What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Not “Fords service levels” is it, it’s a specific franchised dealer being awkward, I say name and shame at every opportunity, that or go on LinkedIn and post about your experience and Andy Barrat the CEO of Ford UK is always happy to help. His email address is on there too.
Fair point

Dealer has advised me to see how it goes as its working fine now. Difficult to dispute the fact that the elastoplast hasnt fixed the root cause until it stops working again....
Sponsored

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Despair.

The story so far.....

Feb: Order Mustang
Jun 22: Pick up day, notice a paint defect on the rear bumper. Dealership manager comes out and says it will be sorted ASAP
Mid July: Autowatch Ghost Immobiliser fitted so that it isn't stolen off my driveway
Late July: Mustang goes in to have paint defect fixed
2 days later: Mustang is delayed in the paint shop by a week, as "someone got sent to hospital after an accident with a Fiesta"
1 week later: Mustang returns
2 Weeks later: Engine light appears, turns out the car has thrown a fit over the Ghost immobiliser
1 week later: Back to Autowatch
1 week later: Back to Autowatch again
1 week later: Back to Autowatch once more
Early September: Paint protection film applied (the only thing to have gone right so far)
Sep 15: Car goes to a show at Brooklands and is a bit of a hit! Upon leaving, a horrible noise surfaces from the dashboard (https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/clunking-noise-on-koeo-and-startup.128578/)
Sep 25: Large chunks of plastic fall into the driver's foot well, turns out the noise was the vents breaking as a motor had decided it wanted to spin forever
Oct 7: Mustang goes in for repair
Oct 8: Mustang is collected. Turns out the dealership didn't have the right parts.
Oct 30: Mustang goes in for its second climate control repair
Oct 31: Mustang is collected. Turns out the new motors they've shipped over from the US are faulty
Nov 1: Dealership has left the (new) faulty motor attached by only the electrical connection. It falls into the driver's foot well and at one point wedges itself behind the clutch. The car has also gained heated and cooled seat buttons that shouldn't be there for some reason, as I have Recaro seats. Somebody at the dealership took out the blanks on the dash, then fitted heated and cooled seat buttons. They're fully connected, and light up when pressed, but obviously do nothing to the seat itself.

TL ; DR.........I saved up for four years to get the car of my dreams, and I am seriously considering packing it all in after just over 4 months.

AB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
Sorry to hear of your dilemmas. Had some myself and to be honest Ford's customer service level (sometimes the complete lack thereof) leaves you wondering about chucking it all in.

I had a 2009 911 Carrera S prior to this. That also had its problems but Porsche were always on the ball when it came to putting things right. There'd always be a courtesy car and everything got sorted at the first time of asking.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I think you need a better dealer rather than blaming Ford per se.

New motor was also faulty ???? Or that wasn't the problem in the first place ? What is the chance of a new motor having the same fault as the original and it not being a widespread problem?

Tin O' Spam

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think you need a better dealer rather than blaming Ford per se.

New motor was also faulty ???? Or that wasn't the problem in the first place ? What is the chance of a new motor having the same fault as the original and it not being a widespread problem?
This has all been done at Haynes, the largest Mustang seller in the south-east. You would have thought that, if any Ford dealership could do it, it would be them. They usually have a great reputation, so I'm guessing all of the decent people have taken some kind of extended holiday

Sponsored

Bullitt66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I think you need a better dealer rather than blaming Ford per se“

I think that’s Fords biggest problem. Huge variation in independent dealers abilities and appetite. That’s fine when selling used Fiestas but customer’s expectations are different on a new Stang.
Shame that customers can’t trust their nearest dealer as it’s all just Ford branding to most folks and that taints the brand

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
@Tin O' Spam

I've experienced a few hiccups, ref that immobilizer.

Engine light comes on at start-up.
I've learned it's possibly related to entering the deactivation code too soon after ignition-on.
I wait a few moments now, for the car's electrical systems to "wake up" before deactivating the immobilizer & 95% of the time this avoids the engine light coming on. I think it's PCM related.

Sorry to learn of your other car issues.
Try to stick with the car though, I hope you'll enjoy it, once you get the issues fixed.

Benno2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT - TripleYellow \ Black stripes
After admiring them in the flesh at GT101, added GT350 white pinstripes to mine today (at Joyce Design, Chelmsford) - really liking the subtle emphasis they add to the black stripes :)

706A9D39-B5BA-468D-A46E-C8A448FD4BC8.jpeg

4224EC9D-CA38-4185-96B1-4FDBBD011349.jpeg

Also yet another gear knob...... The Roush one occasionally rattled despite numerous attempts to silence it so on with a Ford Racing one. And it doesn’t rattle :thumbsup:

A84EA57D-5842-4ED5-8AC2-CE6031582E47.png

Lastly, for this week anyways, GT101 fitted some BMR jacking rails for me.

Benno

Sponsored

W111BOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 5.0 ORANGUSTANG
Vehicle Showcase
Go on then Midge ---- WHY remove the side scoops:question:

Bob

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT

Bob
Because he is donating them to me as it’s my birthday Friday? :fingerscrossed:

Today’s mod (well yesterday really) was for AP Mustang Customs to supply and fit fully sequential rear lights :like:

Benno
Is this an arm and a leg or just an arm?

Symone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1 grabber yellow A10

Bob
Putting car back to standard , so will be selling a few items like JLT oil catch can, roush intake, roush side scoops,roush axle backs, possibly 25mm wheel spacers and smoked rear light covers in the next week or so.

Adam83

Yorkshireman.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White 2017 GT
Putting car back to standard , so will be selling a few items like JLT oil catch can, roush intake, roush side scoops,roush axle backs, possibly 25mm wheel spacers and smoked rear light covers in the next week or so.
Another jumping on the 2019 model 0% deals???
Sponsored