Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
This is correct but on my renewal (Liverpool Victoria) it is stated that if I don’t use their recommended repairer then the excess increases an extra £200. Sneaky ******s
Always read the fine print of any contact before you accept it
Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I work from home a lot so the car hasn’t moved for the last 5 days. At lunchtime I took it out for a drive to get everything warmed up and lubricated. It was 2deg. C. here so I was pleasantly surprised to find warm air coming out of the ducts after only about 5 mins. A bit of a non event really except for one of my neighbours who mentioned that although it’s the first time he’s seen it, he’s heard it a few times. Tee hee ! 😏
Yes, I'm so lucky that I do not park near my house so my neighbours have no idea. That said, early this week my better half said a friend of hers saw me on the motorway...I was like I hope that I was behaving :cool:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
You do know, you get to choose the company that repairs your car?
Just saying.
indeed but as Tinpot says it's fraught with get outs and additional costs which i would then need to claim back myself. It is a never a good time but to also have my renewal due 22nd this month with a pending No Fault claim of unknown costs, it's really gonna mess up the renewal not to mention the next three years plus of renewals. That's the GTR dream / hope well and truly killed off, my insurance record plus a car worth less after a smash, yeah brilliant times. But hey, I walked away from it and car still drives (with a rubbing noise... ) though I wont be driving it with busted taillights both sides, bootlid crumpled and open, rear panel a bit squashed. Need to check underneath see if anything is rippled. Would be better if it got written off???

Last edited:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
waved it off on the flatbed recovery vehicle, eta on return unknow. Pish time of year for a repair tbh

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
@raptor17GT

I sympathize with your situation, especially now, as last week, an incompetent, imbecile, piece of shit, has reshaped my car.

The company responsible for that, has " agreed " to meet the costs, but is still going to get it's own quote...

I'll take them at their word for now.
However, if they think they're going to repair at a price from Fred's Shed.
My insurance includes legal cover.

It's not an accident.
Accidents are unforeseen & unavoidable events.
No, the context of what happened to my car, could be known & avoided.
In cases such as this, more action/sanction against the driver, should be available.

Last edited:

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
@raptor17GT

I sympathize with your situation, especially now, as last week, an incompetent, imbecile, piece of shit, has reshaped my car.

The company responsible for that, has " agreed " to meet the costs, but is still going to get it's own quote...

I'll take them at their word for now.
However, if they think they're going to repair at a price from Fred's Shed.
My insurance includes legal cover.

It's not an accident.
Accidents are unforeseen & unavoidable events.
No, the context of what happened to my car, could be known & avoided.
In cases such as this, more action/sanction should be available.
that blows for sure. I also have legal cover, i suspect i'll be using it also. I 100percent agree on more action being taken against drivers causing these shunts. Company vehicle drivers dont care as it doesn't affect their personal insurance in the slightest and their work pays for work premiums. Now we're both going to have pay extra for insurance for the next 3-5yrs because we got hit by someone else. It vexes me...

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
If it’s any consolation at all, the company I work for pass along any premium increases to the guilty parties.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I 100percent agree on more action being taken against drivers causing these shunts.
Absolutely. My car was parked in a yard awaiting work and was hit by what, I've yet to find out.
I've contacted the company to speak with the boss and begin the long and complicated process of repair. I gave my contact details and whad'ya know, no return call.

My opinion being that the damage to my car was avoidable, in such cases I think the driver responsible should face points on their license, suspension, or some other penalty which I would hope would motivate them to pay attention when they operate a vehicle.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
If it’s any consolation at all, the company I work for pass along any premium increases to the guilty parties.
good way of doing it, focuses the mind I'd wager
Absolutely. My car was parked in a yard awaiting work and was hit by what, I've yet to find out.
I've contacted the company to speak with the boss and begin the long and complicated process of repair. I gave my contact details and whad'ya know, no return call.

My opinion being that the damage to my car was avoidable, in such cases I think the driver responsible should face points on their license, suspension, or some other penalty which I would hope would motivate them to pay attention when they operate a vehicle.
in this day and age there is no excuse for poor communication. That's purely a desire not to communicate which should be er educated out of the people whether that person, their manager or further up the tree wherever the problem is coming from. I dunno how they managed to hit your car while it was waiting work, i mean surely thats just not something that should happen and if it does, be all over fixing the problem caused. Not punt it into the air and ignore it.
Anyway, it's frikking cold outside but it is a clear blue sky(explains the coldness!) and the sun is shining so it's not all bad.

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Anyway, it's frikking cold outside but it is a clear blue sky(explains the coldness!) and the sun is shining so it's not all bad.
A good point, it's another of those first world problems, that crop up for me, from time to time.
AFAIK, nobody was injured..... I wasn't present when it happened :punch:

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
A good point, it's another of those first world problems, that crop up for me, from time to time.
AFAIK, nobody was injured..... I wasn't present when it happened :punch:
but it's our problems so it's high on the list of annoying things. Wish I hadn't been present when the 19tonne Scania hit my car lol :facepalm:

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Wish I hadn't been present when the 19tonne Scania hit my car lol :facepalm:
I know what you mean. Recalling when the trailer wheels ripped past my window as this MoFo cut me off and I'm sitting there trapped in a car which is being crushed inches from me, by a " C you next Tuesday ", lorry driver. I too, wished I hadn't been there.

18-0702 Lorry collision#3.jpg

20180702_164451#2.jpg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I know what you mean. Recalling when the trailer wheels ripped past my window as this MoFo cut me off and I'm sitting there trapped in a car which is being crushed inches from me, by a " C you next Tuesday ", lorry driver. I too, wished I hadn't been there.

18-0702 Lorry collision#3.jpg

20180702_164451#2.jpg
fark! that'll have been fcking scary. Jezo, sorry for your experience of that.

On a happier and mustang related note mine has been inspected and all straight underneath just panel damage up top and it'll need jigged to straighten the rear side boot panels where it got pushed up. It is now being assessed by the Insurance company, ish 10k damage apparently so i assume they'll fix it but who knows.

I also finally received my courtesy car. A convertible A10 Mustang GT. In the coldest spell of weather for 12 yrs i have been given a soft top. Time to buy the flying jacket, goggles, flying gloves, and silk scarf :sunglasses: .

PS - and I'll actually have to RTFM about how to drive an auto 🤣 i'm ignoring the roof operation as quite frankly it aint happening

Last edited:

E=MC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge & Soon to be Mach 1
I also finally received my courtesy car. A convertible A10 Mustang GT. In the coldest spell of weather for 12 yrs i have been given a soft top. Time to buy the flying jacket, goggles, flying gloves, and silk scarf :sunglasses: .
Don't forget to take the Biggles flying hat!

RoryS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rory
Vehicle(s)
18 plate pre-FL Ruby Red GT
Had ARH catted headers fitted to mine on Tuesday by the wizards at Modurstang. Wasn't going to but the OEM passenger side cat shat its pants and was also blocking the exhaust and causing the engine to cut out/misfire at random, the least fun moment of which was doing it in the fast lane of the A34 in busy traffic... so thought I might as well go for an upgrade! Car's also got an H-pipe and active Borla S-Type axle-backs, so valves closed it isn't too bad, open it's like a Vulcan at full throttle😁 Going for a tune in January as well to get the best out of them, but hopefully this current cold weather does one soon, my P Zeros are currently P Zerogrips!
20221213_143139.jpg
20221214_115206.jpg
Sponsored