Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
How is the feel of this free away at mod. Any issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was hell but it was worth it.

I just finished drilling both 1/2'' holes in my front swaybar like the OP. I used a center punch for making the pilot hole and the little drill bits I had went through like butter and then got progressively harder. This is the hardest metal I have ever drilled and I thought AK trunnions were hard. The swaybar is very thick too. I used lots of WD40. I went through one old set of titanium drill bits and then had to go to the store to get another set to finish the passenger side. I got halfway through the driver's side and my Dewalt titanium bits got dull again so I had to get another set of Dewalt bits to barely finish the job. I don't think I'll get Dewalt titanium bits again. Somehow it took me 10 hours to drill two holes. I watched the CJ video of the CJ dude installing a brand new front swaybar in a matter of moments... After drilling, I had to file down a lot of burrs and because of this, I put down some Rustoleum to help prevent rusting. I also painted the previous mounting points. I put the top of both links into their new position easily and am waiting for the paint to dry to get the bottom bolted up. I noticed the top link is much closer to the steeing line so I'll re-evaluate it when everything is bolted up. I feel worn out and my drill got hot as hell too. I look forward to posting my noob impressions.

For the poster that said you could not rotate the swaybar, you probably have one of the links still bolted because you can rotate it with a pinky when it is unbolted at the links. You need to unbolt both links from the swaybar for it to rotate to where you can drill it.

Noob's Driving Impressions:

I just drove this car for an hour around town with the free swaybar mod. The car wants to go much straighter than before and there is more resistance to turning. I have a better feel for the road and wherever I point the steering wheel, the car immediately goes. Before this mod, the steering was a bit numb feeling and the front end of the car did not feel quite planted to the road even on sport mode which felt real fake. I haven't driven many cars, but the closest I can relate this car's front end to now is a C5 vette. Yesterday's hard work was worth it.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
I've noticed a vibration/rattle the last few times I've driven the car (Borla SType but I imagine the x-pipe is the same. Gotta get it up on a lift to see if it's rubbing something or if there is another issue.
you can try unbolting everything and shifting everything forward then retorquing everything down like someone tried with their FRPP Touring, which resolved their noise.

SINBUSTER007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19 Edge ST, 17 Escape, 12 Boss, 15 GT, 66 V8 Coupe Auto, Kids Boss 302
just ordered the STEEDA jacking rails for the 15.
then i will be installing them!

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Better pics and video to follow, but I finally installed my lights from [MENTION=15489]TheLightingFirm[/MENTION] with rbgwa sequential drls from [MENTION=9987]Diode Dynamics[/MENTION].

Sponsored

rl16v6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Black EB Premium, 2008 Shelby GT500
Car is on a truck on the way to me but got the garage done.

Very nice! My Mustang is scheduled to be delivered 10/16, so I am in the process of painting and cleaning my garage.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Opened up a little air in the grill by the JLT duct.

dash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang PP
Very nice! My Mustang is scheduled to be delivered 10/16, so I am in the process of painting and cleaning my garage.
Thanks
Yea it was a mess before I started and that was two months ago. It helped pass the time waiting for the car.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
Wow Stoli that looks great. Do the projectors change color as well or just the gills? Really badass, I love it :D

shobbs007

Forensicator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Race Red/PP; 2009 Tundra RW

Sponsored

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Wow Stoli that looks great. Do the projectors change color as well or just the gills? Really badass, I love it :D
Projectors too - they are on a separate remote from the gills (but evidently on the same frequency as the Diode Dynamics light strip I have under the strut bar).

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Looking NICE as always John, the red looks evil!

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Dyno session and took my son.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Viperbluecobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base PP Recaros
Ordered some goodies from beefcake. Can't wait to get them on!!
Sponsored