ultimate track Mustang.
it's a great car, it's a great Shelby variant ... it's a great Mustang :)

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
This guy cracks me up. Not a Mustang LOL.

Sponsored
OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350

Jay Leno says the current generation of Shelby GT350 is the BEST Mustang ever built, even better than the GT500 (1:05 mark) and again at (27:55).

He liked the engine so much he bought 2 of them (16:20), lol.

He owns a 1965 Shelby GT350 and a 2015.

Shelby rules. :like:

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
What a fucking homer

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Like I said, this is the latest Rumor Mill, not confirmed.

Did any Mustang ever weigh 4,000+lbs?
But in your own words you've stated it will weight this and it will go xxxx fast. Everyone wants to know what it's going to weight and how fast it's going to be, clearly it's not the car for you regardless. Go order a 350 and enjoy it.

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Jay Leno says the current generation of Shelby GT350 is the BEST Mustang ever built, even better than the GT500 (1:05 mark) and again at (27:55).

He liked the engine so much he bought 2 of them (16:20), lol.

He owns a 1965 Shelby GT350 and a 2015.

Shelby rules. :like:

Stay in school kid.

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
What happens when the twin turbo Camaro is faster than the GT500?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.