Sponsored

What do you guys think about the new Stingray Corvette?

jjw

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.shelbyparts.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 PP2, 05 STI 475whp, 04 cayenne turbo, Shelbys
I really like the C7 so far, but I have yet to see one in person or ride in one. The C7 Z06 is sure to be another bang for the buck worldbeater. I got to drive a Z06 carbon edition several times and I loved it. My next car was going to be either a 2015 Mustang GT PP, or a used C6 Z06.
Odd cross shopping, I know. Well, I really like the new mustang, it has rear seats (big plus with my wife with us starting a family soon) and I work in a shop that exclusively restores shelbys and builds cobras...so the mustang is the winner. With the vendors, mfgs and contacts I already have in place, it makes sense to start working 6G stuff into our business as well.

I agree with titanUp on the rear end of the c7 though. I can't stand it. Radii are too tight, too angular etc. Exhaust tips jammed together bothers me too. I like the rest of the car enough that if it drives like it expect it does, I could live with it.
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
I think they ruined it IMO. This looks down right awful!
From what I have seen/heard... 8/10 or 9/10 folks love it. Even icons have to evolve. I'm glad the C7 has significantly changed.

This is my first ever Vette and it's worth every penny. I wouldn't want it any other way, especially if they stuck to another old mundane recycled iteration. It's all good though... not everyone's opinions won't accept the facts. :D :cheers:

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550

No way, the C7 looks good from every angle. Very Corvette... Initially, I saw some design cues from other cars. Eventually (within the week), I only seen Corvette. Hell, I couldn't even remember what a C6 looked like unless I Googled it. The C7 is a very addictive and charming design. Lots of detail, lines and curves to look at but no panel or angle is cluttered.

On looks alone, it is a World-class design with more form and function then any other Corvette ever made... and it's just more "Car" than most "SUPER" cars ever were for 1/3 the price.

The Corvette is truly the grand ambassador of the US of A in the sports car segment... I highly doubt that will ever change.

With the new Mustang and Corvette combined, there are a lot of hurt feelings I am sure. America now has a legitimate Sports Car and Sports Coupe. Both so good, America really only needs one in each market.

Sardeanie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500
I like the new Stingray a lot. Best sports car bang for the buck with no apologies. Perfect as it sits. That said, i tend to like to mod things and the Mustang has always been a perfect canvas.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Love the C7, and if the competition seats had been available upon release, I might have preordered and would be driving one now.

But then I heard about the new Mustang, and I'm really liking what I am seeing. I know the Mustang won't have quite the same track performance as the Vette (and I will be tracking the car), but with 2 small kids the added seats of the Mustang would mean that I could actually drive the car, while the Vette would be stuck for occasions where I wasn't carting the kids around.

In the end, I will likely wait another year to see what the hi-po Vette is like, as well as (hopefully) the hi-po Mustang. I really want a new, IRS Mustang with an updated version of the RoadRunner engine in the Boss302. Maybe a year before we hear about that?

-T

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I agree with titanUp on the rear end of the c7 though. I can't stand it. Radii are too tight, too angular etc. Exhaust tips jammed together bothers me too. I like the rest of the car enough that if it drives like it expect it does, I could live with it.
The body surfaces are perhaps a little more strongly emphasized than I'd prefer, but I wouldn't say cluttered either.

The centrally located pipes are OK with me, and the character of a Corvette is supposed to be just a touch more exotic than that of a traditional muscle car. For that matter, if I was fabbing up my own exhaust system for a front engine car with IRS that's probably pretty close to what I'd end up with (at least a couple less bends and fewer welds per pipe). Maybe only two pipes without a dual mode exhaust, but most likely four with.

Norm

shelbystang

Threads
Reaction score

:eyebulge::shocked:I agree with you. I will hang onto my reliable C-6. When I need a new car again it will be either a Mustang GT again or a Dodge Challenger.
shaker.jpg
12Challenger-02-550x368.jpg
13MustangBoss302_19.jpg
12boss_frtrt2.JPG
212.jpg
Sponsored