Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I took the key out of the pouch, pressed unlock, got in the car. Then put the key back in the faraday pouch. Honestly, I never knew what it was, just thought it was a carrying case. I'm dumb as driftwood.
ah that explains how you got in :like: Most of the pouches are designed to taken as a carry case but not when youre wanting to use the car.There was a really cool video with a guy inside a faraday cage (a cage) and they powered up some serious charge and hit it with a bolt of lightning, guy inside was perfectly fine. Would be better if i could find the video on yootube. But aye, if you cannot turn off the keyless entry then the pouches are mandatory for keeping car safe at home.
Sponsored

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
i had mine valeted Tuesday, drove early morning into work yesterday and the sun was rising, it was a glorious time to be driving. Thought to myself, i should have plugged in the oil temperature gauge then i clocked the outside temperature, -1degC..... Aye perfect sunny clear blue skies, fugging freezing!
Also discovered my faraday pouch has lost effectiveness likely through being squashed in my jacket pocket so have had to squeeze both keys into the spare one then tested and yep car doesn't open. New pouch order though it's a pair so at least i'll have a couple of spares. Lesson here kiddies, test your security once in a while eh..
Yes I think that the protective fabric inside some (at least mine) get worn and damaged from use. I don't have any sharp things attached to my fob but one day I noticed that my Silent Pocket brand case was allowing a signal to get out. Sent the makers a video of the push button starter working with the fob inside the holder and they replaced it for me.
I do find that wrapping the spare in even one layer of alfoil is effective.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Yes I think that the protective fabric inside some (at least mine) get worn and damaged from use. I don't have any sharp things attached to my fob but one day I noticed that my Silent Pocket brand case was allowing a signal to get out. Sent the makers a video of the push button starter working with the fob inside the holder and they replaced it for me.
I do find that wrapping the spare in even one layer of alfoil is effective.
yeah i figured that squashing it into my jacket pocket would kill the pouch pretty quick but it did well to last the near four years i've had it as demonstrated by the identical twin pouch being unmarked and blocking two fobs at the same time. The replacements arrived today (quicker than expected) and i got the smaller size this time around. Single keyfob needs a bit of a push but once in and pouch sealed over, car is as dead as a dodo. Job done, i am a happy camper again (til next thing goes wrong lol).

Reactions: PKs

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I bought a Dreamscience iMap late last year, other things happening pushed it to the back of my mind and only dug it out this week.

Unfortunately there was an issue with my car not being happy with the device or the device not being happy with my car!

I contacted Mike who was fantastic, sent a custom tune to try and then got to the bottom of the problem, a random _ being read by the device, all working now, 99 Ron fuel available reasonably close to me now, so the 99 Race map is loaded and makes a nice difference, glad I did it :)

Great customer service, and tbh something I’m really not used to, so came as a bit of a surprise.

The map, new Contis and a Steeda shifter bracket have transformed it
cool.png
🥰

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Drove it! 150 mile round trip for work, hit 35k miles too

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
Finally had the PPF sorted so could get some pictures of my new(ish) Mach 1 and change my profile picture. I miss my red GT but I have definitely gone over to the dark side with this beast.

Frontright-Edit2.jpg

Front-Edit2.jpg

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Finally had the PPF sorted so could get some pictures of my new(ish) Mach 1 and change my profile picture. I miss my red GT but I have definitely gone over to the dark side with this beast.
Only just noticed in your sig that you have dark matter grey, really does look black in the photos! If I had ordered a Mach 1, pretty sure it would have been that colour and wheel combo :sunglasses: looks incredible!

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
Only just noticed in your sig that you have dark matter grey, really does look black in the photos! If I had ordered a Mach 1, pretty sure it would have been that colour and wheel combo :sunglasses: looks incredible!
Thanks. I was hoping the sun would come out for me but it didn't. It's got quite a lot of metallic in the paint.

Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I was hoping the sun would come out for me but it didn't. It's got quite a lot of metallic in the paint.
I love your car, looks amazing. There was one next to mine in the showroom when I picked my car up. I kept looking at it asking myself should I switch cars. It's a deep dark colour, and it looks so damn good. Enjoy the car.

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
I love your car, looks amazing. There was one next to mine in the showroom when I picked my car up. I kept looking at it asking myself should I switch cars. It's a deep dark colour, and it looks so damn good. Enjoy the car.
Thanks I love the colour and actually it was seeing it in a showroom that convinced me. Funnily enough I would have definitely considered blue had my other half's Type R not been blue.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
damn i thought my 100mile round trip was a lot
If you don't blast through half a tank in a day, did you really even drive it? 🤔
Sponsored