Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
so does anyone else have issues with their shopping flying around the (pretty decent sized let's be honest) boot or just me that goes shopping with the stang? After massively overthinking the solutions i resorted to a simple bungee cord that clips into the rear bar at the boot lid hinge. Simple, easily reversible, can take a whole weeks shopping if need be and now i don't have to climb into the boot to get the shopping when i get home.
bootBagTidy.jpg
You Sir need the optional cargo net..................... :like:

IMG-2395.jpg

za3.jpg

Also good for keeping the toilet paper you are hoarding like the rest of the world was a few years ago........................:giggle:

jul52.jpg

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
You Sir need the optional cargo net..................... :like:

IMG-2395.jpg

za3.jpg

Also good for keeping the toilet paper you are hoarding like the rest of the world was a few years ago........................:giggle:

jul52.jpg
ah but i do have that and found that instead of helping it just got in the way of putting stuff into the boot. It also didn't stop bags falling over or stuff flying around the boot after the bags fell over. Not like i drive like a loon but it's not like bags are rigid and hold things straight. Obv if the boot is full of bags then nothing can fall over but if they have space to fall over, they fall over. So the cargo net is lying in the garage somewhere, next to the pressure washer i think..

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
yeah i saw them and was trying to figure out how to attach them when i thought, why not just run the bungee cord across the deck. The other thing about those hooks which i didn't realise was that those VW hooks actually fold flat so as not to get in the way. None of the sale adverts i looked at showed a pic of them flat versus folded down and i was like well surely that'll get in the way when not in use if it's hanging down all the time???
Either will work, the handles look far better thats for sure though :sunglasses: :like:

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Last edited:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
wish i'd seen @Supersolo posts on this back in October 2019 lol. Would have saved many a crawl into the boot haha

There is a beam across the back of the underside of the boot area at the opening that has cut outs in it, i would have used those cut outs to mount a flat mounting bracket so nothing was screwed into the car frame. If you look under the boot lid body side you'll see what i mean. Tee baggage hooks definitely look better than the cord thats for sure, both work

Sponsored

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Tee baggage hooks definitely look better than the cord thats for sure, both work
Hadn't thought of your solution and I like it because there's no metal work required and it's 100% no alteration to the sheet metal. Where as, I've had to make 4 square holes in the sheet metal to attach the VW hooks. Post up a pic of your Bunjee solution, so folk can see which holes you've used.

:like:

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
so i grabbed some shots this morning and er yeah looks as daft as I thought it would but it does work. Nothing worse than your shopping flying about the back of the car and you wonder what is spilling everywhere..

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Today, I tried out the Rexsupersport carbon window vents to see how they look. Cool or too cartoonish?

Vents 4.jpg

Vents 3.jpg

Vents 2.jpg

Vents 1.jpg

wenklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Personally I think they look aweful mate but it's your car. To put my opinion into some sort of perspective I think 99.9% of apperance modifications look pretty naff.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Personally I think they look aweful mate but it's your car. To put my opinion into some sort of perspective I think 99.9% of apperance modifications look pretty naff.
I was at a car show and almost felt bullied into fitting a deck spoiler, side scoops and window louvers ... :giggle:

Externally, my car is still naked / OE ford :like:

The only window louvers I really quite like are those gorilla glass full replacement items - cool, but expensive ...

1667291713353.png

WD :like:
Sponsored