SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
i did a thing as expected the dash now rattles as i broke all those stupid blue clips so i need to go buy some more.

Next up on list is front bumper off and irs sub frame off :( all before Saturday as I need it to drive to Howden :)
I've just been off listening to Hey Joe by Popa Chubby :headbang:

Electric Chubbyland :D
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I've just been off listening to Hey Joe by Popa Chubby :headbang:

Electric Chubbyland :D
this the rockplast gig he did from like 2015 i think it was he's so massively unheard of and quite honestly his hey joe is the best since hendrix himself. I prefer him over people like SRV for hendrix covers.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
i did more things kinda

so i bought some £15 ebay side markers and made a wiring loom kit for it for about £5 in connectors wiring + a little solder sure beats paying £65 for a wiring kit :)

IMG_20180607_180450.jpg

IMG_20180607_183412.jpg

Just this and a yank lower grill left to fit.

Snapchat-236838614.jpg

Then i can order some more carbon fibre bits

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
i did more things kinda

so i bought some £15 ebay side markers and made a wiring loom kit for it for about £5 in connectors wiring + a little solder sure beats paying £65 for a wiring kit :)

IMG_20180607_180450.jpg

IMG_20180607_183412.jpg

Just this and a yank lower grill left to fit.

Snapchat-236838614.jpg

Then i can order some more carbon fibre bits

see the back of the connector on the sidemarker - cover that up, water will get in.

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
well this was miles more difficult than it had to be there's loads of things i'm not happy about with the APR splitter fitting that shock horror isn't covered in the fitting instructions hell the instructions that came with it were for a viper and it just said place and drill.

Things to consider should you wish to do it. The belly pan screws need taking out drilling through the splitter other wise the splitter can't sit flush to the front lip or the belly tray. Make sure you put bolts through in the back corners not spread out as the instructions show you if you don't the back corners will sag.
You will no longer be able to get 2 screws through to the sub frame from the belly pan in unless you drill for them (good luck with that the belly pan lifts from the splitter screws arent long enough as the belly pan we get is different from the yank one) 2 push clips holding inner arch liner to belly pan will no longer be accessible so there's no way of getting those back in.

Anyway its on and its done and someone else can deal with it next time when fitting the carbon fibre front lip not a chance i can be arsed doing that a 2nd time.

IMG_20180609_180025.jpg

also note carbon fibre splinters annoy / sting more than fibreglass wear long sleeves and gloves!

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
I painted my quarter light mounting and it looks great. I’m tempted to take it toBristol Street so they can see how a new car should be treated.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Drove down to see [MENTION=8211]stevec[/MENTION] Saturday. Took me for a spin in the Chevy! Absolute blast :D

Today...Speedfest!
9BFA2D48-6F21-4DD6-AC2B-D18B8E242D15.jpeg

tweedbean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Two MINI's but looking for a Mustang
Decided to fully protect the car this weekend, I was sending it for a new car detail however the paint work was really good from factory so I did it myself.

First I started on the wheels:
- Sprayed using Valet Pro Dragons blood, left to work, before jet washing off
- Cleaned using wash mit and bucket of Chemical Guys Extreme Maxi Suds ii
- Second spray using Dragons blood, left to work, before jet washing off
- Dried Wheels
- Sealed using Poor boys wheel seal

Next onto the car itself:
- Snowfoamed using mix of Chemical Guys Extreme Maxi Suds ii and Valet Pro PH neutral Snow Foam, left to work then jet washed off
- Two bucket method was using hot water and Chemical Guys Extreme Maxi Suds ii
- Snowfoamed using mix of Chemical Guys Extreme Maxi Suds ii and Valet Pro PH neutral Snow Foam, left to work then jet washed off
- Dried the entire car
- Clayed each panel using Supernatural Medium detailing clay and Dodo Juice Clay lube
- No polishing required as no swirls etc so protected each panel using a minimum of two layers of Collinite 476s

The above method was used on the glass aswell.

I need to buy some proper protection for the textured black plastics, so I didnt apply any products to those for now.

Really pleased with the outcome.

42680899352_b8b0bdbff4_b.jpg
Detail and Protected by James Baker, on Flickr

28856891338_17bc5f1abb_b.jpg
Protected by James Baker, on Flickr

Getting face to face with the car while cleaning it, you get to see positives and negatives. Starting with the positives, wow the lines on this car are amazing, found so many creases etc that I hadnt notice before, Ford did a great job on the design here.

Negatives, I spotted a paint issue on the roof in the rain drains. Really poor finish and I will be raising with Ford today:

42012720934_626684f484_c.jpg
Paint Issue by James Baker, on Flickr

42012721234_52d48cdb13_c.jpg

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Negatives, I spotted a paint issue on the roof in the rain drains. Really poor finish and I will be raising with Ford today:

42012720934_626684f484_c.jpg
My paint in the gullies isn't the tidiest however it's either not that bad or just not as noticeable on Magnetic.

Rest of your car looks great though :thumbsup:

Sponsored

tweedbean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Two MINI's but looking for a Mustang
My paint in the gullies isn't the tidiest however it's either not that bad or just not as noticeable on Magnetic.

Rest of your car looks great though :thumbsup:
Thanks, the other side is spot on and what I would expect to see. Was a little shocked especially as it shows exposed surface underneath but I assume there shouldn't be any problem with Ford accepting the fix.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Looks superb [MENTION=26320]tweedbean[/MENTION] excellent work!

Re trim protection - I've used this stuff (https://www.prestigecarcareshop.com...s/products/adams-super-vrt-tire-trim-dressing) and thought it was very good; goes on nice, restores to a nice black finish (but not at all greasy) and adds some protection. Quite pricey but worth it IMO, can use on tyres too. Applied with a foam pad.

I used some Autoglym stuff in the past which was like a green gel - bit strange, not used again since.

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Decided to fully protect the car this weekend, I was sending it for a new car detail however the paint work was really good from factory so I did it myself.
Can you do mine? it looks great! :thumbsup:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
so another bit of carbon arrived :) went to go and fit it forgot i'd ran out of 3m tape so had to order more should be here tomorrow thank god for amazon prime.

IMG_20180614_150758.jpg

IMG_20180614_150803.jpg

Also having windows tinted tomorrow and rear lights made red. So get that done in afternoon bring it home give it a good wash/clean so the spoiler has got a clean surface to stick to and we're away.

just need a few more carbon bits then i'm done :)

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.
so another bit of carbon arrived :) went to go and fit it forgot i'd ran out of 3m tape so had to order more should be here tomorrow thank god for amazon prime.
You should take it to Bristol Street Motors where they will stick it on for you with superglue, just like they’ve done on some of my door trim!! :paddle::paddle:
Sponsored