Sponsored

What happens if this New GT500 can't beat my C7 Z06?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusten

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dusten
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang, 2001 Ford Lightning, 1968 Ford Mustang
There is not enough money to get me to move to the Crazy west coast with your Insane politicians, Crazy People and Hollywood nut jobs.
I'll stick to the Midwest with Real Americans. :flag:

gas 2.png
I live in washington, hollywood what? The politics of my state aren't that bad, The scenery is 1000x better than the midwest, and I don't have snow to deal with.
Sponsored

1mic

Banned
2 mph so everybody sees u
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
God bless America, all 8.4 liters -Randy Pobst
Lol, at @YOLO why are people getting excited yet here you are making a thread about the GT500.

I dont know if we should take you seriously or just laugh at the stupid shit you post.
Your name is yolo too, let me guess the c7z is your daddies?

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
I wish I had an AP2 S2000 along side. But holy hell have they shot up in price.
Yes they have. And I find them overrated. The clutch engages way too high and it’s not really that fun to drive. It’s just a noisemaker with low torque. I don’t find them fun. I know I’m in the minority so I’m just going to duck for cover now.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
wait, real Americans Yolo? Please elaborate.... i'm highly interested in hearing your benchmarks.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Yes they have. And I find them overrated. The clutch engages way too high and it’s not really that fun to drive. It’s just a noisemaker with low torque. I don’t find them fun. I know I’m in the minority so I’m just going to duck for cover now.
Because they're overpriced. When they were $13,000 that made sense. Now at 18+, you're crazy.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Yes they have. And I find them overrated. The clutch engages way too high and it’s not really that fun to drive. It’s just a noisemaker with low torque. I don’t find them fun.
What the hell? Now listen here ...

I know I’m in the minority so I’m just going to duck for cover now.
OK, where'd he go?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What the hell? Now listen here ...

OK, where'd he go?

laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

Now I will admit I don't like the clutch. But the shifter...my god. Never thought I'd find myself saying how much I enjoy yanking on such a wonderful..........stick. And the AP2's have a lower vtec activation so you can play with them a little more. Good car.

Driver 8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
335i Coupe
laughing-gifs-foolish-human.gif

Now I will admit I don't like the clutch. But the shifter...my god. Never thought I'd find myself saying how much I enjoy yanking on such a wonderful..........stick. And the AP2's have a lower vtec activation so you can play with them a little more. Good car.
Hey I’m still here. Agreed...shifter sublime. Clutch not so much. Here’s where I have the real issue. I had to keep the revs up pretty high to get some juice. While that’s OK, what that briought with it was a cacauphony of grating mechanical engine noise competing with the road noise to see who could irritate me more. To me it’s not worth the price of admission. Both the Miata (especially the ‘19 with the engine upgrades) and the Fiata are superior. Both can be had at the same price of an S2k (used of course).

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
YOLO said:
What happens if this New GT500 can't beat my C7 Z06?

The same thing that would happen if it did. Ford will sell every one of them they make and the buyers will drive away happy.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Standard operating procedure for a chevy buyer. Buy a chevy. Join a Mustang forum the same day.

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Nah he's just looking for the GT500 to be something it's not, which is foolhardy. It'll be very fast on the racetrack (certainly faster than a GT350R), and very fast on the street (Hellcat beating). It's very, very, very hard to do both of those things AND retain a car that is reasonably comfortable and livable, and be able to pound around the track without overheating brakes/coolant/oil.
That probably sums it up.

There has been so much Hype the last few years about this GT500 and now that specs are being "leaked" it appears less than what we (I) expected.

I was hoping for a different body style, closer to 800HP and maybe completely New like the ME Corvette.

The rumored weight of 4,225lbs really pisses me off. Can't stand heavy cars. May as well get a Hellcat.

Now we see the body style is very similar, HP may be closer to 720 and no manual trans. These are just rumors so far so I'll hold judgment until Ford actually releases the final details.

The same rumor mill is happening with the ME Corvette in regards the Base engine, DCT, etc... all we know for now is the body style is radically different.

Seems like the Vette is the car with the biggest upgrade that is meeting expectations.

It definitely is making my decision to go with a GT350 a lot easier. I thought I may be missing out by not going with a GT500 but if the rumors are true I'm happy with the 2019 GT350.

Best Shelby to date. :rockon:

Last edited:

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
That probably sums it up.

There has been so much Hype the last few years about this GT500 and now that specs are being "leaked" it appears less than what we (I) expected.

I was hoping for a different body style, closer to 800HP and maybe completely New like the ME Corvette.

The rumored weight of 4,225lbs really pisses me off. Can't stand heavy cars. May as well get a Hellcat.

Now we see the body style is very similar, HP may be closer to 720 and no manual trans. These are just rumors so far so I'll hold judgment until Ford actually releases the final details.

The same rumor mill is happening with the ME Corvette in regards the Base engine, DCT, etc... all we know for now is the body style is radically different.

Seems like the Vette is the car with the biggest upgrade that is meeting expectations.

It definitely is making my decision to go with a GT350 a lot easier. I thought I may be missing out by not going with a GT500 but if the rumors are true I'm happy with the 2019 GT350.

Best Shelby to date. :rockon:
Minus the weight which is unconfirmed it's no where near less than expected. Some were looking for mid to high 700s but yet again there is no official number so how can it be less than expected?

If you don't like heavy cars you're clearly shopping in the wrong category. Perhaps a Civic R or Focus RS would suite you better.

OP
OP
YOLO

YOLO

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06, Lexus GS350
Minus the weight which is unconfirmed it's no where near less than expected. Some were looking for mid to high 700s but yet again there is no official number so how can it be less than expected?

If you don't like heavy cars you're clearly shopping in the wrong category. Perhaps a Civic R or Focus RS would suit you better.

Like I said, this is the latest Rumor Mill, not confirmed.

Did any Mustang ever weigh 4,000+lbs?

AmericanV8Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, 2016 Corvette C7 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Just out of curiosity: why stoke the fire on a mustang-dedicated forum when you don't own one? (judging from your list of cars). I too own a C7Z06, but I am very excited to see the reveal of the new Gt500. I remember a top Ford (or Shelby?) Rep stating in a video that he couldn't say much about the new GT500, after he had just gone for a spin on a test track with it. He did say that he can safely say "Venom beats demons". I feel like that's saying a lot. And again, the weight is all speculation at this time. The spec-sheet that was released with this weight had a lot of red flags (spelling errors, weird word usage, etc...) so it's not 100% certain. That said, I am a little worried about the weight as well, but it's hard to imagine that Ford won't deliver after such success stories as the '13-14 Gt500 and the current Shelby GT350.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.