Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
What year is it ? No carbon particulate filters to deal with ?
Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These arrived today:

DA03F245-73E3-434A-9B98-38A3066579B1.jpeg

Anyone who’s read @WD pro’s Grabber Lime GT Build thread will remember these. For those who didn’t/don’t they are replacements for these industrial looking speaker bolts:

80162424-CB12-4F31-A04D-7641C13E3342.jpeg

Approx 10 mins later:

BD615835-EED6-4045-944D-CE33592C00CF.jpeg

While I was in the mood I also replaced the Mach 1 rear trim panel with the Ford Performance blank. Some don’t like these because of the two grooves but I actually prefer it to the flat blank panel which I feel is too ‘slabby’ looking.

95BD2FD4-C9E0-4878-915A-2B805B17DAF6.jpeg

I was also in half a mind about dragging the car out to give it a wash after it’s trip to Stafford yesterday but it’s -1 here atm and it would have left the car and driveway with a nice icy glaze so I didn’t. 😆

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
snip....
, my P Zeros are currently P Zerogrips!
i know how you feel, my courtesy car has Michelin PS4s on it and I was sideways everywhere last night just pulling away. I did feel like a hooligan but honestly i was breathing on the throttle pedal and still it spun up. Wonder if the hire company has a gyro in the car as well as the tracker....

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
What year is it ? No carbon particulate filters to deal with ?
It's a 2017 build on an 18 plate, so no filters. It's going to Wortec for a tune in January as it threw the engine light after about 60 miles of driving with them, and I may as well get the most out of them🙂

Sponsored

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
Nice, but don’t forget to remove that spare spanner … ! :like:

WD :like:
Spanner is removed🤣 that was one that made its way down while trying to do the top bolts up, they looked a bitch of a job to do!

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
i know how you feel, my courtesy car has Michelin PS4s on it and I was sideways everywhere last night just pulling away. I did feel like a hooligan but honestly i was breathing on the throttle pedal and still it spun up. Wonder if the hire company has a gyro in the car as well as the tracker....
They're honestly horrendous. They weren't too bad in the summer, but in these temperatures they're lethal! Only reason they've not been swapped is the cost of new ones and the fact the garage I bought it from had 2 new fronts fitted before I bought it, so I may as well get some use from them.

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The weather was relatively mild here today at 7deg C. so I took the opportunity to fit the oil separator which has been sitting here for the last week and also a boot mat. This arrived rolled up in a box and despite me trying to flatten it with some weights ( Christmas presents came in handy ! ) the edges are still slightly raised.

EE1A0E93-5ABB-4796-B5AC-EA7BBE3737A7.jpeg

E5E86D21-4EDB-4B41-BC68-C61E91FDF63B.jpeg

At the same time I thought I’d try removing the sound tube but despite my attempts I couldn’t find it. Does the Mach 1 still come with one ??

Edit: Did a search and apparently the Mach 1 doesn’t come with a sound tube. Saves some fiddling.

Last edited:

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
How have you driven on P-Zeros for so long, mine lasted 1 winter and they went in the bin, didn't the 2018 model come with the upgraded MPS4S ?
Mine is an 18 plate but 2017 build date. Only owned the car since March this year, but as soon as they're gone it's getting MPS4S!

Sponsored

Mustangstephy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey Mach 1
Put some winter tyres on now that the weather has warmed up again...

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
These arrived today:

DA03F245-73E3-434A-9B98-38A3066579B1.jpeg

Anyone who’s read @WD pro’s Grabber Lime GT Build thread will remember these. For those who didn’t/don’t they are replacements for these industrial looking speaker bolts:

80162424-CB12-4F31-A04D-7641C13E3342.jpeg

Approx 10 mins later:

BD615835-EED6-4045-944D-CE33592C00CF.jpeg

While I was in the mood I also replaced the Mach 1 rear trim panel with the Ford Performance blank. Some don’t like these because of the two grooves but I actually prefer it to the flat blank panel which I feel is too ‘slabby’ looking.

95BD2FD4-C9E0-4878-915A-2B805B17DAF6.jpeg

I was also in half a mind about dragging the car out to give it a wash after it’s trip to Stafford yesterday but it’s -1 here atm and it would have left the car and driveway with a nice icy glaze so I didn’t. 😆
I'm switching to a carbon one, unclear if I'll have the Mach 1 logo on it. I think I might miss it, not sure.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
what was the temperature? was the road wet or dry?

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
what was the temperature? was the road wet or dry?
about zero degC, maybe as low as -5degC - was last year :wink:. Road had a smattering of frost on it as well as the usual grit and garbage mix. It was mildly amusing once I got balance of sideways and forwards motion but considering why I ended up with the courtesy car I wasn't keen on having a second hit in the space of a few days esp not having one that would have been my fault. In the streets where i stay, on sheet ice it was basically drive on idle and think 50meters ahead but that would be the same for everyone / 90percent of tyres. When it rained on the frost, i stayed inside, didn't even think about driving it though i also didn't need to so why risk it.
Better now the weather is warmer and roads clearer but aye PS4S's spin up winter time big time. At least i'm not worried about babying the clutch away from stop lights / roundabouts ha. A10, yeah it's interesting for sure, as would be any autobox for me tbf.

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
about zero degC, maybe as low as -5degC - was last year :wink:. Road had a smattering of frost on it as well as the usual grit and garbage mix. It was mildly amusing once I got balance of sideways and forwards motion but considering why I ended up with the courtesy car I wasn't keen on having a second hit in the space of a few days esp not having one that would have been my fault. In the streets where i stay, on sheet ice it was basically drive on idle and think 50meters ahead but that would be the same for everyone / 90percent of tyres. When it rained on the frost, i stayed inside, didn't even think about driving it though i also didn't need to so why risk it.
Better now the weather is warmer and roads clearer but aye PS4S's spin up winter time big time. At least i'm not worried about babying the clutch away from stop lights / roundabouts ha. A10, yeah it's interesting for sure, as would be any autobox for me tbf.
yup, that ain't summer tyre weather for sure.
Sponsored