GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Decided to change the gearbox oil as I seem to have done everything else lately :cwl: not sure if it's placebo or the fact that the original oil would be on 67,000 miles anyway but it does feel a bit smoother in fairness.
I replaced my trans and diff oil after 20k and it felt like it needed it then.

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
Attended the Mustang Nationals at Santa Pod today, the weather did spoil proceedings somewhat but for next year they're looking at doing a Saturday too which would probably help with attendance if the weather can play ball too👍 Also booked a few campsites (yes I'm a pikey and a heathen for taking a stang camping, I know) to take it on a road trip around Somerset, Dorset and Cornwall in August, and the week before that I'll be fitting a set of Koni Active dampers to see if it has any improvement on ride over the standard dampers which are currently paired with Eibach Pro springs. Feedback on those to follow once they're fitted, they're sat at home but not had a chance to see them in the metal yet

7115AF0F-DB6B-44CE-BBF9-4BAE43315722.jpeg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Attended the Mustang Nationals at Santa Pod today, the weather did spoil proceedings somewhat but for next year they're looking at doing a Saturday too which would probably help with attendance if the weather can play ball too👍 Also booked a few campsites (yes I'm a pikey and a heathen for taking a stang camping, I know) to take it on a road trip around Somerset, Dorset and Cornwall in August, and the week before that I'll be fitting a set of Koni Active dampers to see if it has any improvement on ride over the standard dampers which are currently paired with Eibach Pro springs. Feedback on those to follow once they're fitted, they're sat at home but not had a chance to see them in the metal yet

7115AF0F-DB6B-44CE-BBF9-4BAE43315722.jpeg
I've done plenty of trips with a tent in the back of Mustang, aint nothing wrong with that

Sponsored

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
I've done plenty of trips with a tent in the back of Mustang, aint nothing wrong with that
Glad to hear it isn't just me👍 it'll be its first proper road trip during my ownership, I've had it since March last year but owing to me being away and it being plagued with ignition troubles for 6 months I haven't had anywhere near the use I'd have liked out of it. And I go away again for 6 months in September so I may as well use it, just have to hope the weather's improved😁 any tips for camping with one of these things?

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Glad to hear it isn't just me👍 it'll be its first proper road trip during my ownership, I've had it since March last year but owing to me being away and it being plagued with ignition troubles for 6 months I haven't had anywhere near the use I'd have liked out of it. And I go away again for 6 months in September so I may as well use it, just have to hope the weather's improved😁 any tips for camping with one of these things?
sounds like you're overdue a trip in it. Er tips, none really. If you know how to put up your tent and take it back down then you are sorted. Mustangs have huge boots so really not a problem getting everything in there for camping. Pack up, have fun :like:

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Well I still don’t have a functioning car but I have new pads to try, or sell……
IMG_3514.jpeg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Well I still don’t have a functioning car but I have new pads to try, or sell……
IMG_3514.jpeg
whats up with it?

Mine has started to hesitate on acceleration and i can hear the exhaust note sounding flat as i apply the throttle then the note changes and the car pulls as normal. No codes stored, see if it's different in different drive modes. Sigh

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
whats up with it?

Mine has started to hesitate on acceleration and i can hear the exhaust note sounding flat as i apply the throttle then the note changes and the car pulls as normal. No codes stored, see if it's different in different drive modes. Sigh

I was driving it pretty hard, cut out and rolled to a stop. Started after a few tries and would drive 3-400 yards and die again. Got it home and it had 24 fault codes, all but two, which show the same code weirdly enough, cleared.

PCM P166A code remains which reads as restraints communication but in reality it covers a huge amount in Fords, all modules test ok, possibly a wiring fault/short, my problem is no one really wanted to look at it (> 3 weeks now) and I can’t take it to Ford as I just don’t trust them not to throw parts at it blindly, I’ve finally found someone who will ‘take a look’ next Monday.
I’ve had all the interior plastics out and checked every plug and section of loom, even changed the fuel pump control module as I found one cheap.

Ford pin test from their workshop manual points to a short or open circuit, I’ve done as much as my tiny brain can and I’m beaten :(

Very frustrating, I’ve been looking at R8s lol

Last edited:

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I was driving it pretty hard, cut out and rolled to a stop. Started after a few tries and would drive 3-400 yards and die again. Got it home and it had 24 fault codes, all but two, which show the same code weirdly enough, cleared.

PCM P166A code remains which reads as restraints communication but in reality it covers a huge amount in Fords, all modules test ok, possibly a wiring fault/short, my problem is no one really wanted to look at it (> 3 weeks now) and I can’t take it to Ford as I just don’t trust them not to throw parts at it blindly, I’ve finally found someone who will ‘take a look’ next Monday.
I’ve had all the interior plastics out and checked every plug and section of loom, even changed the fuel pump control module as I found one cheap.

Ford pin test from their workshop manual points to a short or open circuit, I’ve done as much as my tiny brain can and I’m beaten :(

Very frustrating, I’ve been looking at R8s lol
ah yes i think i remember you posting this before, sorry to hear of your issues. Totally agree with main dealerships, fine for the basics you dont want to do yourself but anything major or fault finding, yeah it's not their forte. Hope you get it sorted and it's a quick and cheap fix / win.

R8's are nice no doubt about it. Looked at a couple adverts myself but didn't go any further

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got my new Pedders suspension installed, going to leave it overnight to settle and then adjust it tomorrow. The rear is too low, as you can see I couldn't get the jack out, the front is about right. The front driver side also has a bit of a camber issue, which will have to get sorted when the tracking is done.

Left_Side_View.jpeg
Right_Side_View.jpeg

Front_DS.jpeg

Front_PS.jpeg
Rear_DS.jpeg

Rear_PS.jpeg

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Got my new Pedders suspension installed, going to leave it overnight to settle and then adjust it tomorrow. The rear is too low, as you can see I couldn't get the jack out, the front is about right. The front driver side also has a bit of a camber issue, which will have to get sorted when the tracking is done.

Left_Side_View.jpeg
Right_Side_View.jpeg

Front_DS.jpeg

Front_PS.jpeg
Rear_DS.jpeg

Rear_PS.jpeg
Good luck with those tyres on UK roads!