Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I see two local to me - a white one that’s OK and a silver one that’s very tidy and sounds really sweet … :like:

WD :like:
I realise it's a massive step back in creature comforts and infotainment and slower in a straight line (for the stock power ones I'm looking at) and the old worryingly prevalent tin worm but it's always been a car I wanted and before prices go entirely stupid, might be my last chance to own one.
Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
MOT passed yesterday, no issues :rockon:

Rear PS4S installed, can you believe the ones on there lasted ~14k miles (says a lot about my driving).

Front camber bolts installed, apparently the original bolts were seized and had to be heated before being removed (and wrecked). Alignment is better than it's ever been. It did feel better on the road, which is probably just the knowledge of knowing the alignment is good, but still, felt nice :sunglasses:

Now that Thames water have finally lifted their hosepipe ban, it'll get a good wash the first chance I get!

Silver Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0 mannual
Well I am not going to “like” your comment that you have been rear ended by a truck, my commiserations.

At least you can park your oil cooler experiments but the downside is you will now find out how good (or otherwise)your insurance company is.

Sponsored

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
I work from home a lot so the car hasn’t moved for the last 5 days. At lunchtime I took it out for a drive to get everything warmed up and lubricated. It was 2deg. C. here so I was pleasantly surprised to find warm air coming out of the ducts after only about 5 mins. A bit of a non event really except for one of my neighbours who mentioned that although it’s the first time he’s seen it, he’s heard it a few times. Tee hee ! 😏

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Well I am not going to “like” your comment that you have been rear ended by a truck, my commiserations.

At least you can park your oil cooler experiments but the downside is you will now find out how good (or otherwise)your insurance company is.
Cheers bud, appreciated. I was actually looking forward to contributing something towards the community re the oil cooler need or otherwise but then it happened eh.

Yeah, it's an insurance experience I'd hoped never to have but at least it was low speed hit. I don't imagine Ford have a lot of spare parts in the UK so my fear is the car is out of use for weeks / months. They might give a Ka as a replacement, shoot me now!

Insurance renewal mid month, you honestly couldn't time it better / worse. Sigh.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not that I'm in a position to complain following the last few posts here, but I had to revisit to get my PS4S fitted - the garage I was at last week simply forgot to put them on! All done now though.

@raptor17GT - hoping you get the repair work done to a good standard, on the plus side it's a good time of year for the Stang to be off the road anyway. You'll be all set by spring time.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Not that I'm in a position to complain following the last few posts here, but I had to revisit to get my PS4S fitted - the garage I was at last week simply forgot to put them on! All done now though.

@raptor17GT - hoping you get the repair work done to a good standard, on the plus side it's a good time of year for the Stang to be off the road anyway. You'll be all set by spring time.
how did the garage forget to fit the tyres? Lucky you noticed before they er went walkies from the garage.

The way some of the insurance people are talking it might be Spring when parts / people are available. The repair people don't have a truck big enough to take the car to them. I mean really, they can't lift any bmw's / audi's of the same age either? So now they have to go get permission / authorisation for payment to hire a bigger truck to come and get the car. Unbelievable

Silver Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
GT 5.0 mannual
how did the garage forget to fit the tyres? Lucky you noticed before they er went walkies from the garage.

The way some of the insurance people are talking it might be Spring when parts / people are available. The repair people don't have a truck big enough to take the car to them. I mean really, they can't lift any bmw's / audi's of the same age either? So now they have to go get permission / authorisation for payment to hire a bigger truck to come and get the car. Unbelievable
[/QUOTE

How on earth do they move one of these pig iron heavy electric SUVs?

Perhaps you might name the insurance company providing it doesn’t adversely affect your claim?

For a tale of Mustang repair woes with Admiral visit Billy Mayhem you tube channel!!

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
How on earth do they move one of these pig iron heavy electric SUVs?

Perhaps you might name the insurance company providing it doesn’t adversely affect your claim?

For a tale of Mustang repair woes with Admiral visit Billy Mayhem you tube channel!!
i'll maybe not look at that youtube channel.. Yeah lifting wide and heavy SUV's does seem to be an issue

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
11971230-B4C3-4E13-A64B-0BB91B753132.jpeg
Fitted a couple of mods to the Mach 1
D289D056-3153-40E7-B651-5695ACBF562F.jpeg

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
The repair people don't have a truck big enough to take the car to them. I mean really, they can't lift any bmw's / audi's of the same age either? So now they have to go get permission / authorisation for payment to hire a bigger truck to come and get the car. Unbelievable
You do know, you get to choose the company that repairs your car?
Just saying.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Well, I was quoted for tires & alignment originally, then I phoned them and said forget the tires (they quoted ~80 more than what I could have them delivered for), and asked them to do an MOT too, then on the day they were unusually busy.

They fit & balanced the tires free of charge and offered me a free valet, which I'll likely take them up on at some point as I know their set up and it's good with me

Tinpot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 w 3rd pedal delete
You do know, you get to choose the company that repairs your car?
Just saying.
This is correct but on my renewal (Liverpool Victoria) it is stated that if I don’t use their recommended repairer then the excess increases an extra £200. Sneaky ******s
Sponsored