Sponsored

What do you think will get replaced?

mustangcobra93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I ran over a semi tire that I couldn't avoid on the highway yesterday doing about 55. Hopefully the pics work but the front bumper has come loose and appears a clip is broken, the inner fender liner is ripped out, the fender is bent in two places in the wheel well and the piece under the door has broke loose. Do you think these pieces are fixable or will they just replace them? Car has 6,500 miles and I only got it 5 months ago... bummer. Hopefully it gets covered under comprehensive instead of collision.

Sponsored

Last edited:

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Ouch, best of luck

S550GTCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Corvette Grand Sport w/Z07, 2011 Golf TDI
They might try to plastic weld the tabs on the bumper to avoid replacing it if it has no paint damage. They will probably replace fender liner for sure. Hard to tell if the aluminum fender will have to be replaced. The side skirt piece looks like it can maybe be popped back in, but it's hard to tell if the clips are damaged.

bee bop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 GT Vert, 2016 GT Vert
I say the bumper and wheel well liner Definitely. The bumper has a bolt at the wheel well and the tabs are ripped off at that point. The fender as long as there is no dents on the outside, the lip can be bent back in shape easily. From what I can see on the rocker it looks like it can be just popped back in place the big question would be if there is damage to the mounting bracket that holds that section of rocker to the body.

OP
OP

mustangcobra93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I actually fixed it all myself. I've got a new fender liner coming from LMR. However, they don't sell the hardware (rivets). Any idea on part numbers for the plastic fender liner rivets? I tried to call my local Ford dealer and they weren't helpful at all. I came across a diagram on the internet but it gave three part numbers and the descriptions aren't very helpful. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored