Sponsored

What did you do to your UK S550 Mustang Today

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
well the other package of bits that was supposed to be arriving from hasn't arrived turns out couriers can't be arsed being couriers and instead like to just randomly leave over a grands worth of stuff in someones front garden on a bench not even in the same area as it was supposed to be being delivered to

courier claims there was no answer so it was left as instructed now there's a few issues with that I work from home so I'm in all day thats how I know they haven't even been down the street :) and what kinda idiot thinks i'd give instructions to leave a big ass parcel on display in the front garden!

not nemesis's fault but my god its every time i order something shipped with DX it doesn't arrive. so now its unlikely i'll get anything done before next saturday at howden :(
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I got the same side markers a few weeks back. They fit as good as the OEM and look great.

I only bench tested the LED strips and they look absolutely fine IMO. The problem I found however was I couldn't find a (presumably T10) socket they'd fit snugly in to in order to make a harness. That small chip on the plug under the heatshrink prevents it making a solid connection to any of the sockets I got from eBay :( Even stripping back some of the heatshrink doesn't help...

And because it is some sort of chip on the connector I didn't want to risk faffing with cutting it off entirely and trying the strips with a direct 12V.

For ÂŁ15 though I'm happy to just have red reflectors which suit my car better than those nasty orange ones. I wouldn't have been disappointed if they didn't work at all TBH.

Let us know if you find a solution however :)
I'm just going to solder some wires onto the little circuit board heat shrink it then scotch lock it the number plate light wires

take about 5 mins to do :)

Gloucesternige

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT, GR Yaris, SWB Defender, Harley.

Sponsored

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Fitted the Diode Dynamics sidemarkers today. 30 minute job my arse; its not that any of it was particularly difficult, rather that everything fought me every step :mad:
First my number plate being hard up against the LEDs meant that I needed one hand to hold in the number plate, a second to release the clip and a third (which i'm not equipped with) to pull out the unit.
Then the wire taps are sh te, which we all know. Then routing the cables away from the exhaust...no mean feat with the car on the ground.
Finally releasing the amber reflectors...

All done now, and looks good. We'll see how long they last...

sidemarkers.jpg

Sponsored

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Yesterday stripes,today a 20 min drive to Deal and a walk along the beach
To all those journos complaining "how big the mustang is on british roads" how big are those 4x4s in the first pic? ! Make the stag look like a corgi model !

Too big for British roads my arse

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
To all those journos complaining "how big the mustang is on british roads" how big are those 4x4s in the first pic? ! Make the stag look like a corgi model !

Too big for British roads my arse
I get fed up with folk saying...
It can only go in a straight line
Whats the MPG ?
Saftey rating only 2
Cheap interior
Grrrrrrrrrr!

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg